Mount at Level 1 (6.1)

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 7 Next
01/27/2015 05:30 PMPosted by Darkprofit
Considering it takes me about an hour to hit level 20 while covered in heirlooms, which naturally would follow having 35 of them, I'm really not impressed. I would like to know what the mount looks like though.

yeah it is really ironic how they gated this thing. if you have every loom in the game it wont take you long at all to hit 20.

people that dont have heirlooms are the ones that are going to actually want this
01/27/2015 04:51 PMPosted by Audrena
01/27/2015 04:47 PMPosted by Bloodyshots
Do you know if the garrosh heirlooms count to that total or is it just the vendor heirlooms?

The Garrosh heirlooms don't even appear in the heirloom dialog unless you have them, so again, not required to meet the 35. Haven't checked whether or not they are included in the count; can't see why they wouldn't be.

Alright cool, was just curious cause I've got many of them, would make it much easier if they did end up counting towards the 35 :P
01/24/2015 04:10 PMPosted by Fawnix
According to the 6.1 PTR patch notes:

Collecting all heirloom items awards a special mount usable by level 1 characters.

Does this mean we need the fishing event BoA for this mount? When I won it I took the trinket that turns you into a fish.

I've asked about that and was informed that the achievement involves collecting a number of heirlooms (not all of them). Working on getting clarification on the Heirloom collections tab and will be updating the 6.1 PTR Patch Notes with more concrete information once it's available.
01/27/2015 05:52 PMPosted by Rygarius

Does this mean we need the fishing event BoA for this mount? When I won it I took the trinket that turns you into a fish.

I've asked about that and was informed that the achievement involves collecting a number of heirlooms (not all of them). Working on getting clarification on the Heirloom collections tab and will be updating the 6.1 PTR Patch Notes with more concrete information once it's available.

Awesome.
01/27/2015 05:52 PMPosted by Violetzero
This better not be usable in BGs.

There are no level 1 BGs so what are you grousing for?

Just had a flashback of doing Arathi Basin on foot. "GM needs help!" run run run...k too late. "Lumber Mill!!!" run run *huff pant* up the hill, nobody's there.
...I can't remember if I ever took the ring when I won or not.

Gonna suck if it's not retroactive.

Are the Garrosh Heirlooms going to count toward that number?
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Are the Garrosh Heirlooms going to count toward that number?

Calling it now - yes. I suspect it will be a combination of the new ones and their upgrade path and the grandfathered old ones towards a total number. That way both old and new players (with no access to the old heirlooms) can get the new item. There would be very little point in putting something like this in the game that zero new players could get.
01/27/2015 06:01 PMPosted by Vixie
01/27/2015 05:52 PMPosted by Violetzero
This better not be usable in BGs.

Just had a flashback of doing Arathi Basin on foot. "GM needs help!" run run run...k too late. "Lumber Mill!!!" run run *huff pant* up the hill, nobody's there.

As silly as Violent's posts can be generally, this is one point I'll agree with her/him on. Just because there's no BG's at level one doesn't mean it's a non-issue, the problem is that it'd be the only mount before 20, and puts players that have it at a clearly massive advantage.
Speculation, but what if the mount is same speed as walking? Scales to normal when you hit 20. Just don't think it makes a ton of sense to give a level 1 a regular speed mount.
01/27/2015 06:23 PMPosted by Tongus
Speculation, but what if the mount is same speed as walking? Scales to normal when you hit 20. Just don't think it makes a ton of sense to give a level 1 a regular speed mount.

Sure it does.

Heirlooms are meant to speed up leveling for those players who've earned it. What is left to slow down the fast experience, is running to quest areas, or to do turn ins, or whatever. Mount makes it quicker. Just like heirlooms. I don't have a problem with it. There's no point if it's walking/running speed.
01/27/2015 06:23 PMPosted by Tongus

This seems like too much of a "reward for altaholics" kind of thing to just be another turtle, though.
01/27/2015 06:19 PMPosted by Caminar
Just because there's no BG's at level one doesn't mean it's a non-issue

mount speed scales with your riding skill.

it has for a long time.

there is no riding skill below 20, so... it does kind of seem like a non issue.

Without more information, speculation is pointless.
Thanks Rygarius! Also if it's not too much to ask: Do you know how enchants on BoA heirlooms will work once the tab is implemented?
I hope the Garrosh, the fishing and other some of the other limited heirlooms are not part of it.

If they include the Garrosh BoA's then the decision by Watcher to remove the Garrosh BoA's will be even more spiteful than it already is.
It's the "Chauffer mount" - currently uses mechanohog model, except there is an NPC in the main seat and you're in the sideseat. You still control it.

Achievement that grants it requires 35 heirlooms.
01/27/2015 06:19 PMPosted by Caminar
01/27/2015 06:01 PMPosted by Vixie

As silly as Violent's posts can be generally, this is one point I'll agree with her/him on. Just because there's no BG's at level one doesn't mean it's a non-issue, the problem is that it'd be the only mount before 20, and puts players that have it at a clearly massive advantage.

Of course my first line was just a facetious comment.

The rest of my post clearly stated my experience of mount-less BGs in our baby times. Obviously having a mount in the foot race BGs would totally unravel the "game-ness". Obviously Blizz would put in a block for that. That's a given.
< has 14 or 15 Garrosh heirlooms ... only missing the 1h str sword.

But ... I do like this.

I've asked about that and was informed that the achievement involves collecting a number of heirlooms (not all of them).

Have every BOA you can get except the ring and cloth helm that magically disappeared and wasn't able to be restored.

Looking forward to my lvl 1 mount.