Time Warner Instance Load Screen Hanging

Technical Support
Prev 1 6 7 8 33 Next
Same issue here. TWC in WNY.
TWC in NH, same problems, freeze on load screens and instance DC's. Also quakelive is nearly unplayable 90% of the time on TWC.
For what it matters i'm still having this issue: Time Warner Cable Kansas City MO
Still having problems with loading screens. TWC Roadrunner , Kansas City, Missouri
TWC Albany NY

same issues for a month
I have the exact same issues and im using Time-Warner Cable, Kansas City Missouri....To be honest its making Dunegons, BG's, and Arena's sometimes impossible and frustrating to the point to where sometimes I just dont want to play. With there being reports from TWC customers in so many different states I wonder if TWC is throttling the bandwidth back a little. Can a Blue poster give a brief summary of what happens when we switch to a BG and or instances, does it make connections to a different server, ect? Also if we drop packets how does that affect the loading of and into instances?

Im just trying to brainstorm for ideas on a root cause, not trying to step on anyone's toes.

Thanks...
Just got frozen at ANOTHER load screen, its been like 12 days now, pugs are getting mad at me for not running back, and when i do run back, i get a froze nload screen, this group, i was gone literally like 30 seconds and they booted me.....thanks a lot blizzard for not fixing this sooner...

Upstate ny, TWC.....yay

BLizzard, you guys should AT LEAST give me the justice points that i miss out on for getting these freeze screens, making getting gear near impossible.....
Fix!!!
This happened repetedly to me at the beginning of my playtime last night around 19:30 server time. Eventually it sorted itself out however I am not convinced the issue is fixed yet. Two more changes I made last night:

1. Disabled Archy as it appears to have a memory leak.
2. Disabled my motherboard's onboard NIC (nvidia) and plugged back into a PCI NIC in my system.
Ahhh yes I have the same issues.. TWC in Maine btw.

and my post about it

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1764411970
Same exact thing happens to me.
My roommate who has a completely different system than me is also having this issue. Now before you say it could be our router a gentleman we work with also is having this issue.

We are all from Central New York and have TWC
01/01/2011 6:05 PMPosted by Elwara
I believe that this is probably related to the 'Hanging at load bar at log on' issue, but it is possible that they do not have the same root cause. If you prefer having your own thread for this issue, you can use this one to post info, but please do not post here if you are unable to log on to the game, at all. That will make data collection much more difficult.

Is there a sticky already related to the 'Hanging at load bar at log on' issue or could you please point out where we can find further information on how to solve or what work is being done to solve this issue?

For me, the issue is certainly hit or miss but always the same symptoms. First of all there is no lag experienced in game at all. Whenever a loading screen comes up between continents or a dungeon there is a good chance (50%+) the load bar will fill up to 100% but I will remain at the loading screen. My guildmates say that I am in the zone and doing idle animations. I can hear the music for the zone. This can happen on initial login after a complete exit from the client as well as after a clean reboot of the system. It will also occur while switching toons. The worst, however, is switching from Azeroth content to a dungeon and vice-versa. This makes releasing and running back in a crap shoot.

Once the bar reaches full I can either wait approximately 2 minutes to be disconnected or am forced to close WoW

My hunch is that this is somehow related to interim patch information. 100% of the time if I experience this issue, close WoW, and start up the launcher it says it is applying non-critical updates. If I wait for everything to apply the game functions fine until the next set of non-critical updates is made available. I tested this out by logging out and logging in repeatedly and changing zones while "World of Warcraft is up to date." At this point I will not start WoW until I see the "World of Warcraft is up to date" message yet there appears to be something to apply every 1-2 hours.

The hanging at load bar on logon thread is here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1406222523?page=1

This thread is for people able to log on fine, but who get hung at the load bar when zoning into instances or battlegrounds.

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes.
Like the post? Comments or suggestions? Submit a survey here, please - http://www.surveymk.com/s/RMW9Y6X
01/03/2011 3:10 PMPosted by Kidrista

I'd keep going but I think it's pretty obvious where I'm going with this, almost all the users who have the same symptoms are tied to the Chicago Servers. I'm pretty sure that the few that aren't are posting in the wrong thread because they think their case is similar somehow.

While that is an interesting observation, I would like to point out that I am having the same instance/zone loading screen issues as some of the posters in this thread per my post here a couple of pages back, but my issues started at the start of 4.0.1 on an LA data center server. I am now on a New York data center server. So the problem does not directly linked to Chicago data center servers.
01/03/2011 3:10 PMPosted by Kidrista
Bump for the thread that most accurately describes the problem I have been having since the release of cataclysm. I do not have login hangs/disconnects, I do not have random DC's with no lag, I am always able to log in to a character from a fresh restart of WoW.

