Warcraft Movie - One Year From Today

General Discussion
1 2 3 6 Next
HYPE
I will be waiting for it to hit Blu-ray before I even see it. I don't do movie theaters. But I do want to see it.
Yeah......video game movies.......
I try not to hype too much because of what Takhisiss just said. I am excited though.
On one hand, as a faithful fan of the Warcraft franchise, I want it to be excellent and something I'll be glad I saw in the theaters. On the other hand, the more literal hand, it'll probably be a massive failure and I'll greatly regret wearing my WoW shirt to the showing. But hey, here's to hoping that the more literal hand is wrong.
I consider them very brave, yet also very foolish, for making the attempt. I may be inclined to get it from Netflix or something one day.
O I thought it was coming out this year....I should learn to read better.
03/11/2015 08:46 AMPosted by Takhisiss

Implying Resident Evil didn't set the new standard for VG based movies

Implying that the reason movies based on vidya fail doesn't have 100% to do with Uwe Boll
It'll be cool, but ho hype. Somehow I think they'll make the elves look like asses BTW.
03/11/2015 09:08 AMPosted by Hêrpdêrp

Implying that the reason movies based on vidya fail doesn't have 100% to do with Uwe Boll

Uwe Boll had nothing to with Mario Brothers, Street Fighter, Tomb Raider and I'm sure I'm missing others.

Also, seriously, Resident Evil movies vs the games? Good lord.
03/11/2015 09:10 AMPosted by Springrunner
It'll be cool, but ho hype. Somehow I think they'll make the elves look like asses BTW.

They look like bamfs in the movie actually.

Edit: Found a drawing somebody did of the trailer elves since it never leaked from Blizzcon;
http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2014/november/wcMovieArt11.jpg
03/11/2015 09:12 AMPosted by Schwert
03/11/2015 09:10 AMPosted by Springrunner

They look like bamfs in the movie actually.

Edit: Found a drawing somebody did of the trailer elves since it never leaked from Blizzcon;
http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2014/november/wcMovieArt11.jpg

Oh, I didn't mean physically. I mean they'll show up for 2 seconds to be insufferable morons.
Movies based on video games are notorious for being awful, so all they have to do is make an average movie and it will be a resounding success. "Not terrible" is a pretty low bar, but many have failed to achieve it.
Expect to be underwhelmed.

resident movies are terrible. So if resident evil set the standard for video game movies........./puke.
Hype is not the word I would use.
Stop this madness

The Last Airbender
Resident Evil
Dragonball Evolution
And now... World of Warcraft.

Please no
03/11/2015 09:26 AMPosted by Takhisiss

resident movies are terrible. So if resident evil set the standard for video game movies........./puke.

Terrible

Anyone involved with the series could literally drown themselves in just the royalties they've made

...just because it didn't win the Oscar for Best Picture doesn't make it a 'terrible' movie or a terrible series.

Stop being an edgelord and hating things that the majority have enjoyed just because the majority have enjoyed them.
03/11/2015 09:32 AMPosted by Hêrpdêrp
...resident movies are terrible. So if resident evil set the standard for video game movies........./puke.

Terrible

Anyone involved with the series could literally drown themselves in just the royalties they've made

...just because it didn't win the Oscar for Best Picture doesn't make it a 'terrible' movie or a terrible series.

Stop being an edgelord and hating things that the majority have enjoyed just because the majority have enjoyed them.
not being edgy, and they don't need to win an oscar. The first two movies were decent. After those that entire series went in the toilet. Fans and critics alike hate those movies. Along with other terrible video game movies. They're bad.