Have you guys not realized yet

Arenas
02/11/2015 11:35 AMPosted by Sadar
The number of *serious* PvPers probably only numbers around 10,000, but the number of *serious* raiders probably only numbers around 50,000-70,000. Overall, this game is filled with tons of casual players who play for fun. People keep saying this is a PvE game first and foremost and PvP is a distant afterthought. That's only because of how poorly Blizzard has treated PvP, in terms of both easing new players in, releasing new content, rewarding players for doing it, and focusing on high quality gameplay during it.

If Blizzard but a fraction of the effort into PvP that they do into PvE, an astonishing number of players would grow exponentially more interested. Still SEVERELY lacking from PvP are:
- rewards with use
- cosmetic rewards
- new battlegrounds that don't recycle old content in boring ways
- an accessible world PvP zone that engages dynamic content around the map instead of a tab targetting zergfest
- a season with PvP content fine-tuned to the levels we saw in S10
- actually FUN gameplay
- depth to classes that make exceptional players exponentially stronger than novice players in their ability to exploit difficult mechanics for maximal gain (i.e. WOTLK mage FoF, alter time for mages)
- serious action taken about people who exploit and cheat

Need big progression in these areas and PvP in this game could seriously contend with others for one of the better games out there.

QFT.

One of the biggest complaints on the forums right now is that there isn't really another game like WoW arenas out there to shift to. If there was a similar game that could pull people in, everyone would already be gone.

Twitter integration is something blizzard is doing to help spread that social media presence. Get people tweeting from in game and having fun, and suddenly you have people on twitter going, "What's this game? That looks cool, I oughta try it out." In that vain, PvP is far more entertaining, in my eyes, to watch, stream, see screenshots of, and try to get in on. If blizzard was trying to expand that social media presence, having a serious focus on their unique PvP and PvP content would be a wise investment.
It's crazy, some guy at my work quit the other day. He worked there for 5 years. I think the business should just shut down.
02/11/2015 01:27 PMPosted by Tiermodim
QFT.

One of the biggest complaints on the forums right now is that there isn't really another game like WoW arenas out there to shift to. If there was a similar game that could pull people in, everyone would already be gone.

Twitter integration is something blizzard is doing to help spread that social media presence. Get people tweeting from in game and having fun, and suddenly you have people on twitter going, "What's this game? That looks cool, I oughta try it out." In that vain, PvP is far more entertaining, in my eyes, to watch, stream, see screenshots of, and try to get in on. If blizzard was trying to expand that social media presence, having a serious focus on their unique PvP and PvP content would be a wise investment.

Blizzard first and foremost is a business.

They are going to weight resources of what is going to bring in the most money. Will using tons of resources to make for a better pvp game really bring numbers in that will make the cost worth it? Or would using those resources on PvE bring in more people and/or keep the people that are here already happy?

I think PvE if that is the business model is always going to win out because it's where the 95% or more of their money is coming from.

Why would you invest huge resources into a part of your business that makes you very little money and causes you more headaches then anything.

This is how every major business functions and Blizzard is no different.
02/11/2015 06:54 AMPosted by Enhanshment
that Blizzard is purposely trying to kill the PvP playerbase? Soda quit, Reckful and Sodah banned, Mitch doesn't even wanna play anymore. WoW on Twitch has probably halved in viewership because of how bad PvP is now. They clearly don't care because if they did it would be fixed a lot faster.

Soda quit because he got bored. Making a living off video games is nice, but when you do it for 8 hours a day every day you will burn yourself out pretty quick.

Reckful and sodah got banned because they were going agaisnt the TOS. Everyone wants cheaters ban, this is no difference and they shouldn't be treated differently cause they are E-famous.

WoW is a hard game to watch on twitch because it's hard to know whats all going on. That's why casting it is so difficult. There's 6 people in an arena match pressing buttons every second, its a lot to take in compared to something like Hearthstone.
02/11/2015 06:54 AMPosted by Enhanshment
Soda quit, Reckful and Sodah banned, Mitch doesn't even wanna play anymore.

yea dude because 4 people who sold out a long time are not playing the game anymore means that blizzard is totally trying to kill off pvp

get real LOL
so ya i quit wow but i actually met mitch in a cs go game LOL it was so random his name was mitchjones and i was like wtf and he was like i know u and it was really cool so ya he added me

watsup u guys jelly
02/11/2015 02:34 PMPosted by Calderg
so ya i quit wow but i actually met mitch in a cs go game LOL it was so random his name was mitchjones and i was like wtf and he was like i know u and it was really cool so ya he added me

watsup u guys jelly

what relevance does this have to anything in this thread? do you just post because you like to hear yourself talk or
02/11/2015 02:36 PMPosted by Zev
what relevance does this have to anything in this thread? do you just post because you like to hear yourself talk or

well op mentioned mitch and how he quit so
02/11/2015 07:13 AMPosted by Jojaphatt
The game is dying, they know it, we know it

Hah.

No.

The game is doing quite well actually.

PvP, and specifically high rated 3's PvP, involvs a very, very small number of players compared to the WoW population. Those few thousand (actually probably less than a thousand) players disliking the game as it is and coming to the forums and posting about it are about as impacting as the "OMFG GIVE US FLYING BACK OR WE QUIT" crowd.
02/11/2015 01:27 PMPosted by Tiermodim
- new battlegrounds that don't recycle old content in boring ways

Eh. I would rather see more reskinned capture the flag maps than some fancy attempt at what will eventually be just another hated BG.

Keep it simple. WSG/AB style BGs are the best.