Help Me Pick a Healer!

New Player Help and Guides
Prev 1 9 10 11 15 Next
05/12/2015 12:02 PMPosted by Kieromaris
05/12/2015 08:47 AMPosted by Waggles
How are shamans (or whatever class you play) similar to Jesus?

They had their place in history, and millions now dream on their second coming.

Not because they walk on water and rise from the dead?

That too.
05/12/2015 08:42 AMPosted by Waggles
so there's no such thing as shamen.

Or shaWomen.
This should really be sticked, thanks!
Dear Blizzard,

You suck.
Recently started playing again and was wondering which way to go in healing. I've read a ton of info, but this was the most helpful thread I have found. Just wanted to say thanks! I haven't played since the very beginning of MoP, so I'm curious about where shaman and priest have evolved. Appreciate this insight!
I am glad it helped, and welcome back to the world of healing!
05/17/2015 09:50 AMPosted by Aisó
Dear Blizzard,

You suck.

I know right

I have no idea why haven't the CMs been fired yet. It's like a professor going and saying "you know that class? I'm not gonna teach it. The students should take care of themselves."

It makes the company look really unprofessional.
What healing class can hold its own? PvP and pve. I want to do healing but it's kinda hard when you have to worry about yourself getting destroyed.
Paladins are the "tankiest" of the healing specs, once you get comfortable with your CDs. They are also strong in both PvE and PvP, and look like they are only getting buffed in the next patch. I would recommend trying one of those and seeing how you like it.
Alright thanks. I already have one at level 19. But so far I'm not liking the holy power heals thing. Might get better so I'll keep on trying it for a while. The shaman seems to be pretty interesting I have it at 26 But defending myself with the lightning bolt spell seems to take a while
My Alt Holy Paladin has reached BC content and rolling along. Turned out it was a good choice. :)
I started normal raiding (Highmaul) on my druid, and I've noticed I do run OOM faster than on my Holy Priest, who's only a couple of ilvls ahead. This is normal for resto druids, right? What's the trade-off for it? I do miss Mindbender. :(
Druids do have the worst mana efficiency in the game right now. The solution, at least until you overgear things, sounds counterintuitive, but it is to Rejuve less. That tends to be the biggest mana hog we have right now, so if someone is above 80% health, there is a good chance one of the other healers will top them off quickly, forcing a Rejuve to go mostly to overheal. Try not to Rejuve anyone and anything that is only missing a sliver of health, and it should make things a lot easier on you, especially on long fights such as Imperator.
It fell off the first page....
I will be updating this for 6.2, given the changes such as losing Aspect of the Fox. If anyone knows of any changes that would affect the descriptions, please let me know!
06/15/2015 07:18 AMPosted by Pipikaula
I will be updating this for 6.2, given the changes such as losing Aspect of the Fox. If anyone knows of any changes that would affect the descriptions, please let me know!

Tranq on high movement phases?
I like this thread.
Also losing Amp Magic but that doesn't affect us directly.

Otherwise Disc and holy are staying the same. /sad face
Obligatory daily bump against the forum rules but who cares pls sticky.

Also mention how amazing it is that Devo is now the best raid CD ever.
06/15/2015 07:43 AMPosted by Sengis
06/15/2015 07:18 AMPosted by Pipikaula

Tranq on high movement phases?

BoP will still work in many circumstances, although with the buff to Devo, dual Pallys will be even more desirable so throughput healers will once again have to fight hard for their spot.