Follower Bonus Lowered?

General Discussion
1 2 3 10 Next
I have lvl 100 followers in my proffesion buildings, and normally (before today) i would get plus 1 for every order finished!

ex~5 orders would yeild 10 (plus 1 per item)

today when i collected my tannery order of which 4 were completed, i only got 6 burnished leathers instead of 8!

Is this intentional, a bug, or something else?

or did i simply miss this while reading the patch notes?
Is your Follower assigned to the building for each work order as it's completed? We closed a loophole that would allow you to assign a Follower to a building right before collecting the work orders, and gain all the bonus even though they weren't assigned to the building the whole time. The intended functionality (and the one active in 6.1) is that the Follower needs to be assigned to the building as each work order completion ticks for their bonus to be applied.
Why did this need to be changed again?

I fail to see how having to, for all practical purposes, deactivate a 655 epic follower in order to have my professions working at 100% improves any aspect of this game.
02/24/2015 02:54 PMPosted by Bashiok
Is your Follower assigned to the building for each work order as it's completed? We closed a loophole that would allow you to assign a Follower to a building right before collecting the work orders, and gain all the bonus even though they weren't assigned to the building the whole time. The intended functionality (and the one active in 6.1) is that the Follower needs to be assigned to the building as each work order completion ticks for their bonus to be applied.

So wait - i could have been sending poor Lantressor out on Missions instead of locking his miserable mug in the MINE and still gotten the bonus?
We closed a loophole that would allow you to assign a Follower to a building right before collecting the work orders, and gain all the bonus even though they weren't assigned to the building the whole time.

Why do I even bother exploiting loopholes if you guys are just going to fix 'em!?

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
02/24/2015 02:57 PMPosted by Gudass
Why did this need to be changed again?

I fail to see how having to, for all practical purposes, deactivate a 655 epic follower in order to have my professions working at 100% improves any aspect of this game.
Does it make sense for them to give you extra mats if they were in the building a total of 30 seconds? If you want the bonus mats, you trade sending him on missions.
02/24/2015 02:57 PMPosted by Steelforge
So wait - i could have been sending poor Lantressor out on Missions instead of locking his miserable mug in the MINE and still gotten the bonus?

Lol yeah i didn't figure that out until i read the patch notes like a month ago and changed the way i did things.
Yeah, your follower has to be already an active worker-bee when you place your order to get the bonus.

It makes sense. No complaint from me...
I've never done the worker juggle exploit, but I missed a few bonus mats from the patch.

Everything is working fine now. Might have been an issue right at the server update to 6.1.

on my my max lw yes Kala has been at the proff building all week. as for my others ( i have several garrisons going) ive had to move them in and out for missions. i went back and read the patch notes again, figuring i misread something. So that explains why the rest of my proff buildings didnt get the full bonus.

Either way its no biggie i just wanted to know if i missed something (which i did) or if it was some type of bug!

thank you for the response :) also my toon is naked on these forums.. i just used the new heirloom tab to fully clothe her yet she is showing up naked now LOL is this a bug ?
The issue the OP is talking about is that we are not getting the bonus for (hopefully just) the first post-patch work order collection. I should have gotten 18 from my blacksmith work orders I had queued up since yesterday. Instead I got 9 even though the 100 level follower has never been removed from the building AND before I collected it, I checked the work order NPC and it said follower bonus was active.
I've had 2 assigned to mind on my Paladin, the whole time, Getting just one item from the completed work orders now, prior to this patch, I was getting 2 constantly. Only time I would unassign one was if someone needed a body guard for an invasion.

Yes, my followers have been at their building posts for a few weeks now (each assigned when reached epic 100). I don't pull them out for missions. So, I thought RNG had been added or messed with or something. My bonuses were all less today, as well. And no sorcerous mats at all from work orders today, either.

I just counted it as another /sigh. But if the bonuses were supposed to be there, then perhaps there was a problem with the implementation of the follower assignment code?

Grasping at straws for every mat/resource/upgrade I can, I guess.

I thought it was said that we'd be informed PRIOR to that change going in when it would happen. I also thought that, coinciding with that change, would be one that allowed followers to gain XP while working a building?
Is your Follower assigned to the building for each work order as it's completed?

yes. i did 3 rush orders back to back to back at the tannery where the level 645 follower had been assigned for at least 48 hours previous; i only received 22 burnished leathers for the 15 work orders.
02/24/2015 03:12 PMPosted by Xethorsiph

I thought it was said that we'd be informed PRIOR to that change going in when it would happen. I also thought that, coinciding with that change, would be one that allowed followers to gain XP while working a building?

You were informed this would be getting fixed with 6.1. Today is 6.1

I used a rush order to complete 5 work orders at my Alchemy Lab, with a follower assigned. When I collected them it only gave me 8 Alchemical Catalysts. Something is wrong.
Something people have asked for, is that you can use deactivated followers for buildings.
I get the feeling blizz won't ever allow this to be.