Achievement - They Really Love Me!

Achievements
Prev 1 4 5 6 9 Next
02/03/2015 03:05 PMPosted by Honeymoon
To put things in context:

Current: 10-second duration, 60-second cooldown — people are forced to stand in a queue and shuffle up one at a time to use their prism on a single person before trudging to the back of the line and starting over like they're in a funeral procession or depressing Soviet breadline, hoping against hope that the group stays together and functional until it is their turn to earn their toy an hour or more after joining the group.

What it should be: 60-second duration, 10-second cooldown — people run around the streets chaotically throwing love beams on all and sundry every ten seconds, as the stacks slowly increase on everyone until they all burst with achievements and toys, in the exact freaking spirit of the holiday. :P

I'm not sure why Blizzard's anti-fun department keeps getting to make the final decisions, when they're consistently poor and pretty much objectively wrong ones. :P

Wow so much this. This achievement seems designed to require a ponzi scheme and perfect execution or you wasted the better part of an hour. Totally unacceptable.
This was a very poorly designed achievement. It's like the developers are giving us the finger and telling us to go "eff" ourselves. I've done lots of hard stuff in this game and challenging stuff, but this kind of chore is downright idiotic.
Well that group I was in the other day, came through and four hours after joining I got the achievement. FOUR HOURS!

People were dropping left and right, people didn't know how the achievement worked and even after taking 10 minutes to explain to a group of new people, we'd all line up, and there was always that one person who was like "how's this work?" when it was their turn, so a stack we were working on would fall off.

Four hours for 30 achievement points is just !@#$ing awful.
Horrible design, and I don't usually say that about anything....
I would like to add this to my post. Recently Blizzard changed the way how Garn mount farming was handle. In fact, it was exactly the same principle use as the one for this achievement, hence, one strong argument showing how you solve one problem (people waiting in a list raid hours to get a mount, and end up not having it because the group disbanded, or people abusing their raid leader position to break the chain of priority) to exactly reproduce it again with this achievement. Please, as you demonstrated to us by changing how the Garn mount farming process worked, change the way we can obtain this toy for us avid collectors. Thank you everyone who posted up to date, we need more people posting to get GM's attention! I get a lot of the same feedback online, poorly achievement design. This achievement don't really <3 me! :(
I would like to add this to my post. Recently Blizzard changed the way how Garn mount farming was handle. In fact, it was exactly the same principle use as the one for this achievement, hence, one strong argument showing how you solve one problem (people waiting in a list raid hours to get a mount, and end up not having it because the group disbanded, or people abusing their raid leader position to break the chain of priority) to exactly reproduce it again with this achievement. Please, as you demonstrated to us by changing how the Garn mount farming process worked, change the way we can obtain this toy for us avid collectors. Thank you everyone who posted up to date, we need more people posting to get GM's attention! I get a lot of the same feedback online, poorly achievement design. This achievement don't really <3 me! :(
Couldn't care less anymore.
Little guide for oceanic player who are mostly screwed due to extreme low pop and can not see US server custom premade. You can complete this achievement with US players. Just log on a random US server, search for premade have "love" in title. Join the group and ask them to use leader's garrison as meeting hub. This will let you see US player and by pass the phasing restriction.
This achievement needs to be nerfed. Not going to list all the reasons why as others have already done that and my terrible experience trying to get this is similar to theirs. Just adding another unsatisfied voice to the mob in the hopes that Blizzard will fix this achievement to be more reasonable before the event ends.
I'm not wrong, I had 7 other "competent" people and thats it, no 40 man premade of pugs or griefers, just 8 people who weren't retarded. I earned the achievement after the 1min cooldown was in place, it was easy with 7 people, im sure it is ridiculously easy with 40.
Blizzard should have put this achievement in the raid tab not the world events tab....it is ridiculous to need a raid for this...please fix it
While it's wonderful that it worked fine for you Snyderz, that does not change the fact that it did NOT work so wonderfully for other folk. As the tired old saying goes Your Mileage May Vary. I did not do some raid achievements at level because YES they were raid achievements. Can I raid? Yes. I did MC this past month over and over til I got Hatespark the Tiny. I got the Legendary cloak from Pandaria. Doesn't mean I enjoy it. I did do Veteran Nanny the first year it was available because I am an avid pet collector even before pets were put into their own tab and shared across characters. If we're gonna play the my experience is greater than yours you'll lose and it's not RELEVANT to this discussion.

The point here is... to get the achievement done efficiently in a goodly amount of time it would seem joining a big group would be the way to go, but it's not. I am sure I will get this achievement done with my 8 closest friends, but the point was that this is a very unrewarding achievement and needlessly difficult to do. No one should have to put in 4 hours of effort and get nothing in the end but some jerk disbanding the group. No achievement, no more wand (so more farming up charms to get another one) a whole afternoon wasted in frustration.

Also consider the sources here... if these people were continual whiners, they would have posted somewhere else, and in some whiny way (aka "dis suks, Blizz!"). If people who rarely complain about the game are complaining then clearly something is amiss.
02/06/2015 01:32 AMPosted by Reign
why downvote my post? i posted saying blizzard should change this and i agree it needs to be nerfed, but i'm also saying that it is obtainable in its current state

Just accept the fact that Oceanic Premade Custom Tab is empty 90% of the time.
Bump for bad game design. This is actually a little embarrassing.
It is possible to do now. But apparently any sane version was too much 'fun' and subsequently made the whole process an unbearable mess. Holiday events are meant to be entertaining, and while seeing a massive circle of pink-channeling players is amusing the first time it quickly grows stale and after the time it takes for even 5 people to get the achievement boredom has set in and people just want to be somewhere else.

It is literally watching a guy walking in a circle and having people click on him repeated 50 times over. Paint-drying entertainment.
I was waiting for this to get nerfed before even attempting this. I'm surprised it hasn't yet.
I can't even imagine trying this without the in game group finder. It would have been impossible.

But yeah, throw my vote in with the anti-fun crowd. It was close to 2 hours of hating my life. I was pumped up to do a lot of things in game this weekend Blizzard, but you basically sucked out my soul. Gotta find something else to do for the next few days.

Edited to second:
02/06/2015 10:29 AMPosted by Sazalla
Also consider the sources here... if these people were continual whiners, they would have posted somewhere else, and in some whiny way (aka "dis suks, Blizz!"). If people who rarely complain about the game are complaining then clearly something is amiss.
I'm starting to get the feeling Blizz is just going to quietly ignore us until the holiday is over :/