Dks can get out of everything.

Arenas
I understand giving classes multiple outs, but really dks? Do what you did with shockwave and storm bolt with desecrated ground and Lichborne and but them in the same talent bracket or something, they have no punishment for getting out of cc's also, like if a paladin uses bubble they lose their main defensive and do 50% less damage while it's up. Just a thought.
Gnome Dks*
besides those breaks they're pretty kite-able.
They have no punishment for getting out off cc you say? Aside from trinket which every single arena player on the planet has they have desecrated ground. That's the only other "trinket" they get for free without punishment. Lich borne is a pseudo heal and for unholy it's a big defensive heal if it's needed. So it's either a nice self heal or break that fear. Icebound fortitude you say? Well let's see. It's a three minute cooldown and it's literally the only defensive ability the class has, the only one. Aside from being a damage reduction it removes and prevents stuns for eight seconds or so. I'd say that's pretty punishing if you use it to go offensive and then they hard swap to you, wouldn't you? Especially if you also used that lich borne to fear break instead of heal some while your healer is cc'ed.

There's punishment, but like you everyone else chooses to ignore these facts. Also try rooting or snaring, it usually works.
Protip for priests, against Dk's run Tendrils.....Seriously you'll win a lot more games against DK's rather than running Scream..
12/23/2014 07:52 PMPosted by Greenyep
Protip for priests, against Dk's run Tendrils.....Seriously you'll win a lot more games against DK's rather than running Scream..

Tendrils don't annoy me as much as any other root on dk.

You can just 1 shot them, or pre ams.
Most classes have 1 or 2 abilities that can break cc, but they're on shorter cds. So looking at how many cc breaks a class has every 2 minutes dks are pretty middle of the pack on cc breaks and are really vulnerable to roots and slows. All the stupid stuff with dks and you picked what's probably one of the most pointless things to complain about.
''hey guys i should be able to kite a dk forever no matter what, please make me able to kill him while he can't even get close to me''
Well there's ams on a 45 second cooldown that stops all of your damage and they can sit in blood pres and what if hes a gnome, or running with a hunter or a paladin? there's no rooting them.
12/24/2014 05:48 PMPosted by Phibanney
Well there's ams on a 45 second cooldown that stops all of your damage and they can sit in blood pres and what if hes a gnome, or running with a hunter or a paladin? there's no rooting them.

You're a special kind of stupid aren't you? It might stop YOUR damage but it doesn't stop physical stuns, or any melee damage. So yeah still not as op as you think it is. And woohoo blood presence omg 10% damage reduction while reducing your damage output, what a bad !@# ability right? And so what if he's a gnome? You can be a gnome. And so what if he runs with a hunter or pally? You can run with a hunter or pally too. Seriously stop bro.

Edit: the only thing you could consider strong about the entire class is possibly healing ability. But sinc they lack literally any kind of actual straight damage reduction other than a 20% on a three minute cooldown healing is the only thing they really have and its not on demand like a hybrid they have to use finite resources for it.
Wait we can get out of roots and slows and don't have a gap closer every 25 seconds so druids can power shift away?? This is news to me.
12/23/2014 07:57 PMPosted by Aorris
Most classes have 1 or 2 abilities that can break cc, but they're on shorter cds. So looking at how many cc breaks a class has every 2 minutes dks are pretty middle of the pack on cc breaks and are really vulnerable to roots and slows. All the stupid stuff with dks and you picked what's probably one of the most pointless things to complain about.

Middle of the pack? Dks have the most CC breaks in the game period. Name one class/spec that can break more Hard CCs (stun/fear/disorient/etc no root/snare) than a Dk, I'm honestly curious.
12/23/2014 07:12 PMPosted by Fëaver
They have no punishment for getting out off cc you say? Aside from trinket which every single arena player on the planet has they have desecrated ground. That's the only other "trinket" they get for free without punishment. Lich borne is a pseudo heal and for unholy it's a big defensive heal if it's needed. So it's either a nice self heal or break that fear. Icebound fortitude you say? Well let's see. It's a three minute cooldown and it's literally the only defensive ability the class has, the only one. Aside from being a damage reduction it removes and prevents stuns for eight seconds or so. I'd say that's pretty punishing if you use it to go offensive and then they hard swap to you, wouldn't you? Especially if you also used that lich borne to fear break instead of heal some while your healer is cc'ed.

There's punishment, but like you everyone else chooses to ignore these facts. Also try rooting or snaring, it usually works.

Unless you're training the DK from start to finish, he isn't using lichborne for healing, he's using it the moment he gets feared so he can continue training the healer. He's going to insta IBF any stun to continue training the healer. He's going to then desecrated out of any hard cc to keep training the healer. They then have trinket ON TOP OF ALL THAT. Don't kid yourself, DKs don't get "punished" for using their breaks incorrectly when they have AMS and pet sac to survive forever.
12/25/2014 04:44 AMPosted by Gumßall
Sec, let me conversion to full real quick. ~

You mean the talent that was nerfed so hard at the end of MoP that no DK in their right mind would take it over the other 2 choices? You mean that conversion, which can cost up to THIRTY runic power per-second in exchange for 2% hp recovery?
Despite all these outs I still find dks easier to kill than most other melee. Maybe it's because I'm running demo a lot lately.
But you're a priest..
Not roots