Why didnt Blizzard remove Savage Roar in WoD?

Druid
01/05/2015 02:28 PMPosted by Skunkedizle
I don't get it.

By keeping SR in the rotation it makes it Rip Bite bite bite SR rip bite bite bite SR.

Is it really that much more complex, adding one tiny button in there?

Is it really that much more complex watching one timer? Most people who will also have an addon that clearly identifies for them when it runs out?

Not really. What it is, is just plain annoying.

You won't be biting NEAR that much, especially not in this gear, outside of berserk.
01/05/2015 03:33 PMPosted by Duhl
You make a valid argument. The problem is that the glyph is not viable in anything that matters. If the glyph really were an "option" then there would be literally no dps loss at all from using it over the other glyph option. If you're saying that the added complexity should be rewarded, then you're not addressing the original problem at all to begin with.

All the complaints now are because the glyph isn't viable at a meaningful level. Icy veins doesn't even list it as an option. Why is that? Because it's completely subpar.

A 3-4% difference on a Patchwerk fight is completely viable in any instance besides world first mythic progression. If you don't like Savage Roar, use the glyph and forget it exists. If you do like Savage Roar, use the other glyph and keep using it.

This thread is stupid.
01/06/2015 11:46 AMPosted by Blackmatt

A 3-4% difference on a Patchwerk fight is completely viable in any instance besides world first mythic progression. If you don't like Savage Roar, use the glyph and forget it exists. If you do like Savage Roar, use the other glyph and keep using it.

This thread is stupid.

I dont think the thread is stupid. Why should we have to glyph and gimp ourselves to remove a tired outdated talent. Why not progress and look at maybe a different kind of finisher.

Savage Roar can be painful and if you get caught out of stealth before a pull you have probably gimped yourself quite a bit more. I have been playing a druid from vanilla and find the argument that it adds complexity to the class stupid.

Arent the boss encounters complex enough without having to worry about an outdated talent.
01/06/2015 04:47 PMPosted by Orichomara
Why should we have to glyph and gimp ourselves to remove a tired outdated talent.

Because if it's stayed in the game for three expansions, obviously Blizzard likes it ;)

Blizzard will not remove such a major aspect to a toolkit mid expansion (whether people like it or not). If it lasted through beta with Feral feedback, it will exist to the next beta.

In any case, there are more issues at the moment than one spell with a glyph option, such as DPS specs that are unviable, completely unviable/unused talents, etc.
I'd personally prefer the MoP SR(glyph) but the WoD one is OK as well
honestly, i find glyphing savagery and speccing for lunar inspiration to be more "interesting" gameplay than using SR and blood talons. I still can throw out heals everywhere, but i'm not as limited in terms of WHEN i can do so, nor NEEDING to do so. I can use a finisher, immediately throw a heal, and it won't gimp damage compared to doing the same thing with SR and BT. and multidots everywhere... absolutely everywhere.

In regards to comparing feral to other classes that have 15-second CDs that get mashed, how is a 15 second bleed any different, apart from the fact that mashing it just wastes energy and dps? you're still effectively doing the same thing: using ability A every 15 seconds. the only real difference is that with a bleed, you're permitted to be a retard that screws himself out of good damage, OR use it over and over on multiple targets. beat that 15-second-CD-havin-classes. (wtb effective AOE)

personally i find SR more annoying than anything, It's more of an oh-yeah-that-too timer that needs to be watched for no other reason than that it's there. It ends up falling off when things go awry, or you're caught off guard, or any number of a billion situations that aren't tank and spanks, and you're left slapping enemies with your purse until you can get it manually refreshed. THAT's the most annoying part about it: without it up in SOME form, your damage is utter crap. that means every situation where you dont get the drop, you get stretched thin, you get redirected to some urgent need, your damage goes down the drain for a very long time, more so than if it wasn't there at all. BT is a bit of an interesting gameplay mechanic. LI is interesting but a bit of more-of-the-same on single target fights. CoS is just mindless mode for those dumber than a sack of hammers. But really, LI and BT provide legit, subtle differences in mechanics that change the way feral plays. SR is just dumb crap.
I dont think the thread is stupid. Why should we have to glyph and gimp ourselves to remove a tired outdated talent. Why not progress and look at maybe a different kind of finisher.

Savage Roar can be painful and if you get caught out of stealth before a pull you have probably gimped yourself quite a bit more. I have been playing a druid from vanilla and find the argument that it adds complexity to the class stupid.