Also
Realm: Kargath
Battlegroup: Vindication (since I seem to be connecting to other realm servers in the battlegroup during LFD groups)

Thread participants by battlegroup and Datacenter
Anikandi - Vindication - Chicago
Preskool - Rampage - Chicago
Baean - Ruin - Chicago
Andara* - Whirlwind - Phoenix
    (*Symptoms do not match thread context, describes load disconnects between zones, i.e. tram; total of 3 times, this thread is for LFD/BG loading screen hangs/DC's, I run upwards of 3 times a day)

Nezzaku - Vindication - Chicago
Zyndy* - Emberstorm - Phoenix
    (*Wrong thread, user cannot logon at all)

Eiluria -- Trolling
Vodkuh - Vindication - Chicago
Carpecervisi - Rampage - Chicago
Failbait - Bloodlust - LA
    (says "very similar"; only the last couple days and ties it to a lowerping service /shrug)

Anario - Rampage - Chicago
Biohazard* - Rampage - Chicago
    (Wrong thread; user cannot log on at all)

Gentle - Shadowburn - Chicago
Cinnabons - Vindication - Chicago
Dominor - Rampage - Chicago
    "Bump... I've been experiencing this exact issue since Cata launched.
    Not shortly before.
    Not shortly after.
    Midnight, launch day" - this is the thread

Cloud - Shadowburn - Chicago
LopSop - Vindication - Chicago
Goatsy* - Vindication - Chicago
    (* Wrong thread, cannot log on to one character)

Awlnatural* - Cyclone - LA
    (*wrong thread I think "arbitrarily DC while playing" )

Krotus - Ruin - Chicago
    (Not sure about this one)

Killrog - Bloodlust - LA
Gotyerback - Cyclone - LA
    I think he's talking about general loading not random dungeons

Bonechewer* - Reckoning - LA
    (*Wrong thread, can't log on to a single character)

Kanterson* - Shadowburn - Chicago
    (*I can't tell he quotes the sticky, but the sticky doesn't match the symptoms)

Baffledz - Vindication - Chicago
Astareth* -
    (*Wrong thread, user cannot log on at all)

Devany - Vindication - Chicago
    Not sure

Neofalcon - Rampage - Chicago
Sibrina - Vindication - Chicago
Mec - Shadowburn - Chicago
Shadowstryke - Ruin - Chicago
Orf - Nightfall - NY
Uthor - Rampage - Chicago
Tigerlilly - Vindication - Chicago
    Not sure

Sonofsab - Bloodlust - LA
    Not sure

Auren - Ruin - Chicago
Elwara - Vindicatio - Chicago
    Not sure

Ohlreic - Ruin - Chicago

I'd keep going but I think it's pretty obvious where I'm going with this, almost all the users who have the same symptoms are tied to the Chicago Servers. I'm pretty sure that the few that aren't are posting in the wrong thread because they think their case is similar somehow.

This is about as enlightening a response as I've seen so far.

Add; Qbert - Ruin - Chicago
God I hate Chicago.
Same issue, Rochester, NY - Time Warner Cable (It also happened when I was in Syracuse for the holidays playing on my parents' computer, they also use Time Warner).

I wonder if this issue is linked to the lag out / disconnects in Arena matches that have been plaguing me as well.

Nearly every arena match, all participants end up running in place on my screen, indicating that information is not being sent to me properly. However, I am sending information to the server without issue; my teammates can see me running around and casting spells, but I have to rely on them to tell me which direction to face and whatever else is going on. This is ridiculously frustrating, and making it impossible to participate in Arenas (which is the only reason I started playing Cata).

Like 20 people in Central NY using Time Warner Cable playing on a Chicago datacenter listed in this thread alone... what more info do you need?

As Blizzard knows very well, for every one person posting here there are hundreds or even thousands having the same issue who haven't posted.
Bump for the thread that most accurately describes the problem I have been having since the release of cataclysm. I do not have login hangs/disconnects, I do not have random DC's with no lag, I am always able to log in to a character from a fresh restart of WoW.

Neofalcon - Rampage - Chicago
Sibrina - Vindication - Chicago
Mec - Shadowburn - Chicago
Shadowstryke - Ruin - Chicago
Orf - Nightfall - NY
Uthor - Rampage - Chicago
Tigerlilly - Vindication - Chicago
    Not sure

Sonofsab - Bloodlust - LA
    Not sure

Auren - Ruin - Chicago
Elwara - Vindicatio - Chicago
    Not sure

Ohlreic - Ruin - Chicago

Suramar is in the LA datacenter and I'm having the exact issue as the op. Login fine can play with no lag or dcs. But once I start doing dungeons it's about a 50% chance or worse that I'll hang at 100% when releasing or zoning back in to the dungeon. So I don't think it's just a problem located with the Chicago datacenter.
01/03/2011 12:55 PMPosted by Hannarks
Yup! Whenever I choose a character and click log in, the loading bar (with the fancy pictures and such) comes up. The bar then gets to full, stays there, and will not load up wow - then I have to ctrl + alt + delete out. This has been happening to me since I came back to WoW 5 days ago. Will take me anywhere from 15-45 attempts to log-in before it gets me past the loading screen. Kinda... Kinda remembering why I quit the first time...

Comcast cable. Lakeville, MA.

Tried EVERYTHING you have suggested.

Sorry this is not Log in problem, that's a different thread. We can log into the game and play normally but the problem is when we zone in/out to/from dungeons, BG, arenas, etc and the loading screen appear again.
My issue is with when I zone into instances, bg's, and ECT. I can login correctly, i can play framerate and latency is great, just when i go to load into and out of instances. Is there something we can call our ISP about to help you guys out a little?