WET Community Lounge 21

World’s End Tavern: Role-play and Fan Fiction
Prev 1 20 21 22 25 Next
03/20/2015 07:10 AMPosted by Urók
My theater teacher made our class watch a play so that none of us could get home until just before midnight and still insists we show up to class at 8:00.

That should give you at least 6 hours of sleep. You'll be ok.

Just think, some people go weeks with only 30 minutes to an hour a day at max.....then others never sleep more than 4hrs a night (like me).

I am NOT calling you lazy, but too many people are.
03/20/2015 08:23 AMPosted by Saiylen
03/20/2015 07:10 AMPosted by Urók
My theater teacher made our class watch a play so that none of us could get home until just before midnight and still insists we show up to class at 8:00.

Just think, some people go weeks with only 30 minutes to an hour a day at max.....then others never sleep more than 4hrs a night (like me).

I am NOT calling you lazy, but too many people are.

College and university teachers are notorious for this though, especially in programs where you are chained to their bidding.

We had a clinical instructor who routinely held his students over. 2-9 was the clinical times and he would have them there until 10-10:30. The students would have clinicals the next day as well, and clinical paperwork that they have to do before the second clinical day, not to mention the clinical paperwork was due at the end of the second day overall.

Add into the mix students with 60-90 minute commutes one way, which of course he had 5 out of 8 students like that and you now have no time for your family, dinner, sleep. His excuse "In the real world, you will never get out on time." But in the real world, his students would be: 1-Getting paid, 2-Staying over till 8-8:30 which is 30-60 minutes over at most, 3-If they get out late, it is because they fell behind, not because YOU waited until 9 to start painstakingly check every section of their charting.

I understand going over by 10, 15, even 30 minutes once in a while, but not 60-90 every single thursday and friday.

Sometimes high school instructors do that too. I would get so mad, because if I did not make the bus, I had no parents at home available to come get me.

And the answer to the riddle. 24 going on 25 this year. Woo! Cheaper car insurance!
If you genuinely feel that 4hrs is your natural rest needs that's fine, but you're also a fully developed adult, and your current needs are established for maintenance, not growth, like the number of teens, and early 20-somethings on this board. While a young person might have a slightly easier time of rebounding from a night's sleep deficit than we can, it's not a practice you should seem to encourage. Regular or prolonged sleep deprivation can result in a variety of mental and physical health issues. It's something young people already feel they can subject themselves to without detriment, and when you get older, a good night's sleep is something some of us covet with great longing.
Today is one of the luckiest days of my life.

http://imgur.com/lrTcRmm
If by luck you mean you won a raffle, or someone just walked up to you and handed the items over, yeah that would be lucky, but if you if you merely exchanged currency for goods, that's just shopping.
03/20/2015 06:49 PMPosted by Brandbombe
If by luck you mean you won a raffle, or someone just walked up to you and handed the items over, yeah that would be lucky, but if you if you merely exchanged currency for goods, that's just shopping.

I don't think you know about the whole amiibo craze. These items are really hard to find, and for me to randomly find them in my store is really lucky considering some of those are long discontinued. I almost had a heart attack when I found these.
03/20/2015 06:53 PMPosted by Mokron
I don't think you know about the whole amiibo craze.
You got that right, but there's no accounting for "collectors", they're just into what their into. Enjoy!
03/20/2015 09:58 AMPosted by Brandbombe
If you genuinely feel that 4hrs is your natural rest needs that's fine, but you're also a fully developed adult, and your current needs are established for maintenance, not growth, like the number of teens, and early 20-somethings on this board. While a young person might have a slightly easier time of rebounding from a night's sleep deficit than we can, it's not a practice you should seem to encourage. Regular or prolonged sleep deprivation can result in a variety of mental and physical health issues. It's something young people already feel they can subject themselves to without detriment, and when you get older, a good night's sleep is something some of us covet with great longing.

Brandy, your intellectual prowess is so impressive it is borderline attractive. However, IRL I am a Soldier. I have been there and back and through it again and this is what has influenced my sleeping habits.

