Achievement - They Really Love Me!

Achievements
Prev 1 2 3 4 9 Next
Really not liking the idea behind this achieve. Finding the fun being drained from this game in place of fail grinds, selfish goals and queue times.

Edit: And this achieve sounds like all of the above.

Edit x2:
http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=9394/they-really-love-me#comments
We had about 10 people, stood in a circle around the person who was getting the achieve and used a macro on them:
/rw PlayerName NEXT
/script SetRaidTarget("player",8)
/use Manufactured Love Prism

This put a skull on the person currently using their cast and gave a raid warning to let the next person know it is now their turn to use the item. We used the item when the player had 2seconds left on their buff.

Requires:
- Everyone in the group to have a good connection (we had 2 people dc at different times and cause us to fail)
- The people who go last will most likely not get the achieve due to wasted item or failed attempts.
- Patience and Fairly Precise timing.
Let's count the ways that this achievement doesn't love us:

• Pretty much requires buying more than one Manufactured Love Prism. This is because the only way to accomplish it is to form a large enough group and guess what -- they'll be wanting the achievement too. Assuming it doesn't fall apart.
  • Too easy for just one or two people to mess it up for everyone.
  • CD on item increased to 1 minute for a buff that only lasts 10 seconds. What. The. Heck.
  • Is there anything fun about waiting in a queue for long periods of time? Talk about a snooze fest.

Overall, this achievement does not induce an atmosphere of love. How ironic.
02/03/2015 08:57 PMPosted by Bejito
It's a pain, but doable with a premade. I joined one, waited 20 people, had it almost fall apart just before my turn, took over leader, kept it going smoothly for another 3 hours. Still up at the moment, join "ACHIEVE: They Really Love Me!", good group of people working patiently together.

High numbers makes it easier. Leader should maintain a list and make sure it stays fair.

Needing to wait for hours in a literal queue of people, hoping somebody kept a list of names so that you eventually get what you came for before everything closes — like you're in a government department waiting in line for financial assistance — is pretty much the exact opposite of everything a Valentine's Day-themed achievement should be.

The reality is that most of the time these pyramid schemes only pay off for the few who start them and a handful afterwards, with everybody else screwed out of their items and time.
It's a pain, but doable with a premade. I joined one, waited 20 people, had it almost fall apart just before my turn, took over leader, kept it going smoothly for another 3 hours. Still up at the moment, join "ACHIEVE: They Really Love Me!", good group of people working patiently together.

High numbers makes it easier. Leader should maintain a list and make sure it stays fair.

But that's the whole point: It can be done but it shouldn't be so painful.
02/03/2015 10:12 PMPosted by Alayea

But that's the whole point: It can be done but it shouldn't be so painful.

Like there have been painful achievements.

THIS is absurdly painful though

Like scale of one to ten, hardest achievement, pick your poison. Compare that now to THIS.
This felt like waiting in line at the DMV... (aka not fun at all...)
02/04/2015 02:00 AMPosted by Paldale
This felt like waiting in line at the DMV... (aka not fun at all...)

At least at the DMV it's an orderly fashion and people understand how the line works.

Here people cant understand simply instructions and screw up the whole thing. 60 second CD with a 10 sec duration buff is also retarded. Especially since it was a 30 second CD and blizz decided to bump it up to a 60 second one for god knows what reason.
Can't even find any groups for this in the premade group finder tool. I wonder that I can't see US groups classified as PvE/Other when I'm on an Oceanic realm? Grrrrr.

I need to get this done. If someone can hook me up with a group, it would be appreciated. Teelo#1968

Edit: Never mind, used a second account on a US server to invite myself, and queue for the only group in the finder... and they're meeting in Northern Barrens, where I can't phase over. God dammit Blizz.
Probably one of the most bonehead achievements thought up to get a toy.
A lot of things have been ridiculous this expansion. It's almost like the devs want you to no longer have a life and just wait in game for achievements and mounts in "lists" that half the time if not 3/4 fail due to deliberate jerks. I wonder if they hired new dev team members?
I read up on this achievement before going to do it. It seemed bad enough that it was a thirty second CD on the prism, but that's since been raised to sixty seconds?! That takes what already seems like (in my opinion) an already really poorly-designed achievement and makes it even more unnecessarily frustrating. If anything, the cooldown should have been reduced, not increased.

With fifty charges on the thing, this almost seems like it may have even been originally designed without a cooldown in mind, and for two players to just cast theirs constantly on each other until both had received the achievement.

I really hope that this is thoroughly looked at and resolved before the event is up.
02/04/2015 05:13 AMPosted by Kodiack
I read up on this achievement before going to do it. It seemed bad enough that it was a thirty second CD on the prism, but that's since been raised to sixty seconds?! That takes what already seems like (in my opinion) an already really poorly-designed achievement and makes it even more unnecessarily frustrating. If anything, the cooldown should have been reduced, not increased.

With fifty charges on the thing, this almost seems like it may have even been originally designed without a cooldown in mind, and for two players to just cast theirs constantly on each other until both had received the achievement.

I really hope that this is thoroughly looked at and resolved before the event is up.

Green post, now we just need a blue to acknowledge this and maybe we can get some traction before it's too late.

It's amazing to me that this forum doesn't have *one* blue that frequents it.

It's almost a dead section.

Blizzard, tick tock.
A few people casting it on each other makes more sense in the spirit of the holiday rather than the circle orgy we have now.

Just waiting for the nerf to forming a raid for it.
We have a dungeon and raid tab to accomplish raid achievements. This needs to either be nerfed so that players are able to get it accomplished or moved to a raid tab. It is ridiculous to make a holiday achievement and toy require a raid to get.
Blizz, you say you want us to have fun, yes? Well, this achieve is not fun.
It's almost as if no one at Blizzard tested this before it went live...
Like there have been painful achievements.

THIS is absurdly painful though

Like scale of one to ten, hardest achievement, pick your poison. Compare that now to THIS.

Something came up, so I had to cut my thought short. What it should have said if I hadn't been in a hurry at the time:
But that's the whole point: It can be done but it shouldn't be so painful that the reward feels unequal to the effort.
02/03/2015 07:45 AMPosted by Pity
Still hoping a blue posts here

I don't think I've ever seen a Blue post beyond the "Welcome to this Forum" one at the top. Go ask Muffinus on twitter. This is the very kind of issue with urgency that's made for twitspam.

I'd go but I forgot the password for the fake twit account I made for beta. >_<
I was really looking forward to the toy, but having to join a list raid to do this is unreliable (but hey, maybe they'll eat up some of your prism charges so you're extra screwed later), boring, frustrating and not fun.

To see in the hotfix notes that they actually increased the cooldown is disheartening that they'll do anything to help make this not suck.