PvP CC Chain Spam

Battlegrounds
Trinket, Grounding/Tremor Totem and Wind Shear are all your good pals. You should get re-acquainted with them. ;)

It's been at least a few months since the last time I dropped a tremor totem and it actually worked.
Sounds like OP wants to be playing Warhammer Online.

Their game may have tanked, but their idea on CC was spot on.
The CC in WoW always brings me back to a simple game design principle: is the anti-fun generated by the mechanic greater than the fun generated by the mechanic. The answer is overwhelmingly yes.

Someone in the thread mentioned that the goal of WoW PvP is to deny your opponent the ability to fight instead of outfighting them. It's unfortunately true, and again, really not fun for either side. Do I get a sense of accomplishment when I kill a target that doesn't move and I just shred away for 15 seconds? No. And the guy getting killed is obviously having very little fun. Loss of character control will always be a crap mechanic for the receiving player. The fact that it can last as long as 20-30 seconds (with disables from a couple toons) is just absurd.

To all the people saying the equivalent to "get cleansed bro," players don't always have a cleanse nearby, and suggesting they should get one doesn't at all address the problem. Nerf the CCs, and nerf cleanse with them so it doesn't get to the point that you can't lock that warrior down.

A GDR would be awesome, but I'd also love to see some system where CC breaks when you take some percentage of your health in damage - let's say 10 percent for the sake of argument. You get stunned, as soon as your health is reduced by 10 percent of it's max, the CC breaks and you become immune for X amount of time. I say reduced because heals could prolong it - this would hopefully remind people to kill the damn healer. Fights would have so much more back and forth and be infinitely more interesting. It would also rightly encourage people to use CCs against their off-target for spell interrupts. Put that kind of system with a GDR and PvP is instantly more interesting. You'd probably have to move the damage/healing slider a bit, but any change would require some across the board tweaking.
I totally agree with what Gravis is saying. The CC's in this game are retarded there's no other way to put it. All I have to do is hit someone with Throwdown and their pretty much boned.
I don't believe it.Failliance quite frankly well...fails. They couldn't of had the coordination required for this.
He wasn't outplayed.

His entire team was outplayed.
12/21/2010 7:34 PMPosted by Magnetronic
Outplayed.
sure, remove CCs but then you can remove the OP heals that outheal 80k dmg in 3 secs of casting that took you 2 mins to burn down
12/21/2010 7:24 PMPosted by Krytstayne
So, I stood in the middle of Twin Peaks for about 3 min, completely incapacitated while the other team killed everyone when I could not heal them.

Sheep..wears off then cyclone...wears off then stun...wears off then frozen..wears off then hex...wears off then Sheep..wears off then cyclone...wears off then stun...wears off then frozen..wears off then hex...wears off then Sheep..wears off then cyclone...wears off then stun...wears off then frozen..wears off then hex...wears off then Sheep...rinse and repeat

WTB global dimm return on ccs, or at least a grace period in between when you cant be.

sounds like a pro team to me
all hunters CC's can be broke with damage or other means. why aren't other classes the same. yes they need to be fixed. plus we get a long CD on these CC's.
i agree totally with this. i don't think i do particularly bad in pvp (this is random bg style pvp), but i've never spent close to this % of my time cc'd. it really is fun sucking to sit there and not cast anything for so much of my time.

like, this last bg i was in, i just literally lost interest in continuing during it. every single fight i was in was vs a mage or rogue (or druid), and they just cc'd me until another mage or rogue came, and with two of them there i'm locked up indefinitely. i've never felt bored during a bg before, like i just didn't even care about going out and fighting again. it's a shame really. i still do have fun during the bg's where i can hide and turret though.
I also think CC is out of control. I think 2 easy fixes.

1) PvP trinket should work on everything. Silence, spell school lockout, etc.
2) PvP trinket should give you the on-equip benifit of: While trinket is on cooldown.. Granted immunity to all CC immediately upon CC ending after full duration for 3 seconds.

If you already trinketed, and get CCed for the full duration; 3 free seconds to take some action before you get CCed again. I am just saying to attach the ability to never get chain CCed to the PvP trinket. 3 seconds (2 gcd) is enough to get a charge off and attack someone. Or to attempt your own CC. Get 1 cast of most spells.
12/22/2010 9:36 AMPosted by Kratier
sure, remove CCs but then you can remove the OP heals that outheal 80k dmg in 3 secs of casting that took you 2 mins to burn down

Obviously addressing the CC issue will require rebalancing other aspects of the game. The point is, losing control of your character for long periods of time is not fun.

No one is saying they should be able to win a 1v5.

Obviously the OP was subjected to a coordinated attack, but should a coordinated attack mean you don't get to play?
Agree, CC is out of control and has made PVP alot less fun. To much time not having control of your character and not enough actual playing.
10 minutes battleground means at least 4 minutes of Zero control of your character. lol
12/22/2010 10:27 AMPosted by Solweaver

Obviously the OP was subjected to a coordinated attack, but should a coordinated attack mean you don't get to play?

if your help isn't countering said attacking with dispels then yes, they shouldn't get to play.

Read above. It's entirely plausible that you won't have people with you that can dispel or know how to dispel quickly. Individual players need more options for keeping them in the game. That's the point here.