Ignore cap needs to be raised..

General Discussion
Akug - thanks for your comment mate - glad youre a part of the community wanting to put your valuable 2c in to help me with my problem however i have a few issues with your methods.
1) if i leave /2 or /1 then i am there for a reason and thus is counter productive to my needs.
2) throwing them on another tab is the same as number 1
3)i have no idea what "SGI" is but ill assume its to do with the guild spam. I am referring to the spam that is guild advertisements with 10 in caps that are a paragraph long with 10 different symbols to try grab attention - this is not filtered by blizzard or by guild membership, however i have already stated that my current addon gets around 90% of the ones going around, and i do not wish to have to report them every time i log in for spam as that then wastes my time.
Again - thanks for your comment. Your sarcasm is welcomed and appreciated and goes to prove a valuable point i have.

It's not sarcasm, it's how I handled the situation. Those channels serve no purpose other than getting you aggravated and you are wasting your own time. That's why I tabbed them, for that very rare time when I actually want to use them (which is almost never).
It must be absolutely awful to have to waste that much time in game /ignoring so much.
Hello again Akug.
Unfortunately i am not like you, and regularly keep my eyes peeled in trade for many reasons, not limited to looking for viable pvp partners, pve groups, achievement groups, good priced wares and so forth.
These channels do not in fact make me 'aggravated' and will actually serve to spare my time spending a few seconds to ignore them and save a lot of time reading their dribble over and over again over the course of my WoW life. What works for one might not work for another hmm.
02/11/2015 07:13 AMPosted by Kîrà
Hello again Akug.
Unfortunately i am not like you, and regularly keep my eyes peeled in trade for many reasons, not limited to looking for viable pvp partners, pve groups, achievement groups, good priced wares and so forth.
These channels do not in fact make me 'aggravated' and will actually serve to spare my time spending a few seconds to ignore them and save a lot of time reading their dribble over and over again over the course of my WoW life. What works for one might not work for another hmm.

Then be prepared to play whack a mole for the rest of your time on that server, that's the price for keeping them up all the time. They can put the cap up to 1000 and it won't actually be enough.
I just create a separate chat window that doesn't include trade, or anything else I don't want to see.

I only switch to /2 when I actually need it.

This leaves my ignore list for making sure I don't happen to get re-grouped with losers when pugging or any other few scenarios that come up that I may need o ignore someone.

Take it out at the root.