Please for Advice on CC

Paladin
How do I tank around CCed targets? I'm absolutely terrible about it, I seem to exude AoE out of every pore. How can I make pulls more manageable? So many ranged and caster mobs! *sobs in a corner*
Control your pulls. LoS. AS won't hit CC'ed targets, use it in melee range and backpedal 5-8 yards if you think CC'ed mobs are going to be hit by HotR, Cons, or HW. In fact, try to keep a 15-20 yard buffer between yourself and CC'ed mobs, because while the furthest-ranged AE we have is ten, lag or desynchronization may occur and you'll hit a mob that you otherwise didn't think you would.

Even better, glyph for dazing shield. Mark your shield, instruct your DPS that you're going to AS and that they're to CC after the pull. Throw your shield at the CC targets and backpedal to where you'll be tanking the mobs, and unless someone screws up the CC targets will end up such during the daze duration, and with enough threat they'll come right to you as soon as CC is broken without needing a taunt or snap aggro. Note that does not work with sap; the rogue will still need to do that before you throw AS, though it will not target the sapped mob.
12/19/2010 11:09 PMPosted by Sarannah
Control your pulls. LoS. AS won't hit CC'ed targets, use it in melee range and backpedal 5-8 yards if you think CC'ed mobs are going to be hit by HotR, Cons, or HW. In fact, try to keep a 15-20 yard buffer between yourself and CC'ed mobs, because while the furthest-ranged AE we have is ten, lag or desynchronization may occur and you'll hit a mob that you otherwise didn't think you would.

Even better, glyph for dazing shield. Mark your shield, instruct your DPS that you're going to AS and that they're to CC after the pull. Throw your shield at the CC targets and backpedal to where you'll be tanking the mobs, and unless someone screws up the CC targets will end up such during the daze duration, and with enough threat they'll come right to you as soon as CC is broken without needing a taunt or snap aggro. Note that does not work with sap; the rogue will still need to do that before you throw AS, though it will not target the sapped mob.

Pretty much this, usually when I pull I make sure my shield hits any casters I am not cc'ing so they come right to me, and I have my cc'ers next to me when I pull.