Am I a bad pally for not using a shield?

Paladin
I won the epic off hand boe, and equipped it because it was a significant upgrade to what i was using >.>

There were no casters that could use it in group, so I didn't feel too bad for taking it
Thoughts and opinions?
upgrade is upgrade
I would say its fine, since

1. It was an upgrade

2. There were no casters that needed it more than you

No. PvE healing does not need armor.
Are they pretty flowers? No?

Bad paladin, bad. No biscuit.

(Seriously, an upgrade's an upgrade. You're not -- or shouldn't -- be taking damage that's mitigatable by block or armor as a healer anyhow.)
Thanks to sexy off-hand +int chants, I find that non-shield off-hand gear is very good for holy pallys. Of course a shield is nice thanks to a big extra slab of armor, but hey, OBVIOUS UPGRADE IS OBVIOUS. :) Merry Chrismas btw.
Depending on your server's prices, it might have been better to sell the offhand and buy an Elementium Stormshield, but just equipping it is fine too for PvE.

This is wrong.

12/25/2010 7:15 AMPosted by Zephyrius
1. It was an upgrade

This is right.
12/25/2010 8:11 AMPosted by Rehgallag
Thanks to sexy off-hand +int chants, I find that non-shield off-hand gear is very good for holy pallys.

You know you can enchant a shield with +100 int too, right? It's an "off-hand" item. Try it, rejoice.
It's less of a crime now that +100 int goes on your off-hand as well as your shield.

Next, they need to open up ranged enchants for thrown weapons.
well technically rogues can put poisons on their thrown wep now thats a start :D

edit: engineers also have scopes amirite? that somewhat counts as a enchant :p
12/25/2010 8:55 AMPosted by Skake

This is wrong.

12/25/2010 7:15 AMPosted by Zephyrius
1. It was an upgrade

This is right.

Oh please. If you want to take it literally then I suppose zero armor would be a bad thing, but in reality even all cloth would work, so saying you "need" it is probably an overstatement even in the extreme.

However, if you're even looking at how much armor an item gives you when considering whether or not to use it as a PvE Holy Paladin, you're definitely positively doing it wrong.
12/25/2010 10:24 AMPosted by Geranth
well technically rogues can put poisons on their thrown wep now thats a start :D

edit: engineers also have scopes amirite? that somewhat counts as a enchant :p

Scopes don't go on thrown weapons. Trust me, I'm an engineer.
12/25/2010 10:21 AMPosted by Jantilla
It's less of a crime now that +100 int goes on your off-hand as well as your shield.

And relics for those of us who can't use ranged weapons. A warrior can enchant his gun/bow, why can't I enchant my book?
12/25/2010 3:50 PMPosted by Xavinus

And relics for those of us who can't use ranged weapons. A warrior can enchant his gun/bow, why can't I enchant my book?

This is slightly different. I'm pretty sure the item budget for Relics is better than that for guns.
Now that we can enchant offhands, no it really does not matter at all.

Some might even say you should pass to casters because we have access to shields... well they have access to staff weapons and we don't... I don't really see a problem with it.
wear all cloth and im going to laugh hard, youre preventing yourself from alot of benefit from the armor mastery