Holy Wrath not breaking CC

Paladin
12/25/2010 1:22 PMPosted by Rèpent

It generates Holy Power by chance and is part of our actual rotation.

since when does it generate holy power? SINCE WHEN?

There's a talent that gives it 20/40% chance to generate a hopo.
The simplest solution is obviously not to use HW around CC'd stuff. Yes it is retarted that Blizz decides in its ohh so infinite wisdom to make an AoE spell a filler for a single target rotation instead of ohh... I dunno MAKING ANOTHER SINGLE TARGET MOVE! But what do I know I am not a dev I just play this game.
Wow, a lot of negativity toward the OP when he raises a very valid point. Holy wrath is SUPPOSED to be part of our regular rotation, and giving it up is a dps loss and a HP loss. The problem is that it is incredibly stupidly designed. It is not a proper AoE spell, it is a single target spell that splits its damage up if there are additional enemies in range. This has the effect of hitting for a useless amount of damage but also disrupting CC. Lose-lose.

It should be left as a single target spell and only the stun should radiate out, so that it doesn't mess up CC, and it hits for a small but at least noticeable amount of damage.
You're never doing nothing. Even when all single target moves are on cd you're still stacking censure, white hitting, truth hitting, interrupting boss spells, saving the heals, etc.
12/25/2010 1:17 PMPosted by Xavinus
Don't AoE near CCed mobs.

How many times must it be said? HW isn't part of a rotation because there is no rotation. Who cares if not using it is a DPS loss? Topping DPS isn't the name of the game, not dying is. If all you look at is recount, you are bad. WoG'ing a tank when needed or bubbling a healer is also a DPS loss. If everyone is alive and the mobs aren't, then it is a success. DPS only matters in the face of an enrage timer, and there's generally not a lot of CC going on in those situations.

You obviously haven't played in a lot of pugs. Trust me, dps matters very much to not getting kicked from your group. In a perfect world what you say is correct, but we play in a world of leet go-go douchebags.
12/25/2010 3:42 PMPosted by Xavinus
You're never doing nothing. Even when all single target moves are on cd you're still stacking censure, white hitting, truth hitting, interrupting boss spells, saving the heals, etc.

Oh, you know what he meant. Post on your main.
12/25/2010 3:45 PMPosted by Carmie

How many times must it be said? HW isn't part of a rotation because there is no rotation. Who cares if not using it is a DPS loss? Topping DPS isn't the name of the game, not dying is. If all you look at is recount, you are bad. WoG'ing a tank when needed or bubbling a healer is also a DPS loss. If everyone is alive and the mobs aren't, then it is a success. DPS only matters in the face of an enrage timer, and there's generally not a lot of CC going on in those situations.

You obviously haven't played in a lot of pugs. Trust me, dps matters very much to not getting kicked from your group. In a perfect world what you say is correct, but we play in a world of leet go-go douchebags.
Eventually people will learn what's important now. The opinions of douchebags matter very little to me.

12/25/2010 3:48 PMPosted by Carmie

Oh, you know what he meant. Post on your main.
I'll post on whatever toon I like, tyvm.