Anyone feel this way about unholy?

Death Knight
This might be a silly question but I wanted to ask since I want to see if I am the only one. I think frost DK's are awesome and fun to play. Blood is meh but I hate unholy. I don't like pet classes and i don't want to ever play unholy and I know i don't have too. I just don't want to be stuck with 1 DPS spec. Anyone else feel this way?
Wouldn't worry about it, Frost is competitive this tier for raiding, Unholy is still ahead but it's not worth switching specs if you REALLY don't want to. Idk about DW as I only play 2h frost, but I'm keeping up with other DPS in my guild just fine, excluding our WW, just cause WW are still beast atm.
If it's any consolation, you don't really have to interact with your pet much as Unholy aside from PvP.

(That is, you can get by in PvE simply pressing DT when it lights up).
ehh, its 1 button every 30 seconds for pet management, it's not micro'd at all
I just don't like the play style of Unholy and I pretty much only pvp with occasionally some PvE. I guess the game changes so drastically that it is hard to just say "Im only going to play Frost/Blood" cause people wont do arenas with you or RBG's if you spec isn't good enough. I guess my biggest fear is to pick a class/spec I love and maybe I love it because I feel powerful, then Blizz to nerf it and force me to play a spec I don't like. I know this kinda how MMORPG's work with up and downs of classes but kinda gets old after a while. Anyone else feel this way?
"I don't like pets..."

Yeah, whats to like about having a counter to a rogues opening stuns, an extra interrupt on healers, and passive damage when you are being kited. Look, I get that it takes some time adjusting. I get it. But it brings so much more to the table. I have a really hard time playing frost now. It seems really clunky and boring.
" I have a really hard time playing frost now. It seems really clunky and boring."

That's your opinion, just like his is that he doesn't like pets, it's all personal preference dude.
I dislike pets too, but hate frosty theme. Wishing I can be the dark transformation instead of the pet as a glyph. One can dream.
I completely empathize with your feelings on Unholy. Since the dawn of Death Knights in the game, I've been a diehard Frost DK. For me, the theme was particularly fascinating, I liked the abilities, and I didn't mind the rotation.

While I gave each specialization a turn throughout WotLK, as I wanted to learn all three facets of game play, Unholy was easily my least favorite. Theme-wise, Blood didn't feel as cool as Frost (no pun intended), but its play style was quick to pick up, its soloing ability was legendary, and as a tank they were highly sought after. I think the perpetual complaints about Unholy being below the curve or imbalanced also had something to do with its lack of appeal to me as a player.

When WoD launched, I decided to mix up the game to try some different and I've been playing Unholy as my primary specialization in PvE. I can't say I've been disappointed, as Unholy has offered some wonderful numbers and a chance to reignite my passion for better understanding my favorite class. I've learned to appreciate my undead minion and embrace my life as a master of disease. I'm also excited to use Death Coil as a staple ability again; it’s just an inexplicably neat ability.

Just know that you're not alone. All three specializations have a passionate player base and we all have our personal reasons why we love a particular theme more than the others. Having pushed past my reservations for Unholy has made me a better DK, but at the end of the day, my heart is still frozen and my talons are still icy.
12/28/2014 08:55 PMPosted by Mordred
" I have a really hard time playing frost now. It seems really clunky and boring."

That's your opinion, just like his is that he doesn't like pets, it's all personal preference dude.

TBF, I also think 2h Frost is clunky. It's easily one of my favorite specs, but I hate that RNG is allowed to have such a heavy influence on your dps. Unholy doesn't have that problem. Personally, I wish there were options that allowed you to control your KM procs... swing timers help a ton, but I feel like that's just a bandaid fix.
12/29/2014 08:57 AMPosted by Grimnirr

TBF, I also think 2h Frost is clunky. It's easily one of my favorite specs, but I hate that RNG is allowed to have such a heavy influence on your dps. Unholy doesn't have that problem. Personally, I wish there were options that allowed you to control your KM procs... swing timers help a ton, but I feel like that's just a bandaid fix.

Frost is very smooth actually, even rhythmic. I say this as someone who spent time to familiarize the rotation. There are 3 dps branches, and all have the same "beat". You swing your weapon, then use two abilities. Swing then two abilities. Learning to pick which two is the crux of the spec and is very fun once you find the flow of it. I don't find the RNG to mess it up at all, as it allows you time to spend RP (when you don't get KM). Beautifully designed IMO.

I recently switched to Unholy as I feel frost doesn't offer the same dps opportunities as unholy. I have yet to find that rhythm in unholy. I feel like I'm just button mashing. The skill is just knowing which button to hit next, which varies pretty wildly depending on your dark transformation state(if it's active) and rune state. Unholy is still foreign to me...
loving it so far, throwing death coils and summoning gargoyles and ghouls while wearing plate armor and big two handed sword? whats not to like! 8)