I hate barrage soooo much

General Discussion
Im tired of wiping due to hunters pulling obscene amounts of trash with it. In fact its the only thing that wipes me anymore. Have it so it only attacks things in combat. Or like druids have guided stars glyph have it so its reduced radius to only be on the target. After gearing 6 tanks to solo elegon they are the only class that i actually cringe when i see them in an instance.

In short barrage is just dumb and the MAJORITY of the hunter class cant figure out how to use it ...fix it please. It should not pull things that are not in combat.
One wrong tab is all it takes and that pack of orcs and wolves in the far corner of the room will be pulled.
Hunters using Barrage are doing it wrong. Glaive Toss is higher DPS on single target boss fights and it's not worth it to change just for trash.
01/16/2015 09:07 PMPosted by Dentonath
There HAS to be specific hunter mechanics that can wipe a group if the player derps on them. It's like a tradition of WoW.

This IS true.

However, it seems like an ability that should be smart cast. Like the player's character should be choosing targets since each projectile seems to be individually shot.

Paladin's Avenger's Shield doesn't break CC or target critters, not sure why Barrage should be different since it's not targeting a location, it's being fired by the character.
01/16/2015 09:10 PMPosted by Bearmug
Hunters using Barrage are doing it wrong. Glaive Toss is higher DPS on single target boss fights and it's not worth it to change just for trash.

Single target isn't exactly a common theme in Highmaul. Just about every fight besides Butcher has sustained multiple targets.

Funny, my dps as a hunter is actually pretty good for just hitting 100 and the last time i looked which was just a few days ago, even icy veins says that Barrage is over all the best one to use. However, unlike most, I only use it when I know it safe and won't pull the whole place.
01/16/2015 09:13 PMPosted by Sayne

Single target isn't exactly a common theme in Highmaul. Just about every fight besides Butcher has sustained multiple targets.

you forget the twins and kargath... unless they do spawn adds outside of raid finder...
01/16/2015 09:14 PMPosted by Cylla
Funny, my dps as a hunter is actually pretty good for just hitting 100 and the last time i looked which was just a few days ago, even icy veins says that Barrage is over all the best one to use. However, unlike most, I only use it when I know it safe and won't pull the whole place.

Yup, this...I'd love to be able to use it, but doing so is nearly impossible much of the time. i just went back to Glaive, because Barrage is so annoying to use.
01/16/2015 09:18 PMPosted by Autrah

you forget the twins and kargath... unless they do spawn adds outside of raid finder...

Twins. Single target. Twins. Single target. Twins.
01/16/2015 08:59 PMPosted by Rohan
In short barrage is just dumb and the MAJORITY of the hunter class cant figure out how to use it

(a) I'd like to see volley brought back and have it so you can target it over a specific area (can't remember if it was like that before. Been awhile.)

(b) Yes..there are some bad hunters. But there are bad mages, warlocks, warriors, rogues, etc. too. To be perfectly fair and honest, the hunter class has quite a bit more room for simple error than a lot of other classes. For one thing, it's a pet class. At low levels in places like Gnomer I see frost mages, warlocks and hunters all pulling mass mobs due to forgetting to dismiss pets before jumping down. This is not unique to only hunters.

Hunters also get things like disengage and sometimes it can punt you a little too close to other mobs, causing them to aggro. We all know how tab targeting fails rather often, and with hunters having insta-auto attack, I can see how they might pull more easily than, say, a caster class. For a hunter it's dangerous to be targeted on anything that the tank hasn't pulled yet because the risk of an arrow/bullet going off is fairly high. Much later, we have barrage and....we've seen how it can be.

So many times on the forums I see people ask what the easiest class would be for a new/returning player, and the community always suggests hunter. Then said community whines later when they see hunters being what they call "huntards." The hunter class is not difficult, but it does have a large margin for basic human error. More room than most other classes. Yes, players can become more aware and work on being diligent about lessening the risk of personal error. But I do think a certain degree of forgiveness is in order as well. The reason we see so many hunters making mistakes is because mistakes are easy to make on them, especially for less experienced players.
01/16/2015 09:19 PMPosted by Caradin
01/16/2015 09:14 PMPosted by Cylla

Yup, this...I'd love to be able to use it, but doing so is nearly impossible much of the time. i just went back to Glaive, because Barrage is so annoying to use.

That it is and something you have to be very aware of everything around you before using. I think it a good skill, but only in the hands of those who are careful. I suppose I could go back to Glaive just to see if it boost my dps from where it is now and if not, just go back to Barrage.
barrage damn near targets every thing in a 180 degree angle, what they need to do is make it a more narrow line it sprays the barrage.
I have a hunter and used barrage for a while. It is all about the positioning. Whenever I went to cast barrage I made sure that I wouldn't pull other targets by simply walking around the mob the tank pulled and then cast barrage. However, I know this might be too much for some hunters to do lol..
I take barrage because I like living on the edge.

Nah but I am super wary about using it in dungeons, and if by chance I do misclick I always apologize profusely.
I know how to use barrage. Its called picking glaive toss instead.
01/16/2015 09:18 PMPosted by Autrah

1) Says Twins, thinks it is single target
2) Haven't done arena stand duty have you?
01/16/2015 09:29 PMPosted by Hamstar
I know how to use barrage. Its called picking glaive toss instead.

haha nah, that just called taking the easy way out :P j/k
01/16/2015 09:25 PMPosted by Rellanna
barrage damn near targets every thing in a 180 degree angle, what they need to do is make it a more narrow line it sprays the barrage.

It's not just 180 degrees on a plane in front of you, it's a full 1/4 sphere area in the direction you're facing. I can sort of understand the scatter shot type of ranged weapon attack, but bullets leaving the muzzle of my weapon at a 90 degree angle straight up is completely ridiculous.
01/16/2015 09:22 PMPosted by Sayne

Twins. Single target. Twins. Single target. Twins.

01/16/2015 09:30 PMPosted by Irøh

1) Says Twins, thinks it is single target
2) Haven't done arena stand duty have you?

oh.. so everyone uses all their aoes on 2 targets. got it