Stratholme Deathcharger - How many runs?

Achievements
07/26/2018 10:05 AMPosted by Noshelter
07/25/2018 09:14 PMPosted by Azraia
You don't think a mount can take 700 runs, just because yours took <100? lol

for a 1% droprate the chances of not seeing in 700 runs are astronomical.

I have farmed up EVERY dungeon and raid mount in the game. There were only a few unlucky instances where it took over 100. I believe lick king took a few extra runs, and so did blazing drake, but I saw them both before 150.

There is NO way you've run it 700 times with no drop. It's embellishment and belly-aching.

Thats not how percentages work. It doesn't freaking matter how many times you didn't get it. every single time you have a 99% chance to not get it.

You have to run hundreds of thousands of iterations to get the statisical average of 1%. But unless you are gonna run it a couple hundred thousand times you aren't gonna see the statistical average.

Thus some people are still going mad after 12 years or whatever, and some idiot gets it his first run whilst leveling, and never learns it.
It also helps for these types of farms if you get the most mobile class and items you can, baron rivendares sword can be used for a lot of things too.
01/29/2015 01:58 PMPosted by Kookamunga
144 , gave up

Got mine at 161.

Can't give up, but I feel your pain.
Before I got my Deathcharger mount, I had farmed the place so many times I lost count. Decided to take a break from running it for several months.

When I decided to try for it again after my break from the grind, It dropped on my 1st run. :-)

Xanlorash [The Insane]
Follow me on Twitter: @Xanlorash
10/02/2018 09:41 PMPosted by Tiernä

I have farmed up EVERY dungeon and raid mount in the game. There were only a few unlucky instances where it took over 100. I believe lick king took a few extra runs, and so did blazing drake, but I saw them both before 150.

There is NO way you've run it 700 times with no drop. It's embellishment and belly-aching.

Thats not how percentages work. It doesn't freaking matter how many times you didn't get it. every single time you have a 99% chance to not get it.

You have to run hundreds of thousands of iterations to get the statisical average of 1%. But unless you are gonna run it a couple hundred thousand times you aren't gonna see the statistical average.

Thus some people are still going mad after 12 years or whatever, and some idiot gets it his first run whilst leveling, and never learns it.

Yep its called gamblers fallacy. If a quarter lands on heads it does not increase your odds of it landing on tails on the second flip.
About 85 a couple of years back
Lost count of how many runs I did on this character. Ended up getting in on my void elf alt that was running that dungeon for the 1st time.
249 kills back in 2012
I did over 500 runs on another character a couple of years ago and stopped doing the runs out of frustration.

Last night I ran the dungeon for the first time in at least three years and the mount dropped. I could not believe it.
10/02/2018 09:41 PMPosted by Tiernä

Actually, you're wrong.

If you kill a boss for a mount with a 1% drop rate 700 times, the chances of it having dropped for you is something close to 99.9119%. Anyone who's put in that number of attempts on something is extremely unlucky.