Arent the boss encounters complex enough without having to worry about an outdated talent.

Why are you not using incarnation at the boss pull :/

I feel like if no one could see the damage flying on their screen and there was a Damage meter addon that said how much Savage roar did, there would be a lot less of these posts. rofl

What does Rip do that SR does not for the Feral Spec. Complain about SR but not rip I just dont get it. Its all about maintaining uptime while pushing out as much Damage/Combo points between the uptime. Risking hitting that FB or even back in the day thrash without ever letting them fall off, or refreshing them early.
Yes, they can be maintained easily, but its about not wasting energy and CPs in refreshing them early when you could have FB, not energy starving yourself before a refresh, or burst phase you do not have a CD for/only TF up.
I said it, and I'll say it again

There's no difference between Savage Roar and RIP, in both you have to build combos and use it so your damage is not crap

Plus you can use Savage Roar with 1 combo, if for some reason it falls of, it's pretty fast to reapply it, as for RIP you MUST build 5 combos, so Savage Roar is even easier than RIP to keep up
01/05/2015 01:04 PMPosted by Firelèáf
2 - it has a glyph for bads that dont want it

That's sure to win over the people that don't agree with you

SR isn't a unique play-style at all, it's just one more button to maintain, nothing more
01/06/2015 10:10 PMPosted by Onine
I feel like if no one could see the damage flying on their screen and there was a Damage meter addon that said how much Savage roar did, there would be a lot less of these posts.

That's....actually brilliant.

I'm consulting my people (yes I have people for this) to start work on a weakaura that does this math, and sending it out to the world. You sir, are a genius.
01/07/2015 04:32 AMPosted by Jelzak
There's no difference between Savage Roar and RIP

Really ??

Tonight I'm gonna try to savage roar in front of that pvp target and then flee to another, savage roar to his face aswell and...

Probably die in the process doing !@#$ty damage.
01/06/2015 09:49 PMPosted by Bumblebetuna
CoS is just mindless mode for those dumber than a sack of hammers.
Same could be said for those who find refreshing SR to be difficult (of course you won't admit you find it difficult, you'll just say it's "annoying").
01/06/2015 11:46 AMPosted by Blackmatt

This thread is stupid.

What other glyph are you going to use? You're not gimping anything.

You either enjoy managing savage roar (or enjoy being a min/maxer) and use the one that applies it from stealth or you don't enjoy managing savage roar and you use the one that makes it permanent and gives you a theoretical 3% disadvantage. And unless you're perfect at managing Savage Roar (which most of us probably aren't) that theoretical disadvantage gets smaller and smaller until a point where a lot of players probably see a dps increase from it because they just can't manage the buff well enough.

The whole argument is stupid. If you like savage roar, use the glyph of savage roar. If you don't, use the glyph of savagery.

There is already an option to remove the spell that you're all !@#$%ing and moaning about wanting to remove.
Bro, go back and read the threads on this before WoD was release. People where going nuts telling everyone they will suck if they take the glyph, now you suck if you don't take it.

Next expansion they probably will get rid of it, but some things take baby steps.
What if they switched it. Instead of using combo points being baseline, it was passive baseline and you would have to use a glyph to use combo points and maybe do more damage or something?
01/07/2015 10:12 AMPosted by Rootz
What if they switched it. Instead of using combo points being baseline, it was passive baseline and you would have to use a glyph to use combo points and maybe do more damage or something?

Hey that's sort of clever actually. Wouldn't be any different really but would shut the haters up.
Savage Roar can be painful and if you get caught out of stealth before a pull you have probably gimped yourself quite a bit more.

You should be opening with Incarnation anyway which renders the above a moot point.
I can't stand savage roar I shouldn't have to keep a constant buff up to do as much dps as everyone else when ferals already have a !@#$ty time with energy as is lol I love ferals but savage roar and slower energy regen are my only complaints of the class.
01/07/2015 12:12 PMPosted by Greenlee
I can't stand savage roar I shouldn't have to keep a constant buff up to do as much dps as everyone else when ferals already have a !@#$ty time with energy as is lol I love ferals but savage roar and slower energy regen are my only complaints of the class.

Ferals are a slow energy spec that is based on management...that's how the spec works.

You just described an assassination rogue. If that's what you like, that's what you should play.
I actually considered it but I've been afraid I wouldn't like it since I've always played my Druid since I started wow lol