Blackrock Foundry: Clarification/Known Issues

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
Over the course of Blackrock Foundry’s testing, we’ve made a handful of changes to encounter mechanics that are not currently being communicated in the Dungeon Journal. The Dungeon Journal will be updated with those changes in Patch 6.1, which is currently on the PTR, but we'd like to share those changes to minimize confusion.

Changes to the encounters that are already live, but not in the Dungeon Journal:
  • On The Blast Furnace encounter, Slag Pool is used on all difficulties; but the journal currently incorrectly suggests that it is Mythic only. In 6.1 the journal will accurately reflect that Slag Pool affects the Heart of the Mountain during Phase 2.
  • Hans’gar and Franzok’s Crippling Suplex ability no longer deals damage based on maximum health of the tank who was picked up. It deals a flat amount of Physical damage to both tanks who are thrown together. (200,000 damage on Raid Finder, 450,000 damage on Normal, 600,000 damage on Heroic, and 700,000 damage on Mythic)
  • Gruul will instantly regain 50 Rage if his Inferno Slice fails to hit at least 4 targets on Mythic difficulty.
  • Blackhand will regain energy after using Massive Shattering Smash if it fails to hit at least 4 targets.

Known issues that will be fixed in Patch 6.1:
  • When grabbed by Hans’gar or Franzok in advance of Crippling Suplex, tanks are currently unable to use abilities. They will be able to use abilities while grabbed in 6.1.
  • Flamebender Ka’graz’s Singe debuff currently appears as a dispellable magic debuff on unit frames. It is not intended to be dispellable; this display issue will be fixed in 6.1.
  •  

Edit 1: Added an additional note for Slag Pool during The Blast Furnace encounter.
Edit 2: Updated Crippling Suplex with new hotfixed values.
There's no way to get the Hans and Franz change in earlier? It makes it a lot more unforgiving for certain tanks to actually defend against this without a major cooldown or something as it is. I've heard bears getting one shot by this and my warrior co-tank didn't seem to take it too well either. Hoping for a change sooner rather than later.
Why is Gruul's Inferno slice not on this list. Please look at the scaling for smaller groups. I know that Fatboss even said something about it in their beta video but last night it was destroying my 12 man (geared) group. After looking at logs this morning. It is hitting smaller groups for a ton (at one point 100 more) than it was larger, equally geared, groups. I don't know if this has been looked at but I have not found much on it.
In normal and heroic during phase 2 of the Blast furnace fight the heart of the mountain gets the slag pool buff which lets him gain energy, but it is listed in the dungeon journal as a mythic only ability.
Being unable to pop a defensive CD for the Suplex is a bit messed up, are we supposed to just get killed on every Suplex until 6.1?
02/04/2015 02:07 PMPosted by Pumpkinpies
In normal and heroic during phase 2 of the Blast furnace fight the heart of the mountain gets the slag pool buff which lets him gain energy but it is listed in the dungeon journal as a mythic only ability.

I was wondering about this. There were a few pulls prior to the Volatile Fire hotfixes that we had where there was no fire or anything on the ground underneath the Heart in phase 2, so we could freely run through there to pick up adds or kite Slag Elementals to their destination. Since then, though, there is always fire on the ground and it's a bit annoying.
This needs to be fixed and it needs to be fixed today. You're basically telling people to deal with a completely broken mechanic until some indeterminate point in the future.

You should reduce the damage of Suplex until the 6.1 change goes into effect. Otherwise, any other tanks are just going to get obliterated.
Last night on Gruul, one of the raid groups I was in was having a weird issue where Gruul would do the slash attack during the middle of the petrification phase.

This is obviously an issue because you have to stack for the slash attack and spread out for the petrification phase.

What happened was that tank who was turning Gruul toward our stacking spot got killed because we were all spread out trying not to kill each other from the petrification AoE and the tank took all of the slash damage himself.

Is this an intended mechanic? Were we doing something wrong? Or was that a glitch?
Guardians won't be able to kill Mythic H&F until the "not being able to use stuff while grabbed" is fixed. Having a 0.5s window in which to use SI before 6.1 is completely unacceptable.
Since a lot of people can't seem to read.... The changes are already in the game, the dungeon journal can't be updated until 6.1.
Not sure if this is intended or not but on Blast Furnace phase 3 when you are dropping the debuff molten slag on the ground I could drop it into the cracks in the wall on the far end of the right room just behind the Operators. It basically canceled the effect out entirely.
02/04/2015 02:29 PMPosted by Emerys
Since a lot of people can't seem to read.... The changes are already in the game, the dungeon journal can't be updated until 6.1.

02/04/2015 01:35 PMPosted by Rygarius
Known issues that will be fixed in Patch 6.1:
When grabbed by Hans’gar or Franzok in advance of Crippling Suplex, tanks are currently unable to use abilities. They will be able to use abilities while grabbed in 6.1.
02/04/2015 02:17 PMPosted by Sniperstrike
What happened was that tank who was turning Gruul toward our stacking spot got killed because we were all spread out trying not to kill each other from the petrification AoE and the tank took all of the slash damage himself.

The hit box for this slash is gigantic, just make sure the people with petrify are running 8 yards away from others, but still in the general direction that Gruul will be facing when he slashes. We tank him right in the middle with 4 markers around him: North, south, east, and west.

East and West are the "stack" groups and for example, if I got petrify (I was on WEST) I would run backwards (farther west) towards the wall. I hope that makes sense.
02/04/2015 02:29 PMPosted by Emerys

Its not the dungeon journal changes that they made and didn't update for 6.1 that people are concerned about. Its the fixes that are being held until 6.1 that entirely gimp certain tank classes (thankfully mine comes out on the better end of this) and requires a lot of external cooldown investment that might be needed elsewhere in the fight to the point where you're probably just better off bringing a different tank class for Mythic.
They said the change is live, just the dungeon journal will be changed in 6.1
02/04/2015 06:01 PMPosted by Shadow
Aweee, are the "real raiders" having problems with the new raid that hurts their wittle fewelings?

Thought you heroes liked "challenge".

Yeah, we all knew better ;)

Literally all I'm getting from this is "I'm a clueless monkey, pls release my LFR faster so I can clear it three times and be done, PS I hate people that do harder content than me and blame them".

Why bother posting?

Besides that, if you had half a brain, you'd realize these are obviously unintended outcomes of tuning being remedied. Of course, you don't have to deal with that in LFR, and that's fine by me, but you shouldn't take out your "frustrations" by !@#$posting.
02/04/2015 02:15 PMPosted by Morrie
This needs to be fixed and it needs to be fixed today. You're basically telling people to deal with a completely broken mechanic until some indeterminate point in the future.

You should reduce the damage of Suplex until the 6.1 change goes into effect. Otherwise, any other tanks are just going to get obliterated.

Communicate with healers so they can use their mitigation abilities on the picked up tank. There is plenty of time between being picked up and being slammed to call it out. The other tank can use their personal CD. Not exactly rocket surgery.