"Nahj supports boosting plz ban" thread

Rogue
01/16/2015 02:00 PMPosted by Neazyx
make it work like it did in cata and not break from your own bleeds, the increased CD would effectively make it more valuable to use as a peel rather than an interrupt.

Does this already, there is a talent for that just like there was a talent for it in Cata. I actually enjoy the talent even if its not the best possible talent, it gives me a degree of control and a play style as close to classic as I can get.

And increase of 5 or 10 seconds too the cooldown on gouge would not be game breaking for us, but would make casting a bit more pleasant.

Heck that would be a reduction in CC that we have, and would be license to give us our energy based burst back. I don't want cooldowns, just energy management that is rewarded, instead of it being rather laughable.
Straight up increasing the cost might be the best choice.

It would make Gouging casts a lot more costly.
And it would make Dirty Tricks more appealing, which is good since it's considered the weakest talent currently.

Or, they could increase the base CD to 35s and have the talent also reduce the CD back in addition to removing the cost.
01/16/2015 02:48 PMPosted by Neazyx
The talent is not worth taking, because it's on the same tier as Prey on the weak, like I said in my previous post. It also bugged out blind glyph in MoP, it wouldnt work, not sure if it still does but if thats the case, dirty tricks isnt even remotely viable.

Prey on the weak should be deleted because there is no other good option on that tree so long as it exists. They could then move the damage loss into our specials and finishers. Rogues should not be on teams just because we bring prey on the weak, or oodles of CC. Very sick of that point of focus I do think its a bad direction for the class.

01/16/2015 02:48 PMPosted by Neazyx
Gouge would need a longer CD to not be used constantly as a pseudo interrupt. 35 sec CD seems appropriate.

Perhaps Gouge should have a different CD for Subtlety than it does for Assassination / Combat. I know more than one rogue who uses gouge like I do, and its often as a self peel; its a fantastic survivability mechanic, and 10X more skill based than just popping feint or survival instincts, you are manually stopping your target from attacking you, and there is an opportunity cost attached. Not only does it cost you the global, and the energy, and the cooldown. But you also stop attacking.

I love the ability, and while I can see that it can be excessive for subtlety, its no so much for Assassination or combat given that they do not have shadow dance.

But,

01/16/2015 02:44 PMPosted by Harland
And increase of 5 or 10 seconds too the cooldown on gouge would not be game breaking for us, but would make casting a bit more pleasant.
01/16/2015 02:55 PMPosted by Harland
Prey on the weak should be deleted because there is no other good option on that tree so long as it exists. They could then move the damage loss into our specials and finishers. Rogues should not be on teams just because we bring prey on the weak, or oodles of CC. Very sick of that point of focus I do think its a bad direction for the class.

I would really love for that talent to be deleted. Such a bad talent.
Blizzard said they wouldn't put a talent like that in the game. A straight up damage increase. They're boring. They're lazy. They're bad design!
01/16/2015 03:09 PMPosted by Neazyx
They can't give that much dmg to rogues. Remember, it's rogue + another partner that gets 10% dmg increase, most of the time bursting.

I think you missed this..

Prey on the weak should be deleted because there is no other good option on that tree so long as it exists.

I also said

Rogues should not be on teams just because we bring prey on the weak, or oodles of CC. Very sick of that point of focus I do think its a bad direction for the class.
Nahj is one of the only top tier rogues in the game that actually contributes to the community. He helps out threads, he streams and answers almost EVERY question. Unfortunately, this takes time - And when you invest that much time into something, it's always nice to get something out of it.

The button on his stream is literally a paid advertisement that helps him to be able to do what he is doing especially now that he has been streaming full time. Another thing I want to add is that the button itself DOES NOT condone boosting against the terms of service. Although the website does have so questionable services that one could classify against the ToS, such as account sharing, it has many services that are perfectly legal with Blizzard's rules.

They have all sorts of self play packages where someone can pay a small fee to play with the best players in the game and learn from them, which is awesome. And if you think that shouldn't have a price, that is totally a matter of personal opinion. It's perfectly in line with the rules and its not like you can expect someone to give that much time helping out a random stranger via play with the pros without getting some sort of monetary compensation. It's the same idea as a personal trainer at the gym.

Like I said, Nahj is one of the largest names in the PvP community when it comes to giving back to those that are lower rated than him. Trying to get him banned is a joke, especially for a !@#$ing button on his stream.
^
On top of that WoW is pretty much his job, if he wants to make some extra money for putting essentially a sign on his stream, why not?
It's like sports and alcohol/soda. Sports are fun and provide a living, but they also advertise unhealthy products which only you can choose to buy.

That might be a bit off-topic or a bad example, but fact of the matter is other high rated players have advertised pilots but they don't get banned. It's such a minor offence and he isn't forcing you to look at anything either.
01/16/2015 07:36 PMPosted by Genericz
Although the website does have so questionable services that one could classify against the ToS, such as account sharing,

I wouldn't say they "could". They are.
Reckful and apparently Sodah got permanently banned for it. Not a temporary ban or slap on the wrists. Account closure.

Nahj is ah.. Well, I'll be honest. He's a little crazy. But, he's a good crazy. I hope he doesn't get banned. :)
if those other players did get perma-banned for the same thing...

and he does actually enjoy playing this game...

why the hell take a stupid risk?

also, how arrogant do you have to be to admit it on the blizzard official forums and in this thread?

edit: you can be the most helpful player in the world, but if Blizz is perma-banning accounts for this "minor" offense then that factor should play a role in your decision making process.
01/17/2015 06:14 AMPosted by Missfortune

No one has been perma banned for advertising on their stream and lots of streams advertise things...

Blizz has even stated they don't take outside evidence. I've reported flyhackers in RBGs with screenshots/stream vods only to have nothing done due to them not accepting outside evidence.

Advertising =/ doing

Wouldn't have took the "risk" if it existed.

There's a reason the orig thread got closed. It had no basis other than lifisha being jealous as usual calling people out for no reason to make up for his personal insecurities.
01/17/2015 04:25 PMPosted by Nahj

No one has been perma banned for advertising on their stream and lots of streams advertise things...

Blizz has even stated they don't take outside evidence. I've reported flyhackers in RBGs with screenshots/stream vods only to have nothing done due to them not accepting outside evidence.

Advertising =/ doing

Wouldn't have took the "risk" if it existed.

There's a reason the orig thread got closed. It had no basis other than lifisha being jealous as usual calling people out for no reason to make up for his personal insecurities.

You stoop as low if not lower than Lifisha just because you stream it doesn't grant you the right to be a complete and utter d*ck your arrogance is very apparent and you support third party programs and boosting, you have no honor among thieves.
01/16/2015 12:36 PMPosted by Nahj
People don't like to see nerfs even if it comes with buffs to make the game more fun and interesting to play.

Your suggestion, your PoV.

As long as what you say is not 100% PvP biased and makes us PvErs more cookie cutter than we already are (come on we have complete rows of tier talents useless for us), then propose all you want. If not, kindly think a way to implement your "suggestions" in a way that doesn´t screw up my gameplay, tyvm.