Rated BGs Now Award Honor at Conquest Cap

Battlegrounds
Prev 1 2 3 9 Next
Not awarding losses for wins would do more to get people in rated battlegrounds.
Just fix the damn things and we'll start doing them again. If Ragnaros was stuck in a wall it would be hotfixed immediately. Rated BG's have been broken for well over a week.
12/29/2010 10:30 AMPosted by Evall
I know a great solution to promote continued play. Allow us to queue for rated BG's using the random BG feature as a pug.

Do you think you stand even a semblance of a chance against a group that is fully coordinated and better geared? Do you really want to bring the plague of unrated BGs to this enviornment?
Hey blizz, how about putting rated bgs on an even footing with arenas towards getting a rating that will actually give more conquest points. Just a thought...
So Rateds are still broken? Losses for wins is FUN!
12/29/2010 6:33 PMPosted by Malzar
Do you think you stand even a semblance of a chance against a group that is fully coordinated and better geared? Do you really want to bring the plague of unrated BGs to this enviornment?

A glaring issue is if they did allow pugs to queue it would basically create an environment where premade teams for which rated was made for would exist largely for the pug's enjoyment.

A pug group would likely have no discernible rating and in turn not give anything to the TEAM that beat them. Wasting the teams time (long 30 minute queue if you're horde) for nothing.

So no. No 5 man pug queue for RATED bg's.
asdf
Thanks, this is exactly what we had asked for in another thread. :)<br/>
Rated BGs also need to award more rating per match early on. In 2s I earn 98 rating for winning my first match (0 to 98 rating). A 5 min game maybe. In rated BGs I earn 67 rating for winning my first match (0 to 67 rating). A 25 min game. That grind is very discouraging. It would also help however if we were to start at a higher rating so there's less grind time.
I mean seriously, how hard is it to make it so wins don't give losses?
aye I would love to see honor in arena once we hit the cap

rated bg's are logistically near impossible for a huge percentage of players

edit: well impossible to form up a team that would actually accomplish anything vs the ease of arena
I don't see any reason to allow people to pug queue.

What we do need though is cross server teams. Some sort of interface where you can browse through players X-server who want to do a rated BG then form a team from them on the spot.

That alone would be a huge upgrade. Just last night we wanted to do a group but getting together 15 people on a normal server is often rough.
12/29/2010 10:07 AMPosted by Bashiok
Whether you’re capped and others on your team aren’t, or you’re all capped and just want to keep playing, we hope this change will allow more flexibility for those participating in Rated Battlegrounds.

People would play if every game didn't count as a loss upon winning...
Rated Bg is almost imposible in drakkari. Pug would be a solution for bg players. But.. i was thinking, maybe u could play a rated bg pug, then achieve some ranking, then wow should match up with players of the same ranking.
that was my idea for rated bg before the real one came out.
or.. it could let u queue with 5 players and match u up with other 5 players teams.

the way it is right now its useless.
if that change is made bg pvp players will live in there.

kr
Great idea. But what about all the rating I didn't get last week due to the bug on Rated BGs? Im still waiting for it
as of last night when my team went 2-0 rated bgs are still not awarding wins or ratings. At least not for teams from Proudmoore in BG9
Cool, now do it for arenas!
Better yet, instead of fixing the win loss records just tap on 1800 honor, who needs rateings?
1 - Is the honor standard BG if your at cap? It seems there should be a benefit for playing against premades and assembling a large team. I hope Blizz was kind enough to throw in the Random BG bonus honor as you cannot choose the BG you get (or even a call to arms bonus).

2 - I think its hard to get a regular group of 10 players alternating with 15 every other week. This should be addressed in some way. Maybe as was suggested in this thread make it 5/10/15 man composite teams, or 15 and 10 all the time with 15 giving a kicker.

Can we get this same thing with arena? I'm sure hardcore arena-ers will laugh at that. But, I like to (VERY) casually arena with a friend, and it'd be nice to earn SOMETHING after we hit conquest cap for the week.

12/30/2010 8:55 AMPosted by Nobodygnomes
2 - I think its hard to get a regular group of 10 players alternating with 15 every other week. This should be addressed in some way. Maybe as was suggested in this thread make it 5/10/15 man composite teams, or 15 and 10 all the time with 15 giving a kicker.

And I agree with this. It's just like forcing a raiding guild to raid a 25 man one week, and a 10 man the next.