Macros - What Every Player Needs to Know

UI and Macro
Prev 1 14 15 16
so what is wrong with these they does not work?

/castsequence [targetparty] ! Greater Blessing of Wisdom, Blessing of Kings

/castsequence [targetplayer] ! Greater Blessing of Wisdom, Blessing of Kings
Could be wrong but I think you need to specify a party member i.e. party1, party2. And instead of targetparty1 you need to put @party1 or target=party1 and include greater in both spells if they are both greater blessings.

Edit: Also, idk what the ! are in there for.. could be something I don't know about. But basically you want this:
#showtooltip
/castsequence [@party1,exists,nodead][] Greater Blessing of Kings, Greater Blessing of Wisdom
(PS inside the [] don't put spaces after the commas, outside of it, where the spells are listed, as well as after /castsequence, do put spaces after the commas)

But you would need to do that for each party member... And since you can only put blessings on one person you'd be better off just making a macro without a specified target, which would also be better in case you to buff 2 different targets. Otherwise you're going to have to make 4 macros and still have the buffs on hotkeys, for a total of 6 buttons used, unless you want to pull out your spellbook every time you wanna give someone a single buff. So really you just want this:
#showtooltip
/castsequence Greater Blessing of Kings, Greater Blessing of Wisdom

Seems almost pointless to do tho since you shouldn't be buffing mid fight anyways, so you shouldn't really need such a macro, except to save 1 space on your bar.
09/30/2018 11:41 AMPosted by Oldmanhunter
so what is wrong with these they does not work?

/castsequence [targetparty] ! Greater Blessing of Wisdom, Blessing of Kings

/castsequence [targetplayer] ! Greater Blessing of Wisdom, Blessing of Kings
Syntax for both macros is way off.

What are you trying to do?
Hi,

Im looking for help with the following macro:
#showtooltip Kill Command
/petattack
/cast [pet] Kill Command; Call Pet 1
/cast Claw(Basic Attack)
/cast Bite(Basic Attack)
/cast Smack(Basic Attack)

This works great , but instead of always calling my first pet.. id like to throw in the line below so that my call pet wont always be the same one.

/castrandom Call Pet 1, Call Pet 2, Call Pet 3, Call Pet 4, Call Pet 5

Is this possible?

Thank you
10/20/2018 11:54 AMPosted by Goathuntèr
Hi,

Im looking for help with the following macro:
#showtooltip Kill Command
/petattack
/cast [pet] Kill Command; Call Pet 1
/cast Claw(Basic Attack)
/cast Bite(Basic Attack)
/cast Smack(Basic Attack)

This works great , but instead of always calling my first pet.. id like to throw in the line below so that my call pet wont always be the same one.

/castrandom Call Pet 1, Call Pet 2, Call Pet 3, Call Pet 4, Call Pet 5

Is this possible?

Thank you
This normally can work, but /castrandom is bugged since 8.0.1 and doesn't actually work.

Your best bet is to use modifiers to do something like this:#showtooltip
/use [pet]Kill Command;[@pet,dead]Revive Pet;[mod:ctrlalt]Call Pet 5;[mod:alt]Call Pet 4;[mod:ctrl]Call Pet 3;[mod]Call Pet 2;Call Pet 1
I included Revive Pet for when your pet is dead. Additionally, you can omit the /cast Bite because those abilities can go on autocast and will fire immediately with your pet in range.
I am trying to get this Macro right and need help :p I dont REALLY understand the "macro" language well enough to write it but I am getting to where I can think it and read it.

I am a disc priest and what I want this macro key to do is target my target's target then cast spells in a sequence. Currently I have the macro successfully set up to cast in sequence if I have the mob targeted, but usually Ive got the tank targeted and need to cast damage on his target whenever he doesnt need a healing effect.

So here is what the macro I want to alter looks like right now...

#showtooltip Schism
/castsequence reset=24 !Schism, Shadow Word: Pain, Smite, Dispel Magic

and one of my other macros which works whenI have the tank on target are:

#showtooltip
/cast [@player,mod:alt][@targettarget,mod:ctrl,nodead][harm,nodead][]Penance

So how can I marry those up? And will the macro know that each spell in the sequence should be cast on the targets target?