So there's actually a proper fire bug ATM

Mage
If there's a blue user scrolling over this please read, for this actually costs fire mages dps. It might have something to do with the tier 2 bonus, but I'm not sure. Basically if you start a rotation off by casting a fireball and an inferno blast straight after, and then start spamming fireball, you actually cant get an instant cast pyro blast no matter how many times you cast fireball. I tested it for about 20 fireball casts and for some reason it just keeps removing the heating up buff after every fireball. So if you get this bug, you have to say, blow two inferno blasts just to get out of that 'bug'. Weird things, but it needs a fix. Happened a few times now, and my fireballs were definitely critting
Just tested this. Unless I misunderstood I proved it wrong right away. I began casting fireball, as soon as it released i inferno blasted (my original fireball didnt crit) I then kept casting nothing but fireball and 2 fireballs later it crit and popped pyro

EDIT: if it matters i have 4 set
Correct me if I'm wrong but if you multistrike on the fireball you loose the heating up buff.
that might be it tbh
Multistrike doesn't interact with Heating Up.
Are you sure you had 2 Fireballs crit back to back? What you described sounds like normal operating procedure for fire with low crit rate. Pyroblast! only procs if you get consecutive crits, so if you get a fireball crit and the next fireball does not crit it will remove Heating Up by design. You have Inferno Blast to force hot streaks now (use it when you have Heating Up procs and the 100% crit from IB will give you Pyroblast!).
03/04/2015 08:25 AMPosted by Raencloud
Are you sure you had 2 Fireballs crit back to back? What you described sounds like normal operating procedure for fire with low crit rate. Pyroblast! only procs if you get consecutive crits, so if you get a fireball crit and the next fireball does not crit it will remove Heating Up by design. You have Inferno Blast to force hot streaks now (use it when you have Heating Up procs and the 100% crit from IB will give you Pyroblast!).

This.

Original poster has only 742 crit unbuffed. With such low crit it's not surprising that you rarely get 2 back-to-back fireball crits. What's happening is you're getting a crit, seeing heating up, then getting a non-crit which removes the heating up.

Original poster also only tried a sample size of 20 fireballs. With low crit and such a small sample it's not too surprising he didn't get any back-to-back fireball crits and therefore no pyroblast procs.

Once you get heating up you should infernoblast which will give you a guaranteed second crit and a guaranteed pyroblast proc.

High mastery with relatively low crit works for fire on AOE fights, but is rather frustrating on single-target. For fire to really shine on single-target we need super-high crit rates like we had at the end of last expansion (50%+ crit rates... *DROOL*)