Why all the hate?

Paladin
I just wanna DPS as a Holy-Spec'd Pally, is that so hard to understand?

I pay my $15 a month, stfu and let me be a damn "Shockadin"

I hate that term.

Stop trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. Neither the peg or the hole will thank you for it.
Because people in heroics groups don't want to carry a person who's dealing 1/4 of the damage a regular DPS can bring. A shockadin has no utility and deals pitiful damage.
12/24/2010 11:25 PMPosted by Nnil
Stop trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. Neither the peg or the hole will thank you for it.

Yay, an original comment! God, I can't believe it was so clear this whole time... just conform and play the game how others want me too. Damn, I was doing it wrong this whole time.

Oh, btw, spot me $30? My game card is up soon and I need a new one.
12/24/2010 11:28 PMPosted by Ardair
Because people in heroics groups don't want to carry a person who's dealing 1/4 of the damage a regular DPS can bring. A shockadin has no utility and deals pitiful damage.

Good sir, quote me please, at the line I typed where I said I'd be running heroics...

If you're not running heroics, then nobody cares what you do. Why are you complaining about people hating on it when you're not affecting anyone then?

I leveled as Holy from 80-85. Was it efficient? No not really, but it's how I felt like leveling.

I just don't get what the problem is if you're playing by yourself. You can do whatever you want.
Tbh, I just came here out of boredom while I wait to log on.

Don't care what you asshats say about my spec or how I play.

When I rolfstomp you out of some animorphicorgasmicjizzfilled#*%#fest and have to toss you a rag to clean off your face at the end of it all.... well lets just say I enjoy playing "Shockadin" and enjoy the bashing, haters think means anything, even more.

animorphicorgasmicjizzfilled#*%#fest, I just wanted type it one more time.
12/24/2010 11:35 PMPosted by Ardair
If you're not running heroics, then nobody cares what you do. Why are you complaining about people hating on it when you're not affecting anyone then?

I leveled as Holy from 80-85. Was it efficient? No not really, but it's how I felt like leveling.

I just don't get what the problem is if you're playing by yourself. You can do whatever you want.

I lol'd hard...

Do you log on to only run heroics? How pathetic. But, here I am, telling you that how you play the game is pathetic, in a thread where I am telling others not to tell me how to play the game.

Double standards.

@*#! yes.
You ask "Why all the hate?" and then you put out more hatred than anyone here.

Maybe the hate you get has nothing to do with your spec.

Yeah!!! who wants to bring ret since we only deal 1/4 the dama...wait, shockadin? They haven't stopped playing so holy can finally become a full healing try like it should be?
dont feed the troll, just let him run around holy shocking people and then dying, although, when leveling i went shockadin and was destroying people in world pvp, maybe im just fly like a g6
12/24/2010 11:57 PMPosted by Ðexter

Yeah!!! who wants to bring ret since we only deal 1/4 the dama...wait, shockadin? They haven't stopped playing so holy can finally become a full healing try like it should be?

My heroic static goes with not one, but two ret Paladins. We're special.
12/24/2010 11:25 PMPosted by Nnil

What if it's a round hole with a diameter EXACTLY the slightest bit larger than the square's cross sectional diagonal?

...that is, where the square just happens to fit exactly perfect. ^_^

OP: Honestly, it's just the way the system works. Bliz doesn't like the idea of a holy elemental nuker for whatever reason. I mean, you'd think Priests would get the capacity, yet they don't.

Another complication is having a DPS tree mixed with a healing tree. Out of ALL the 30 trees in the game, only one does two things, and that's the Druid Feral tree (melee DPS and tanking), and THAT tree is separated by two forms which prioritize slightly different stats so that one can't do both jobs optimally at the same time with the same spec.

Having a tree that could simultaneously deal damage respectably and heal respectably might cause problems. In PvP it would be OP, and in PvE it would cause difficulty in balancing encounters since a Holy Paladin could be both an extra healer AND an extra damage dealer. So a 10 man would, effectively, have 10.5 people in it, for example. And if all 10 were Paladins, you could have some weird 14 man power level in a 10 man environment (presumably the two tanks would be Tankadins. ^_^)

I think a HS+Exo caster would be kind of cool, and I've wanted to play a holy caster since I started this game. But there are just too many complications.

Oh yeah, and there are a lot of @$$hats that will chew you out for just mentioning it. Ignore them, they're jerks.

However, there is logic to their position. They're either too stupid to get it or too jerkish to share it, but it's there.

...and I basically told you just now. ^_^

One COULD make an argument for Ret being turned into a caster/melee tree (being able to do the two flavors of DPS), but HS isn't in Ret, and Bliz (as well as the playerbase) has the mindset of Ret being melee only due to the Paladin archetype.

Note, however, that I don't mention plate armor.

The reason for this is that there are already two casters in mail equivalent armor (Ele Shamans and Boomkin), and that's not counting Hunter's ranged DPS role, which is also in mail. Due to the normalizing done by Bliz, armor itself isn't as big of a gulf anymore, so the plate argument doesn't really hold that much water. Not to mention that, even if Paladins DID have a caster role in Ret or some such, they don't have CC ability, which would negate the armor advantage. A Frost Mage is in cloth, but this doesn't really matter since they can lock melee down so well that the armor never becomes an issue to begin with.

For all intents and purposes, CC = armor. If you have more of one (Paladins have more armor), you get less of the other (we've never had very much in the way of CC.) So this balance wouldn't be upset in giving the plate wearing Paladin a caster role since they have no kiting ability to speak of, nor any CC that offers them much chance to open up distance against a determined attacker.
12/24/2010 11:20 PMPosted by Zombrex

I hate that term.

1/10

too obvious
12/24/2010 11:20 PMPosted by Zombrex

I hate that term.

The term is either "Noobadin" or "Faceroll-adin"
Awesome heals and not letting anyone die, ever, regardless of how bad of a healer you have is no utility at all.

@OP - /ignore the haters, like you said, you pay your $15 a month, play how you wanna play.
12/25/2010 1:35 PMPosted by Xavinus
you pay your $15 a month, play how you wanna play.

Gtfo and go play runescape
Wow! this Zombrex really seems to have some anger issues. Greenfly, good point :) And, yes, I agree, don't feed the troll. If he wants to play alone, let him have his holy (mini-)dps build and when nobody wants to play with him, hopefully he'll realize the folly of his ways.
You're right, you do pay your fifteen dollars a month. With your fifteen dollars you say you want to play a shockadin. That's your opinion and you are, of course, entitled to it.

I also pay fifteen dollars a month, and with my fifteen dollars a month I say you can't have your god damn shockadin. Thus my fifteen dollars cancels out your fifteen dollars.

Deal with it.