Bug with Sanguinary Veins and two rogues

Rogue
http://tinyurl.com/pfaxyle (Ravenholdt.net blog)

The tl;dr is that if you have two subtlety rogues, only one will ever benefit from sanguinary vein, which both increases rupture damage by 10% and all other damage by 20% for enemies affected by a rogue bleed. Whichever rogue applied a bleed most recently will get the effect, while the other will not benefit until they refresh their own bleed.
Two quick points of clarification that apparently may not have been clear from my post.

1) Both rogues do actually get the 10% rupture damage effect, I'm guessing because its a property of rupture and not actually part of the sanguinary veins effect.

2) SV is actually 25% not 20%, the tooltip hasn't been updated because Blizzard can't update tooltips without a patch. The reason its only a 10% dps loss per rogue with 2 rogues and not 12.5% is: (1+(0.25/2))/1.25=0.9 or a 10% dps loss.
I respect all the work you boys at Ravenholdt put in, keep it up.
Only if I could accurately test the effects of revealing strike for something similar, I swear my two piece should be doing more for me.
We're working on a hotfix for this. I don't have an ETA yet on when it will be released, but we'll get it done.
02/17/2015 01:06 PMPosted by Lore
We're working on a hotfix for this. I don't have an ETA yet on when it will be released, but we'll get it done.

That was fast.

Thanks again to Fierydemise and everyone at Ravenholdt.
02/17/2015 01:08 PMPosted by Slappy

That was fast.

Thanks again to Fierydemise and everyone at Ravenholdt.

It still raises the issue that Fierydemise pointed out at the end of the post - unless you go screaming on the forums, or raise a big "hey! hey! bug!" this stuff doesn't appear to be even looked at. The fact it got such a speedy response and incoming hotfix lends credence to it.
02/17/2015 12:57 PMPosted by Velexa
I respect all the work you boys at Ravenholdt put in, keep it up.

We're not all boys. ;)

Since you're here for the first time in 5 years, there's also a bug with Shadow Reflection that doesn't copy Internal Bleeding talent and does not copy a Rogue's Mecha-Rocket action.

If Mecha-Rocket is intended not to copy, then at least Internal Bleeding is, since it's a talent and Shadow Reflection copies all other talent tiers.
02/17/2015 01:25 PMPosted by Rfeann
We're not all boys. ;)

Boys and gals*

<3
02/17/2015 01:23 PMPosted by Kane
It still raises the issue that Fierydemise pointed out at the end of the post - unless you go screaming on the forums, or raise a big "hey! hey! bug!" this stuff doesn't appear to be even looked at. The fact it got such a speedy response and incoming hotfix lends credence to it.

To speak to this, if it was indeed reported using the in-game feature, I'm not sure how it slipped through the cracks. I don't handle the in-game bug reports myself so I can't speak directly to how it could have happened, but it's definitely a fail on our part if we got reports on a bug like this and managed to miss them somehow.

We're extremely grateful to people like Fierydemise for pointing stuff like this out, but you're correct that it shouldn't be necessary. In the vast majority of cases, it isn't. In fact, I'm not 100% sure that the Ravenholdt post was what got this bug fixed (it seems likely, but I haven't asked the developer who's working on the fix where they heard about the bug because, well, it seems like actually working on the fix would be a better use of their time).

But we identify and fix a ton of bugs due to player reports -- this one just slipped through the cracks somehow. That sucks and is obviously our fault, but it's definitely the exception and not the rule.
02/17/2015 01:34 PMPosted by Lore
To speak to this, if it was indeed reported using the in-game feature, I'm not sure how it slipped through the cracks. I don't handle the in-game bug reports myself so I can't speak directly to how it could have happened, but it's definitely a fail on our part if we got reports on a bug like this and managed to miss them somehow.

We're extremely grateful to people like Fierydemise for pointing stuff like this out, but you're correct that it shouldn't be necessary. In the vast majority of cases, it isn't. In fact, I'm not 100% sure that the Ravenholdt post was what got this bug fixed (it seems likely, but I haven't asked the developer who's working on the fix where they heard about the bug because, well, it seems like actually working on the fix would be a better use of their time).

But we identify and fix a ton of bugs due to player reports -- this one just slipped through the cracks somehow. That sucks and is obviously our fault, but it's definitely the exception and not the rule.

You should have applied for a PR job at BP during the Gulf oil spill, you're good at this.

