Feral - The worst melee in PVE?

Druid
I want to know what you guys think. It appears at Mythic levels, which I personally am geared for. I am noticing we are not scaling as well as the other melee. This is purely from my experience and that is why I've posted this. I truly believe it largely has to do with the lack of AOE/Cleave that we have, which seems so pathetic it's almost non-existent. Any opinions? What do you guys think of Feral's scaling in PVE Past the iLvL 665+ range, compared to ALL other melee classes? Are we the worst? Thanks.
my aoe is severely lacking but I do killer damage on 2-3 targets
The problem seems two fold to me - yeah our AoE/Cleave is atrocious (costs too much energy with thrash for not enough output, or takes too much attention to manage tab-rake for not enough output).

The other problem I see is that we just don't seem to scale as well with secondary stats (this extends into the "nothing is really itemized for us until BRF" territory). It just feels like we don't get enough benefit from Mastery or Haste - meaning Mastery doesn't feel like it boosts bleeds by enough, and stacking Haste really doesn't fix our energy starvation issues in the slightest.

Our burst is fine; the first 15-30 seconds of any given fight and I'll be on top of (or within the top 5) on the meters. As soon as Zerk & Inc drop though, we just don't have enough sustained output to hang on to the spot; and by the time both would come back up we're so far behind the others that there's no real rebounding.
Feral damage is fine right now. We aren't really being rewarded for our rotation in Highmaul, but that will change in BRF.

Like Adramelk said, the stats in Highmaul are horrible. I don't know about you guys, but I have more Haste then I do any other stat; Which really sucks because we get almost twice as much value from Crit/Multistrike then we do from Haste. Luckily, most of the gear in BRF has the stats we want.

As for our aoe (3+ mobs) goes, yes it does suck right now, but that should change when we get our two piece. In Beta our aoe was comparable to the other classes.

All of that being said, I would still really like some sort of ability that would let us swap our bleeds to a new target, like we had in MOP, so our damage on low HP mobs wasn't terrible.
01/31/2015 07:38 AMPosted by Adramelk
It just feels like we don't get enough benefit from Mastery or Haste - meaning Mastery doesn't feel like it boosts bleeds by enough, and stacking Haste really doesn't fix our energy starvation issues in the slightest.

[/quote]

they need to fix this. haste should not be worthless to a class that tends to get energy starved.
Well thanks for the input. I am glad to hear about BRF giving us the gear/stats we need and potentially bosses that we can shine on. Really like feral.
more like worst in pvp, nobody wants to take a feral in RBG
So I am not the only one that feels Energy starved. I don't notice it when questing but yeesh... heroic bosses and LFR made it very apparent. On top of this I seem consistently low on the DPS charts. BTW, Rip is still worth using right? I've been using it, but I remember it doing more damage than Ferocious Bite and that's no longer the case. I came back in december 2014 after quitting during 5.2. On the plus side, loving Lunar Inspiration.
01/31/2015 08:36 AMPosted by Decaf
As for our aoe (3+ mobs) goes, yes it does suck right now, but that should change when we get our two piece. In Beta our aoe was comparable to the other classes.

2p will boost our cleave output for sure. Our AoE is still going to suck for the most part. When 4+ targets exist at once it is vey rare that all stay alive for any amount of time. For our 2p to have any realistic return bleeds need to continue to tick. If adds die in 3-6 seconds we won't see any meaningful change after 2p.
Are you talking in beta pre-2pc nerf? It was giving 3 energy back per bleed tick and that was A LOT of energy return with larger packs with thrash. That would have inflated us a lot with additional swipes.
and lot of changes is happening with other classes tunning in 6.1, even with boomkins, but nothing to ferals :( hope like you said that 2p bonus help in the aoe/cleave or blizz really need to add more dmg to trash/swipe, like 200% lol
i like feral very much, i have been a tank since firelands and all MoP, now switched to dps and is really good, in single target at least :)
02/01/2015 12:40 AMPosted by Tinderhoof
01/31/2015 08:36 AMPosted by Decaf

2p will boost our cleave output for sure. Our AoE is still going to suck for the most part. When 4+ targets exist at once it is vey rare that all stay alive for any amount of time. For our 2p to have any realistic return bleeds need to continue to tick. If adds die in 3-6 seconds we won't see any meaningful change after 2p.

Not to mention, a set bonus is more or less a band aid. When the tier following BRF comes out, what then? Also, it's not like Feral is the only spec in the game with poor optimization in HM. Everyone else will be getting better stats as well. A lot has changed since the beta. Many classes received significant buffs. I'm not wearing a tinfoil hat and heading for the hills, but some changes definitely need to be made.
I totally agree with the AoE situation.

But as far as PvP is concerned, I have no idea what the guy is talking about with Ferals being bad. In BG's such as Eye / BfG / AB, I find myself taking out 2/3 targets before Zerk/Inc is down, 2 minimum. As far as putting the flag cap in your favor, Ferals are on top imo. But it might just be my playstyle. I only openly "rotationally play" when my healer is with me and then I notice the criminally reduced burstability. Feral + Healer is significantly less than Frost DK + Healer for example.
Didn't they even nerf Thrash a few weeks ago too? lol GG Blizz
02/01/2015 02:06 PMPosted by Diplomacy
Didn't they even nerf Thrash a few weeks ago too? lol GG Blizz

Yea, for guardian.