Holy Paladins Pos-nerf... How u doing?

Paladin
12/19/2010 7:41 PMPosted by Badnamed

When there's no option besides randoms I do archeology now...

http://www.cad-comic.com/cad/
My question was more on a fun perspective... Is it enjoyable? For instance, I don't really like to log to get insulted by DPS that think black/green/red/something spot on the ground is a buff. That I need to heal him through it...

This is not the healer's job to fix. As soon as you guys get it through your head that you are not intended to be able to heal Stupid, you'll enjoy the game more. DPS taking damage is usually the fault of the DPS. If you overgear the dungeon, you might be able to handle that; in general, you probably won't. That doesn't make it your fault.

To say that you're not having fun because you can't make up for the deficiencies of bad play is stupid. I would say that it was stupid for healers to be able to make up for bad players in past expansions; every player needs to share accountability for survival.

So many healers seem to be upset because they can't drag terrible pugs through difficult content by the sheer overpowered virtuosity of their healing spells. I fail to see how a game where you can do that is better.
I'm not even gonna take the time to read all the posts. Don't really care what they all say, my opinion's the same. I agree with the first post completely. Healing heroics is beyond stressful. Even when I run with my guild and we all know what we're doing, we often wipe because of the aoe damage. Now that healing has been reduced so low compared to people's health bars you have to spam a ton of heals just to top them off, which costs a lot of mana. Right now I'm worried that my guild will find someone else to heal for their raids simply because I can't seem to pull it off half the time. That's not something I want to be worried about as I'm healing my balls off in heroics.
I can't snack and heal anymore but all in all I'm having fun with it. I was very worried going into it when I had read how horrrrrible it was but just pay attention and think your heals through and its not bad at all.
Hey folks... Heroics are stressful... period. Bliz made them a challenge for everyone. As upset as I am with the Holy changes, things will get better with gear. Did you really want to keep spamming Holy Light for another couple years? All healer classes suck right now. Get into the challenge.

And just say no to pugs that would boot you. Make some friends. Grab 4 guildmates you can trust.
12/19/2010 8:15 PMPosted by Aani
Still OP

This times a million.
Pretty hard for any paladins to complain because we are still pretty far ahead of any other healer.
The nerf was annoying, but not game breaking.

Still doin' fine.

Whoever said Holy Light spam is still the way to go.... OK, you keep on with that. I'll stick with my HoPo-generating divine lights, and never going oom...
12/22/2010 6:49 AMPosted by Sultara
I'm not even gonna take the time to read all the posts. Don't really care what they all say, my opinion's the same. I agree with the first post completely. Healing heroics is beyond stressful. Even when I run with my guild and we all know what we're doing, we often wipe because of the aoe damage. Now that healing has been reduced so low compared to people's health bars you have to spam a ton of heals just to top them off, which costs a lot of mana. Right now I'm worried that my guild will find someone else to heal for their raids simply because I can't seem to pull it off half the time. That's not something I want to be worried about as I'm healing my balls off in heroics.

Its your gear bro. Still in greens, no enchants, thats a ton of your problem. You should run some regulars, get some rep to replace those greens, buy some enchants, get a belt buckle, lots of easy room for improvement.
The nerf did hurt, but I think a lot of the issue I have seen is simply under-geared people thinking they can mow down content. You still need to gem, enchant, belt-buckle, all that on your gear, which should not be green in heroics.

The other thing I would say is that its also about knowing mechanics, to save yourself stress. A couple examples:
1. Baron Ashbury in SFK (1st boss), there is no point in keeping anyone but the tank above 50% life as he will just knock it down anyways. Just keep everyone cleansed, keep the tank (and yourself) and a good amount of HP, with the dps not dead. after stay of execution, heal them back to 50% and then focus on tank.
2. 1st boss in Vortex Pinnacle, you KNOW the tornado's are coming in to AoE the poo out of your 5man, so make sure you have everyone topped off before they come in, and have Wings/HR ready to go, and I always try to keep a 3hp LoD ready for that as well.

Around ilvl 330-335 I had tons of trouble, had to use pots, had to be innervated, but with proper gear and mechanics i never go oom anymore. not trying to boast, but just tired of people qq'ing about how they cant heal heroics in green gear with no enchants.

also, eat food! free extra 90 int, or 90 spirit for 30min, food is win.
Usually on SFK pugs have no clue what to do on the 1st and 3rd boss

^ this. I left a group because they didn't kill adds, and they stood in the purple cone-of-death...

"WHURS TEH HEALS BRAH!?!?!"

"Can't heal stupid, sorry"

Tyraeli has left the group
Haha I'm leveling/pvp with shockadin as well. No need to keep 2 gear sets, its the way to go if your main spec is holy/heal. Every bg I do top heals every time and usually top 5 dps with shockadin. This is my first healer and I'm loving it. I seem to have the least problems when the tank is also pally.
I did a grand total of 2 normals before starting heroics with guildies. I do not envy people who have to use dungeon finder.

The first few heroics were tough, especially when AoE healing was needed, I always run with a shadow priest so while i was gearing up if we needed a little boost in healing he would help out for 1/3 of the fight or so.

I think i have pvp gear equipped atm, but I'm in all blues the majority of them are from heroics for my healing set. Most heroics are pretty much a joke now, granted I always run with guildies and they know not to do bad things. Only a few bosses give me trouble now and its no surprise that its the ones that require AoE healing and to a lesser degree AoE damage as we usually don't have a lot of that, worgen(riptide?) in deadmines is one of those. We did tol'vir last night with no CC what so ever and just facerolled the whole thing.

Use your judgement(i use power auras to tell me when its off CD) every time its up, avoid FoL at all costs, don't neglect your ancient king guy(double heals for 30 seconds, so OP). DL tank, shock and WoG dps. Honestly after you get some blue drops its really quite easy.