Between Arak and a Hard Place

Bug Report
1 2 3 20 Next
I'm having an issue with the achievement not crediting. I've completed this on two other characters. I'm missing credit for Securing Soutport and Gods of Arak, though I have the quest rewards for the final piece of either chain.

I even went to both places, to see if either quest giver had something else, or was bugged. For securing southport, the gnome is actually using the laser thing the quest completes with. There was a few minutes of phasing issues with Veil Terrok, but after reopening the client, and returning, nothing is credited.

I have the quest rewards currently in my inventory, and it's possible to check the quest IDs to show completion. Please fix this.
EDIT 12/31/2014

So the day after I posted this, roughly 14-16 hours later, the achievement randomly credited on my shaman. i didnt do anything, aside from posting the bug report, sending an ingame bug report, and opening a ticket.

Now, I decided to go for this achievement on a 4th character. Lo and behold the exact same achievement objectives refused to credit. Here's to hoping they "catch up" soon.

Please figure this out Blizzard.
Edit (5 minutes later)
I turned in the final quest, for "Legacy of Terrok" and all 3 credited together. Strange, but I'll take it.

So for anyone else having this issue, do everything you can: Report bug in game, report bug on the forums, open a ticket and wait.

I'd give it a day.
I am having the same issue, GM says there are no issues and to go check wowhead. I did that before I opned a ticket and had gone to every location the quest givers are meant to spawn.
The same thing has happened to me. I can't get the follower at the end, the Talonpriest bird, although I've completed every single quest needed for it. Even the 'peace offering' one that people were having trouble with. Just bumping this to get some visibility.
Same exact thing, but on Horde side.

GM gave the same canned response as Llamakng.

I was able to complete the quest line "When the Raven Swallows the Day" which you need the Talon King's Daughter's bracelet in order to even interact with the Effigy, you can only get the bracelet by completing "The Gods of Arok". That should be proof enough that I met the required criteria that is posted in wowhead for that quest chain.

I was hoping to get the Talon Priest follower as it is one of the very few guardians you can take with you in the field.

Hope they realize there is an issue soon.
Sane issue on my latest character, Aleetha on Arygos. I leveled 4 others without a problem.
Same issue on my Alliance priest. Nothing in Southport, and I killed Seethe with Anzu already.
Same Alliance 12/24/14...not showing achievement
I am having the same issue. I built the Inn and finished the Attempted Murder questline as well ending with No Time to Waste. I've opened multiple tickets and I received the same copy and paste response:

Greetings,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us about your in-game issue. If you believe the issue to be caused by a bug in the game, please report in detail using the in-game Bug Reporting feature in the Help window to the developers and bug teams of World of Warcraft so that the issue can be fixed.

The issue you reported is either something we are not able to assist with, or we are unable to verify that all of the criteria were met. At this time, we are not able to assist with granting progress or completion. The only way to get this achievement is to run through the criteria again.

I would also recommend checking out the criteria on one of our database fan-sites, such as (www.Wowhead.com). The comments section has a lot of helpful tips and information from other players, that can often times help clarify any missing details.

Thanks again for contacting us about this issue!​​​​​​​​

Some assistance from Blizzard would be greatly appreciated.
12/24/2014 09:49 AMPosted by Gralan
I've opened multiple tickets and I received the same copy and paste response:

This is because Blizzard can't directly give you the achievement. You are going to have to wait for QA and the developers to fix the bug. Blizzard's in-game support staff gave you the correct response (they need to write better copy-paste responses, but in this case, you won't ever get anything else).

You have to just report on the specifics you are having with the bug here on the bug reports forum and hope that by being really specific and helpful, QA will be able to identify and fix the problem.

