Remembering Mourninglory

Customer Support
1 2 3 12 Next
Today, we received some heart wrenching news. Mourninglory, a well-known member and MVP of our community, passed away on Friday, January 23rd.

MG was one of the truly exceptional people we here have had the fortune to know over the years. She has been a constant example of what impact relationships in the gaming community can have: She was always pleasant, helpful, kind, friendly, and joyful to all that had the pleasure of meeting her, virtually and otherwise. Whether she was helping players in forum threads or sharing *huggles* in the CS Lounge, she was someone who could always lift the spirits of those around her.

To honor her memory and legacy of kindness to others, we invite posters who may have known her to share stories and words of comfort for her family.

May Elune light your path, Mourninglory. *

We currently plan on locking/unstickying this thread on February 1st to preserve the kind words posted here.
Like I said on Facebook:

One of those people who are always happy for you when things go well, always have a kind word when things aren't, and are just generally awesome friends.
She is a sister to me and will live on in the CSF forever.
A light has gone out in this world. She will be forever loved and missed. Words are inadequate to describe how she impacted us all and what she meant to us.

Edit:
01/27/2015 08:41 AMPosted by Alysaena
This was made by our friend Leorina, I just felt like it should be posted here too to be preserved.

http://i.imgur.com/ugx1PRt.png

This was posted a little later on in the thread. I've put it up here for easy viewing.
MG was a truly bright light in the darkness.

A loving mother and wife.

She had a wicked sense of humor.

I've interacted with her daily since about 2007, here on the forums at first, at Blizzcon a few years ago, and as a guildie for the last few years.

Always quick with a smile and a hug, or some fluffy bunnies and rainbows... but it was the snark, the wit, the absolute love of life that will remain.

Her impact on many of us is huge.
My thoughts are with her family and loved ones.
I remember when I first came to the CSF and started posting, I was suffering from insomnia and going through some of the worst moments of my life.

I became friends with "MG", who, at the time was awake most of the same times I was because of the time zone difference.

I remember us chatting back and forth in threads before the lounge was a thing.

I remember all the advise she gave me as I went through those times and on to happier times.

Mostly I remember the dancing and the smiles and the sunshine she out-poured, and the incredible, INCREDIBLE patience she had.
She was an amazing person. Truly inspiring.

A wonderful friend.
A superhuman mother.

Always willing to listen when things weren't going well.
Always happy for you when they were.

She will be truly, truly missed.
Junka asked me to post for him, he doesn't have his authenticator:

"The world is a bit darker today."
MG was an amazing, wonderful, loving person. Someone who brightened your life, just by knowing her.

Fory, my heart goes out to you and the 'lings.
MG made you feel as if you were the most important thing in her life when you were interacting with her. Whether in game or in RL, she was such a delight and such a true ray of sunshine that could penetrate even the most hidden darkest places. She was interwoven in to the fabric of my EVERY DAY, as it was an ongoing joke as to how long it would take her to like anything that I've posted on FB. I'm so sorry to lose a friend like her.

-Jimmy
That is a very horrible news. :'( My condolences.

Zalki,
European CS-MVP
I'm devastated.

She was the daughter I never had.

The world became a smaller and darker place with her absence.

She always had a kind word for everyone.

My heart goes out to Fory and their seven moonkinlings.

SHE IS GONE

You can shed tears that she is gone
or you can smile because she has lived.

You can close your eyes and pray that she'll come back
or you can open your eyes and see all she's left.

You heart can be empty because you can't see her
or you can be full of the love you shared.

You can turn your back on tomorrow and live yesterday
or you can be happy for tomorrow because of yesterday.

You can remember her and only that she's gone
or you can cherish her memory and let it live on.

You can cry and close your mind, be empty and turn your back
or you can do what she'd want: smile, open your eyes, love and go on.

I love you dawtah.
I am a better person, we all are better people, those whose lives were touched by her shining light.
I don't have many words - my tears drown them out.

I hope that she is dancing.
I can't type right now. Love you MG <3
I'll miss reading her daily "3 positives" on facebook. Seeing all of her likes on my posts, even if it was something silly and unimportant. I'll miss her words of encouragement when I've been having a rough day. I could really use some of that right about now :(
She loved my puns. I can't think of anything nicer I could ever say about anyone. I will miss you sweet lady, more than I can say. You've been a friend here, in game and on Facebook for nigh on 10 years. The web is a smaller place today. :(

EDIT: Just went back looking at my FB page. Her last post on my page, from last week, was a photo of a sign in a grocery store that said "I love you from my head tomatoes"

I'll never forget the photo or pun, ever. I love you tomatoes as well MG.
She's with her mum now. <3
Love you. Miss you so much already.