Lone Wolf and Stampede interaction bug.

Hunter
I have identified a bug with Lone Wolf and stampede interactions. the issue seems to tie into what pets are in the active stable slots and having a Beast Mastery exclusive pets in slot 1.

After some testing I found that when a BM Exclusive pet such as a Spirit Beast is in active stable slot 1 issues occur so long as Lone Wolf is selected as a talent. Namely the number of pets summoned by stampede is reduced by the number of Beast Mastery Exclusive pets within the Active Stable.

It should be noted that having a "normal" pet in slot 1 fixes all these and makes stampede behave as expected. Choosing another talent over Lone Wolf also produced expected results.

Note: I am not using the minor glyph of stampede.

Here are some scenarios and their results.

Survival spec: Having Stampede, Focusing Shot
Active Stable: Spirit Beast in slot 1, a wolf pet in slot 2, Spirit Beasts in slots 3,4 and 5
Summon Wolf pet.
Stampede used Summons 4 copies of the wolf giving a total of 5 wolves
Expected Results: 5 wolves.

Survival spec: Having Stampede, Lone Wolf
Active Stable: Spirit Beast in slot 1, a wolf pet in slot 2, Spirit Beasts in slots 3, 4 and 5
Stampede used summoned Summons 1 wolf
Expected Results: 5 wolves.

Active Stable: Spirit Beast in slot 1, a wolf pet in slot 2, a boar in slot 3, Spirit Beasts in slots 4 and 5
Stampede used summoned Summons 1 wolf and 1 boar
Expected Results: 1 wolf, 1 boar, and 3 additional copies of one of the two

Active Stable: Spirit Beast in slot 1, a wolf pet in slot 2, a boar in slot 3, a serpent in slot 4, and a Spirit Beast in slot 5
Stampede used summoned Summons 1 wolf , 1 boar, and 1 serpent
Expected Results: 1 wolf, 1 boar, 1 serpent, and 2 additional copies of one of the three.

Active Stable: Spirit Beast in slot 1, a wolf pet in slot 2, a boar in slot 3, a serpent in slot 4, and a cat in slot 5
Stampede used summoned Summons 1 wolf , 1 boar, and 1 serpent
Expected Results: 1 wolf, 1 boar, 1 serpent, 1 cat, and 1 additional copies of one of the four.

Not a major issue I suppose as there is a work around but it should be made known that if you do not have a non-Beast Mastery Exclusive pet in slot 1 of your Active Stable then Stampede will not function as expected.
Additional scenario tested

5 spirit beasts in active stable. Stampede summons no pets. This I imagine is expected but was rather curious and wished to do it for completeness sakes anyway. Was done... FOR SCIENCE!
I think this has pretty much always been the case, but I didn't play MoP so I can't comment about that. I guess just make sure a non-exotic pet is in slot 1
02/28/2015 03:07 PMPosted by Liltwix
I think this has pretty much always been the case, but I didn't play MoP so I can't comment about that. I guess just make sure a non-exotic pet is in slot 1

Not really as we didn't have Lone Wolf in MoP. as a survival or MM off spec you'd have an active pet and even if the four others were spirit beasts or whatever bm pet and no matter hat slot the stampede would copy the summoned pet.
Hunter (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)

General
Fixed an issue where having an exotic pet in the first stable slot prevented duplicates of non-exotic pets from spawning during Stampede for non-Beast Mastery Hunters.

yay bug found and squashed!
I am curious how it works now post-fix though, I'm not in-game to try it out for myself. If all 5 of your pet slots are filled with BM only exotics, what pet does it choose to summon for stampede? Something random like how it already selects a random environment appropriate pet for Dire Beast?