More specifically, if a quest isn't correctly flagging that you completed it in their database, then the customer service staff won't have a record that shows you completed the achievement. If they don't have a record you completed the achievement, then they can't give you the achievement (and if the game bugged such that you couldn't complete one of the quests needed, then you also wouldn't be able to have GMs intervene either).
Having the same issue as everyone else.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/blackwater-raiders/Eryri/achievement#96:15220:a8926

I even looked at a character that did have the achievement complete and whadyaknow;
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/wyrmrest-accord/Miralea/achievement#96:15220:a8925

They are missing the same part even though it is completed. Wasn't an issue until they did the garrison outpost hotfix it seems.
I finished this quest line and didn't receive the credit for Securing Soutport or Gods of Arak, also I didn't receive the follower TalonPriest Ishaal like I did on my other character. I checked the quest ID's on wowhead and the quests leading up to these achievements are completed.
I am having the same issue. I built the Inn and finished the Attempted Murder questline as well ending with No Time to Waste. I've opened multiple tickets and I received the same copy and paste response:

Greetings,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us about your in-game issue. If you believe the issue to be caused by a bug in the game, please report in detail using the in-game Bug Reporting feature in the Help window to the developers and bug teams of World of Warcraft so that the issue can be fixed.

The issue you reported is either something we are not able to assist with, or we are unable to verify that all of the criteria were met. At this time, we are not able to assist with granting progress or completion. The only way to get this achievement is to run through the criteria again.

I would also recommend checking out the criteria on one of our database fan-sites, such as (www.Wowhead.com). The comments section has a lot of helpful tips and information from other players, that can often times help clarify any missing details.

Thanks again for contacting us about this issue!​​​​​​​​

Some assistance from Blizzard would be greatly appreciated.

This is the same response word from word that I got, so its just a form letter. I told them I already went to Wowhead to make sure the quests were fulfilled and they send that telling me to go to wowhead, obviously an actual human doesn't read our submissions they just have some software go through it.
I haven't received credit for this achievement either. Everything in my log is checked except Securing Southport. I have done all the quests in the spires. Took me two days of game play. :(
I've been able to complete the Between Arak and Hard Place on 2 other characters but on my current character I'm missing progress for Gods of Arak and Establishing Axefall. I've downloaded Wholly and Grail to see which quests I'm not getting credit for and Befriending the Locals and Not Here, Not Now (which are both apart of the Establishing Axefall questline) are marked as available although I've completed them. Credit for Gods of Arak has been bugged for awhile but was still able to get the achievement on that character as opposed to Establishing Axefall. Hopefully this is fixed soon since it doesn't sound like the GMs will be of much help.
I'm having the exact same issue. The main problem is that I've gone through the actual API logs and found that it is reporting that the quests required for me to get the meta achievements are in fact completed. I'm using the Smuggler's Den and have completed The Ebon Hunter quest thread and received the Assembly Notes but didn't get credit for the meta. Same with The Gods of Arak, The final quest is shown as being completed on the API but I don't have credit for it on this toon. It wasn't an issue with the last character that I completed it on. Now I'm unable to get Talonpriest Ishaal due to the fact that things are bugged. It bothers me heavily that the GMs are using copy and paste responses saying that it isn't an issue when there are so many people having it not only here but on the EU servers as well. Hopefully the maintenance will fix the issue.
Having the same problem. The quest "Not Here, Not Now" is showing as available when using Grail, Wholly and the Icy Veins completed quest checker. I know I have done it and finished the chain right up to receiving the assembly notes. My ticket was the same as above where they said they couldn't do anything to verify completion, check Wowhead and submit a bug report.

More specifically, if a quest isn't correctly flagging that you completed it in their database, then the customer service staff won't have a record that shows you completed the achievement. If they don't have a record you completed the achievement, then they can't give you the achievement (and if the game bugged such that you couldn't complete one of the quests needed, then you also wouldn't be able to have GMs intervene either).

Except that both APIs for checking whether or not a quest is complete (IsQuestFlaggedComplete(id) and QueryQuestsCompleted()) are showing every quest, not just for the achievement but for the zone (with a few non-relevant exceptions) are complete. At least, for me. I spent three hours checking exactly that today.
12/24/2014 02:05 PMPosted by Lissanna

This is because Blizzard can't directly give you the achievement.

Totally untrue, a guildie had such an achievement complete but un-credited, his ticket was answered and the achievement was credited.
I wonder how long it will take for this to be fixed?
Just to add I am also experiencing problems, i have done every quest in the area all bonus objectives ive checked wowhead for quests and it shows me as having them all completed. I chose the inn as my building and it is still showing "Establishing Axefall" as uncomplete.