I am also aware of the rest needs of younger physical bodies. However, it is also my FIRM belief that the ever softening nature of the American people is going to end up drastically bad for our country, and due to this I harbor no patience for those without the drive to be the best they can be. And I am not talking about failing and whining about "I gave it my best", I'm talking about the attitude of "whatever it takes to be #1, regardless of how many times I fall, I will get back up until I succeed."

I teach my children that the difference between a loser and a winner is that a winner gets back up.
So using my strange and convoluted logic, I've discovered reasons for why I need to become exalted with every single last reputation on my list that I haven't become exalted with. All 16 of them, except for the Arakkoa Outcasts. So I come to you, WET lounge. If you were to create a death knight, why would you feel the desire to become exalted with them?

To note, for the last 16 reputations I haven't gotten exalted with, they fall under one of four qualifications: needing to improve my frost powers, improving my relations with the horde, improving relations with the forsaken, and obligation to one of the above reasons. The Arakkoa Outcasts don't fall under any of those qualifications, and for the most part are an anomaly.
03/20/2015 09:27 PMPosted by Saiylen
intellectual prowess is so impressive it is borderline attractive
Borderline? Try sayin' that one to your wife! "I don't love you for your mind: brains are only borderline attractive."
Heheheheheheh.

But on the subject of sleep, 8hrs is an average, but some people need less and some need more. It's not a matter of whether your "soft" or "tough" or "not trying", it's a matter of biology, and to be the best you can be requires adequate, quality sleep, diet, and physical activity. As a soldier, you've more than likely recognized the detriment of the imbalance of all three in physique and mental acuity in your peers and in yourself after a return from tour and the prolonged extremes of the experience.

On the subject of child rearing, I can't really discuss, as I have none of my own, but mostly, at this point in my nephew's adolescent youth I just try to encourage him to stay open-minded to everything, and rise to his challenges.
As far as the sleep thing goes, personally I can function off 4 hours of sleep but I feel terrible all day. I need at least 6 to dodge a killer headache and 8 if I'm going to be at my best.

Just because I can function on less doesn't mean it's healthy. Insufficient sleep can actually trigger migraines in some people too.
03/21/2015 12:05 AMPosted by Seyl
As far as the sleep thing goes, personally I can function off 4 hours of sleep but I feel terrible all day. I need at least 6 to dodge a killer headache and 8 if I'm going to be at my best.

Just because I can function on less doesn't mean it's healthy. Insufficient sleep can actually trigger migraines in some people too.

i know the feeling.
So Im pretty sure I have the best bf ever.

Not biased or anything either.

How are you all doing tonight?
03/21/2015 01:55 AMPosted by Fluffbuttons
So Im pretty sure I have the best bf ever.

Not biased or anything either.

How are you all doing tonight?

alot is going on, im playing other games out of boredom.
03/21/2015 01:56 AMPosted by Dârak
alot is going on, im playing other games out of boredom.

Awwww.

I get my computer back Wed so I can actually get back into playing as I want to. Im so going to tear up all the things as soon as I can.

Oh and Fluff here will likely be transferring servers.

Midnight is when I got to start doing homework. I had about four hours of sleep. I know other people get less sleep more frequently, but those people aren't always the happiest or at the top of their game. My parents have also been routinely keeping me up this week, so I have had an average of six to five hours of sleep each night. I am eating a couple hundred under normal Calorie levels and exercising for around two hours each day. Suffice to say, I am tired.
03/21/2015 03:00 AMPosted by Fluffbuttons
Awwww.

I get my computer back Wed so I can actually get back into playing as I want to. Im so going to tear up all the things as soon as I can.

Oh and Fluff here will likely be transferring servers.

i have been interested in warhammer games as of late tbh.
So I'm kind of out of touch when it comes to the facets of Battle.net. Buttons, you asked people to send you a message before adding you, but I can't seem to find an option saying where to add them. It just asks if I want to "Send Request" and that's it.

Edit: Also here's my Battletag if anyone wants to add me: Vynathlon#1799
Oh, what the hell.