Either way, thanks for the quick update!
If you're going to hotfix this, can you guys finally get around to fixing the lacerate/pandemic/pulverize issue I've been reporting since beta? I realize almost no one plays guardian anymore so it only affects a few people, but for those of us who still like our bears, it's pretty annoying.
WOW, a blue in the rogue forums!! Say, while you are here, do you think that we can get your attention on the following issues:

1) State of Assassination spec in both PvE (single and multi target) and PvP - we have some quick fix ideas, such as making Vendetta a self-buff + rebalancing it to grant a larger bonus to yellow damage only, merging Deadly and Wound poisons, allowing Envenom to cleave on to nearby targets affected by Deadly Poison and making Dispatch a significantly harder-hitting ability.

2) Combat PvE - recent changes to Blade Flurry have made it more efficient to cleave with a fast mainhand, this seems a bit counterintuitive, do you plan to address in near future by normalizing poison procs, etc? Also, a bit more single target damage would be fantastic!

3) Subterfuge is bugged once again with Glyph of Vanish, this is currently a significant dps increase to Subt PvE, do you plan to fix this in near future, and can we please have a small buff to an active ability to compensate?

4) In general, we would all like to have more damage from yellow abilities and less damage from autoattacks (goes for all three specs), preferably from finishers, would it be possible to rebalance us in such a way in the near future?
02/17/2015 02:00 PMPosted by Shaithis
WOW, a blue in the rogue forums!! Say, while you are here, do you think that we can get your attention on the following issues:

1) State of Assassination spec in both PvE (single and multi target) and PvP - we have some quick fix ideas, such as making Vendetta a self-buff + rebalancing it to grant a larger bonus to yellow damage only, merging Deadly and Wound poisons, allowing Envenom to cleave on to nearby targets affected by Deadly Poison and making Dispatch a significantly harder-hitting ability.

2) Combat PvE - recent changes to Blade Flurry have made it more efficient to cleave with a fast mainhand, this seems a bit counterintuitive, do you plan to address in near future by normalizing poison procs, etc? Also, a bit more single target damage would be fantastic!

3) Subterfuge is bugged once again with Glyph of Vanish, this is currently a significant dps increase to Subt PvE, do you plan to fix this in near future, and can we please have a small buff to an active ability to compensate?

4) In general, we would all like to have more damage from yellow abilities and less damage from autoattacks (goes for all three specs), preferably from finishers, would it be possible to rebalance us in such a way in the near future?

Those are questions a developer could potentially answer, not a forum rep.
02/17/2015 02:00 PMPosted by Shaithis

Shhhh, you'll scare them away.
02/17/2015 01:34 PMPosted by Lore
In fact, I'm not 100% sure that the Ravenholdt post was what got this bug fixed (it seems likely, but I haven't asked the developer who's working on the fix where they heard about the bug because, well, it seems like actually working on the fix would be a better use of their time).

Considering the bug was discovered and the first bug report submitted in December (according to Fiery's Ravenholdt post), yeah it was probably the Ravenholdt post. I highly doubt a bug that could lower a player's dps by 10% or more would go unattended for 2 months if someone had seen it.

And here's my guild running 3 sub rogues on heroic Blackhand progression. All those sub-5% wipes :(
Update on this bug, it looks like it triggers from assassination's rupture too so if you are going to run two rogues you probably want to run sub/combat to avoid this bug.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/vZBVwXkaT7cdgfm3#fight=1&type=damage-done&pins=0%24Main%24%23244F4B%24casts%24-1%24139995029.0.0.Rogue%240.0.0.Any%24true%240.0.0.Any%24true%241943%5E0%24Main%24%23909049%24casts%24-1%24109202747.0.0.Rogue%240.0.0.Any%24true%240.0.0.Any%24true%241943&source=8&view=events&start=508935&end=526070

00:01:58.962 Grizel Deadly Poison Gruul Tick 2232
00:01:59.328 Grizel Rupture Gruul Tick 5690
00:01:59.930 Grizel Deadly Poison Gruul 1148
00:02:01.158 Swaggnaros casts Rupture on Gruul
00:02:01.363 Grizel Rupture Gruul Tick 4551
00:02:01.980 Grizel Deadly Poison Gruul Tick 1785
0:02:05.994 Grizel Deadly Poison Gruul 918
Hotfix has just been applied. It might take a few minutes to completely roll out everywhere, but should be active shortly if it's not already.
02/17/2015 02:49 PMPosted by Lore
Hotfix has just been applied. It might take a few minutes to completely roll out everywhere, but should be active shortly if it's not already.

Thank you for your support and attention.