Hans and Franz - motion sickness

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
1 2 3 6 Next
I have never experienced motion sickness before (from games, roller coasters, airplanes, etc), but after one attempt on this boss I was crosseyed, had a headache, and was about to vomit. As soon as the conveyor belts start moving, it doesn't actually look like the belts move - it looks like the rest of the room is moving, which is REALLY disorienting.

Is there any way to turn off the conveyor belt graphics on this fight? Anyone have any other good ideas?
I actually get headaches doing it too.
I felt the same. I was disoriented doing the fight and afterwards I was actually quite dizzy. We moved to the next room to kill trash where there were more conveyor belts and I had to stop playing for a bit. I have never felt dizzy playing a video game before.
Several others in my raid mentioned similar experiences as me
I believe Blizzard should be notified more directly about this, specially since it seems to be a recurrent problem.

Please, send them a ticket or a sugestion.
02/04/2015 11:26 PMPosted by Sengis
I believe Blizzard should be notified more directly about this, specially since it seems to be a recurrent problem.

I have intense motion sickness and I pretty much could barely do this fight without feeling like puking. I had the same problem on beta and brought it up in a feedback thread for the boss.

As for right now I'm looking for a way to lessen the motion sickness. A target reticle thing could work and I could easily make one with weakauras but it did little for me when playing Mirror's Edge, so..
That's messed up :/
02/04/2015 11:47 PMPosted by Tsurupettan
02/04/2015 11:26 PMPosted by Sengis

I have intense motion sickness and I pretty much could barely do this fight without feeling like puking. I had the same problem on beta and brought it up in a feedback thread for the boss.

As for right now I'm looking for a way to lessen the motion sickness. A target reticle thing could work and I could easily make one with weakauras but it did little for me when playing Mirror's Edge, so..
O posted a link to this thread and one on mmo-champ in the general section. Hopefully with one here and one in general this gets some attention.

I can defiantly see them ignoring beta feedback, since that is what they do most of the time anyway. I mean, they had a whole thread about the "help us optimize flight paths" back then. I just hope they pay attention now that Millions rather then a few thousand are going to see this fight. The amount of reports should sky rocket.
02/04/2015 11:58 PMPosted by Ziruya
O posted a link to this thread and one on mmo-champ in the general section. Hopefully with one here and one in general this gets some attention.

I can defiantly see them ignoring beta feedback, since that is what they do most of the time anyway. I mean, they had a whole thread about the "help us optimize flight paths" back then. I just hope they pay attention now that Millions rather then a few thousand are going to see this fight. The amount of reports should sky rocket.
I had the same problem in Grimrail with motion sickness and gave feedback on that. Something happened to that instance that it doesn't bother me as much anymore but I don't know what it was.
I was more disappointed it was such an easy fight. I feel like I could have played with my eyes closed half the time and we still would have one shot it on heroic. I mean seriously that fight was stupid easy. It felt like a trash mini boss.
02/05/2015 12:37 AMPosted by Onslaht
just because you people have defective brains doesnt mean you should ruin the fun for the rest of us, this fight is super fun

also the problem is most likely just in your head like when people say they have peanut allergies.

What part of an option to turn off the conveyor belt graphics would ruin the fun for you? There are obvious ways to fix this without changing the fight. And without calling those prone to motion sickness "defective".
02/05/2015 12:37 AMPosted by Onslaht
just because you people have defective brains doesnt mean you should ruin the fun for the rest of us, this fight is super fun

also the problem is most likely just in your head like when people say they have peanut allergies.

obvious troll is too obvious, peanut part just gave it away
Blizzard should've put a trigger warning in for that fight.
Maybe they can tie it into projected textures so its possible to turn it off if needed, I didn't have any issues personally but one of our guildies was feeling physically sick during the fight and that was with only 1 attempt, if we wiped it would have been a fairly big issue for him.

It would be possible to get rid of the effect client side via model-editing but its against the EULA :/
https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/ingame-and-forum-conduct

Severe Violations

Real-Life Information and Threats
Threatening someone with real-life violence or harm.

We will not tolerate real-life threats or distribution of personal information in our games. We apply severe penalties in these cases and engage local law enforcement to ensure the safety of all parties involved.

This is a conflict of players well-being? but is it classified as real life or no?
02/05/2015 04:37 AMPosted by Skidward
https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/ingame-and-forum-conduct

Severe Violations

Real-Life Information and Threats
Threatening someone with real-life violence or harm.

We will not tolerate real-life threats or distribution of personal information in our games. We apply severe penalties in these cases and engage local law enforcement to ensure the safety of all parties involved.

This is a conflict of players well-being? but is it classified as real life or no?

Don't agree with what they posted, but it's definitely not a threat of real-life violence or harm.

Just use the report button and move on.
Yeah, I've never gotten motion sickness from a video game before but Hanz and Franz definitely delivers in that department. Unfortunately it is a pretty important part of the fight and I'm not sure theres a way to fix it.
Wow, pretty strange that so many people without history of motion sickness are having this issue. Weird.
I know when it started it felt very weird for me but that faded in like 2 seconds. I just sat in between the belts and didn't move much after testing a few things on it. Maybe if you aren't moving it wont be as bad.
02/05/2015 07:14 AMPosted by Notdev
Wow, pretty strange that so many people without history of motion sickness are having this issue. Weird.

Been flying since before I could walk and have been on boats varying between rowboat to cruise ship size.Never ever suffered from the same disorientation and queasy stomach that I experienced tonight.

And thats including choppy sea's...........