Stratholme Deathcharger - How many runs?

Achievements
Title says it all: To those who have Rivendar'e Deathcharger, how many runs did it take you?

I'm on run #86 at the moment, so just wondering how much more of this I have to look forward to, on average. :P (Yes, I'm aware RNG is RNG and I could, technically, be doing this for thousands of runs.)

The drop rate is 1%, right? Someone was trying to tell me it was 0.02%. O_o
I must have been somewhere around 400 or so runs to get mine, its a bummer that MoP and WoD both are missing 1% dungeon drop mounts, vanilla/BC/Wrath and Cata all had them and it keeps the content alive long after the expansions are over.
01/05/2015 07:29 PMPosted by Lethalock
I must have been somewhere around 400 or so runs to get mine, its a bummer that MoP and WoD both are missing 1% dungeon drop mounts, vanilla/BC/Wrath and Cata all had them and it keeps the content alive long after the expansions are over.

I agree. Though MoP has enough raid mounts to keep us very busy next expac at least. X_X
Got it after 37 kills.
Took about 250 kills for me. I would do 5 daily runs so I didnt go crazy so it took a few weeks.
I feel like I was around 200 or so. Still, a lot better than the original 1/10000 drop rate.
I forget, somewhere in the 70s?

You'll have a probability of 50% to get it every 69 tries in aggregate for 1% drops.
And before anyone calls me out for being wrong as they do every time I talk about probability, please read this http://wow.joystiq.com/2010/01/13/drop-chance-probability/

Also keep in mind doing something 69 tries twice doesn't mean 100%, it would just get you 50% closer to the remainder, so it'd be 75% and truly never reach 100%.
01/06/2015 03:18 PMPosted by Ravene
You'll have a probability of 50% to get it every 69 tries in aggregate for 1% drops.
And before anyone calls me out for being wrong as they do every time I talk about probability, please read this http://wow.joystiq.com/2010/01/13/drop-chance-probability/

Ah, nice. Thanks. :)

Yeah, on run #105, still no luck. I'm doing 10 - 20 a day (or whenever I'm bored), so I don't get burned out too quickly either.
got it in 230 kills, all 230 kills within the space of 3 days
01/06/2015 03:18 PMPosted by Ravene
I forget, somewhere in the 70s?

Also keep in mind doing something 69 tries twice doesn't mean 100%, it would just get you 50% closer to the remainder, so it'd be 75% and truly never reach 100%.

Ahh Good. Someone who truly understands probability.

That said, it took me 168 runs to get it. I wouldn't event call those particularly bad odds, there's an 18.7% chance you'll go 167 runs without a drop.

Doubtless this is WoW's RNG getting its vengeance on me for dropping the Ashes in Tempest Keep on my 22nd. run.

I kid, I kid. ;)
I was a little over 100 runs when I took a break.

I'll start again soon.
144 , gave up
around 30. did it back when it was suppose increased with 3.0. only farmed it as a joke cuz a friend of mine was really trying for it. he never got it even after 200+runs he still hates me to this day hehe
Around 700+ runs in the past expansions. Ran it last night for the first time in WoD and got it on my 2nd run.
I am somewhere around 340 across a couple of guys and still haven't gotten it. I actually gave up for now.
Most of my runs were in cataclysm when they werent tracked in your characters statistics (because Aurius became the new boss and the statistics tracked Baron kills), But I would guess I had somewhere between 200 and 300 runs. I got 3 runeblades but never saw the mount. Then the mount dropped for me leveling an alt (lost the roll) and I decided to start farming it again. After about 10 kills in WoD it dropped.
I did it less than 100 times not counting the times I ran it as I was leveling alts and I never got it, then I did a dungeon and got it in the satchel for the tanks healers out there it may be worthwhile to do randoms when your spec is needed.
It was around the high 100s, got it on the last run before raid like 2 xpacs ago.
It took me somewhere between 40-50 runs to get it.
Back when I decided to farm the deathcharger, i set my hearthstone to Lights Hope, and vowed not to leave Plaugelands until the mount dropped. And I farmed non-stop, if I was logged into wow, I was farming strat.... and this was when I was level 70, so each run took time... You could easily agro too many mobs and still die... When my bags filled up, I woudl Hearthstone to lights hope, vendor the stuff, and ride back and start again. Vendor mount would have been really helpful.

Anyway, 28ish runs later, the mount dropped.