Have you guys not realized yet

Arenas
that Blizzard is purposely trying to kill the PvP playerbase? Soda quit, Reckful and Sodah banned, Mitch doesn't even wanna play anymore. WoW on Twitch has probably halved in viewership because of how bad PvP is now. They clearly don't care because if they did it would be fixed a lot faster.
Sadly, when they see subs decrease, they will care, but hey, they are probably getting increase in bot subs to cover it.

The game is dying, they know it, we know it, it is finally last breath of its existence, when we see Twitter integration, on top of pokemon, toys, you know they lost their mojo.
The game isn't dying. They actually have more subs now then they did a year ago. This expansion has been a huge success from a numbers standpoint.

PvP is a very small portion of WoW, and as long as PvE people are happy (and it appears that they are by the subscription bump they have received) this game will continue to thrive.

I think pvp'ers truly underestimate how small of the actual player base we are. There are probably 5000 total serious pvp players in North America in a game that has almost 7 million subscribers.
All I ever hear on these forums is "PVE PLAYERS THIS, PVPERS THAT." Well what about the RPers? Nobody ever seems to bring the RPers up.
02/11/2015 09:31 AMPosted by Criming
The game isn't dying. They actually have more subs now then they did a year ago. This expansion has been a huge success from a numbers standpoint.

PvP is a very small portion of WoW, and as long as PvE people are happy (and it appears that they are by the subscription bump they have received) this game will continue to thrive.

I think pvp'ers truly underestimate how small of the actual player base we are. There are probably 5000 total serious pvp players in North America in a game that has almost 7 million subscribers.

wow criming you are spot on.

Yea WoD is amazing and tons of fun. The numbers don't lie and they will only go up. This is the most fun PvP season since Cata when we could use Gurthalak and Souldrinker and some fun PvE gear in PvP. That was a fun season. Although WoD is so much better then Cata and might be the best expansion blizz has ever released.
IMO this season is more fun than some MoP seasons, and all cata seasons (granted i didn't play too much in cata to have a real opinion). and this is coming from a WW.
The season is fun until they decide to nerf everything and forget about real problems xD
I think it's more than halved. Reckful and Soda made it look like a decent amount of people watched WoW.

Still dumbfounded that they banned Reckful himself instead of the account he broke the EULA on.
I think what we're seeing in WoD is the true death of any semblance of 1v1 balance. I know they've always claimed to never balance around 1v1, but in recent years, homogenization led to most classes being somewhat viable duelists. There was always some discrepancies (WW Monk from end of MoP) but for the most part, most classes could hold their own.

It's almost a throwback to BC. If you played a Shadow Priest back then, you'd understand - making a Rogue's lifebar move slightly downward in a 1v1 duel was worthy of a feat of strength. Mage vs. Warlock, same story for the Mage. And some classes were joketacular in PvP like DPS Paladins (lol), Shamans and Boomkins.

My class took particularly hard adjustments for casual play. Losing most of the self-healing and a lot of the bells and whistles Arms brought had made Warriors extremely reliant on heals. I can't just queue up with my DPS buddies for some fun 2s anymore - the abomination that's my 2s record is what happens then. The only way I can have fun on my Warrior in PvP is 3s, 5s and RBGs... which isn't a terrible spot to be in, but for someone who loved just screwing around in 2s and Reg BGs, it's a huge quality of life demerit.

So all in all, PvP in WOD is a throwback to BC - less skills, huge break from homogenization and 1v1 balance is officially dead. Some are happy, others not-so-much.
I think we should just quit the game. That looks like fun.
10 million subs and you think blizz cares about 30k twitch viewers? This is not a pvp focussed game even though a lot of people try to make it one. Highmaul and blackrock have been highly successful, people sit in that !@#$ all day everyday and they cant even loot the bosses. Pvp didnt get any new bgs, achievements, and you know the glad mount will just be a recolored yeti some intern throws tpgether last minute. Pet battles are more popular than arena, and bgs are just bot wars.
02/11/2015 10:46 AMPosted by Pickledmango
and bgs are just bot wars.

They really let this get out of control. It's like they gave up.
02/11/2015 11:21 AMPosted by Churchmouse
It's like they gave up.

http://imgur.com/sPrnn75
The number of *serious* PvPers probably only numbers around 10,000, but the number of *serious* raiders probably only numbers around 50,000-70,000. Overall, this game is filled with tons of casual players who play for fun. People keep saying this is a PvE game first and foremost and PvP is a distant afterthought. That's only because of how poorly Blizzard has treated PvP, in terms of both easing new players in, releasing new content, rewarding players for doing it, and focusing on high quality gameplay during it.

If Blizzard but a fraction of the effort into PvP that they do into PvE, an astonishing number of players would grow exponentially more interested. Still SEVERELY lacking from PvP are:
- rewards with use
- cosmetic rewards
- new battlegrounds that don't recycle old content in boring ways
- an accessible world PvP zone that engages dynamic content around the map instead of a tab targetting zergfest
- a season with PvP content fine-tuned to the levels we saw in S10
- actually FUN gameplay
- depth to classes that make exceptional players exponentially stronger than novice players in their ability to exploit difficult mechanics for maximal gain (i.e. WOTLK mage FoF, alter time for mages)
- serious action taken about people who exploit and cheat

Need big progression in these areas and PvP in this game could seriously contend with others for one of the better games out there.
you know the game is !@#$ed when the pvp highlight of the expansion is a zone where players form groups and try their best to avoid enemy players and run around killing npcs
02/11/2015 09:31 AMPosted by Criming

agreed mostly, new expansions always have a boost in subs, and this one with a promised "spiritual succession to classic" brought A LOT of people back, the real question will be the 1st/2nd quarter numbers will be.
02/11/2015 06:54 AMPosted by Enhanshment
Soda
Reckful
Sodah
Mitch
Twitch

why do u even care u dont play the game u just live on fansites