Final Fantasy 14 Reaches 4 million

Games, Gaming and Hardware
Prev 1 4 5 6 9 Next
Competition is a good thing. It gives Blizzard more of an incentive to keep people happy, and removes the "well, there's nowhere else to go" excuse.

My feeling is, the two games will start trying to cater more to specific audiences than to the exact same one. That's also a good thing for players, as it gives us more chance we'll find something we can enjoy playing.
FFXIV had selfies a year ago, you know. Just saying...
02/27/2015 07:57 AMPosted by Ryios
02/27/2015 07:44 AMPosted by Hyperactive
Once it reaches 10+ Million paying subscribers for over 1 year, then I will care about it

Why should how many subs a game has, impact whether someone want's to play it or not. I want to play games I like, whether they have 100k subs or 10 million is irrelevant.

no1 is talking about YOU WANTING TO PLAY THE GAME.

are you clueless? Have you NOT READ THE TITLE?

The post is CLEARLY talking about the numbers of subscribers it reached,

I made a comment directly talking about that subject.

I could care less if you want to play or not. I said I will CARE ABOUT IT (About numbers of subscribers, AKA THE TOPIC) when the numbers of PAYING MONTHLY subscribers reach above 10 million.
02/27/2015 08:15 AMPosted by Shado
02/27/2015 07:42 AMPosted by Sweetspring
But I want a red mage soooo bad!

02/27/2015 07:37 AMPosted by Ryios
FFXI sub jobs were awesome

I was a masochist and played a Galka Black Mage/Red Mage. My Galka also looked pretty good in Scholar gear.

Yea I had it rough enough as an Elvaan BLM. No way I could of done mage classes on a Galka. Never could bring myself to play a Taru. Even with all the damn mana they have lol.
Thank you for sharing that OP. I think I will give it a try.
Was never really a fan of MMO's from the orient as their known to be grindy (Aion? am i saying it right?) but I'm honestly considering giving it a go as wow isn't feeding my drive anymore.
02/27/2015 08:24 AMPosted by Chainsaww
Was never really a fan of MMO's from the orient as their known to be grindy (Aion? am i saying it right?) but I'm honestly considering giving it a go as wow isn't feeding my drive anymore.

It's still grindy.

Somehow I enjoy it anyway.
I play both WoW and FFXIV. I really really like FFXIV.
02/27/2015 08:31 AMPosted by Glenfer
I play both WoW and FFXIV. I really really like FFXIV.

^----This, I play multiple M.M.O's as well as console games to mix it up. I would get bored if I just stuck with one game only.
Oo didn't know the new FF was out. Cha CHING!
I played WoW for ten years and now I am over at FFXIV having a great time. My WoW sub ends in a week and I won't be back until things are a little more Warcrafty.
02/27/2015 06:28 AMPosted by Lukar
Heh.

I have a subscription for WoW, a subscription for Final Fantasy XIV, and one for SWTOR. Nothing wrong with enjoying multiple MMOs.

I'll always be in favor of WoW having a competitor though. Competition breeds innovation and I've long felt that WoW has needed a competitor to push it.

This.

Its honestly a good thing for us if WoW has a few challengers.

Just having the market cornered is not good for innovation.
ESO is the real WoW killer.

It had 5-6 million in beta, has over 2 million right now and it hasn't even been out for a year. Since they recently dropped the Sub fee, you can easily expect double that amount by the end of the year. Then it has the console versions dropping in June which will definitely get about 2-3 million more playing.

That game will have close to 6 million subs in its first year and a half. WoW took 2 years to reach a little over 2-3 million players.
02/27/2015 08:35 AMPosted by Haven
Oo didn't know the new FF was out. Cha CHING!

The new console FF isn't. We are talking about the MMO.
02/27/2015 08:07 AMPosted by Sickening
02/27/2015 07:41 AMPosted by Gateway
In order for something to be a WoW killer, it would have to actually kill WoW. FF14 may have 4 million subscribers at the moment, but it remains to be seen if it can keep them all, and also if it can take any of Warcrafts subscribers. And with it's tiny 4 million players, it's still way below WoWs numbers. Hardly a WoW killer. lol

Again...wow does not have 10 million players...it has 10 million subs. Even if it did have 10 million subs 40% is not a tiny fraction. Lol. Take a 40% pay cut and tell me how tiny that percentage is.

You seem to like trying to correct people while ignoring that the posted FF14 numbers were accounts.

Not current subscribers.

It's still good for them and I wish them the best, and may go check it back out if they're handing out free time.
02/27/2015 08:43 AMPosted by Sampled
02/27/2015 06:28 AMPosted by Lukar
Heh.

I have a subscription for WoW, a subscription for Final Fantasy XIV, and one for SWTOR. Nothing wrong with enjoying multiple MMOs.

I'll always be in favor of WoW having a competitor though. Competition breeds innovation and I've long felt that WoW has needed a competitor to push it.

This.

Its honestly a good thing for us if WoW has a few challengers.

Just having the market cornered is not good for innovation.

Its dangerous to be Goliath when theres a couple of david out there.
02/27/2015 07:47 AMPosted by Hamstar
02/27/2015 06:30 AMPosted by Marilly
WoW started at 4.5 million on the first day! It steadily grew. Hasn't even been down to that level since.

But yea, people do play more than one game.

Lets wait for the 2015 Q1 report.

Could say the same for FF14. Everytime someone bloats about WoWs numbers being up its always "wait til". Nothing says FF14's numbers wont drop in 2 or 3 months.
That game is horrible. It was fun for about 1 day of ultra-boring repetitive combat. It's too bad, because it had a lot of promise.