Cancel your account

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 53 Next
12/27/2010 11:43 PMPosted by Rawrbert

The step from regular to heroic is nonsensical. If you are not one of the lead systems designer's over-powered pet classes it is unlikely that you will be able to generate enough DPS to survive a heroic boss encounter.

How many times have you done the normal version of the dungeons? How familiar are you with the mechanics of the dungeon and the boss fights?

Do you ask for raids to be nerfed because you cannot clear them with ease after doing 1-2 heroics?

The step from regular to heroic is reasonable considering the gear and skill of people who are only 3 weeks into the game.

Of course better gear will help; but, it is only obtainable in the heroic encounters or as PVP rewards.

Factually incorrect. Epics are available from quartermasters.
Heroics don't even drop epics. They drop ilvl 346, the same ilvl as Justice Points gear. You can get Justice Points by doing random normal dungeons.

You can get rep with a faction by putting on their tabard and doing level 85 dungeons. You can even do dailies associated with that faction, such as in Deepholm and Twilight Highlands.

You can even buy BOE blues from the AH, or obtain ilvl 333 blue quest rewards from questing.

This is proof that you don't know what you're talking about.

In a couple of months, perhaps crafted epic gear will be widely available.

Crafted epic gear is already available if you are a crafter.

The new hard mode heroics will still require you to stand in front of beams or avoid tornadoes or other similar nonsense. Absolute folderol if you happen to be a caster. ("You want my Moonkin to do what?!?")

Oh my goodness, how hard is it to step out of fire? Raids already require you to do that. You cannot ask for raids to be nerfed so that you can just dps and do nothing else.

Perhaps if enough of us cancel, the VP of Finances will be able to put an end to the wrong-headed mindset and persuade the lead systems designers that their "cruel and unusual" dungeons be revamped.

Maybe many of the systems designers could be made to tank and heal the heroic dungeons on various servers to eliminate the almost 1 hour long queues!

Wishful thinking? Join our little financial revolution and let's see!

You are too addicted to remain canceled for long. If you cannot handle WoW, there is no MMO in existence that you can handle. Except games like Farmville.

Can't handle heroics? Do normal. Plenty of things for people to do to get gear outside of heroics.

So what happened to bring the player not the class? some classes lack cc.

Those who lack CC have other options, such as off tanking or pets for crowd control. Also, in most pulls you only need 1 or 2 mobs cc, thus allowing a third slot for those without good CC options.
<removed>
12/28/2010 12:29 AMPosted by Lilíth

You might have to spend more time in normal dungeons than you did before if you want a very relaxing dungeon experience right now, before you jump into Heroics determined to succeed with ease. The difficulty of this expansion is on a different level right now, but it's still nowhere near the gap between five-player dungeons and raiding which existed in the original release, and to a lesser extent The Burning Crusade.

If you expect a quick, mellow run through Heroic dungeons -- which provide quite powerful gear given we're on the first Cataclysm raid tier -- this early in the entire lifespan of this expansion, you might want to consider collecting items and gear via normal dungeons and other means before regularly hopping into the Heroic queue. They're not super-unfriendly toward casual players, but they do require casual players to exercise skill and proper social/leadership skills.

Maybe if you get lumped in a group with 3 warriors and a paladin healer, but the chance of that happening is minimal. I've completed many heroics with a warrior or dk in the group. Obviously you can't bring nothing but Warriors/DKs and still expect to do amazing. Bring the player only extends so far.
12/28/2010 12:18 AMPosted by Zarhym
We enjoy being in dungeons that you can get off work, log in with your friends and play for a couple hours and get something accomplished, rather than gnashing our teeth and banging our head against a wall in pre-raid content. Hardcore players had their raids and casuals had their heroics. Now hardcores have their raids, and hardcores have their heroics...Well if you don't throw casuals a bone what do you think happens?

You might have to spend more time in normal dungeons than you did before if you want a very relaxing dungeon experience right now, before you jump into Heroics determined to succeed with ease. The difficulty of this expansion is on a different level right now, but it's still nowhere near the gap between five-player dungeons and raiding which existed in the original release, and to a lesser extent The Burning Crusade.

If you expect a quick, mellow run through Heroic dungeons -- which provide quite powerful gear given we're on the first Cataclysm raid tier -- this early in the entire lifespan of this expansion, you might want to consider collecting items and gear via normal dungeons and other means before regularly hopping into the Heroic queue. They're not super-unfriendly toward casual players, but they do require casual players to exercise skill and proper social/leadership skills.

Ignore all the "cancel to teach them a lesson" garbage. Some of the people that were inherently spoiled by the face roll that was a WotLK heroic (shouldn't even be called heroic) are just upset that they can't ding to level cap and jump into instant grinding for points to grab their T11 in a week.

You have finally brought us back to the step up system we need. People can no longer jump into heroics with quest greens and expect to survive. Is it annoying to get these people in the groups? Absolutely, which is why there needs to be an auto kick from rdf/lfg groups when a persons equipped iLvL is less than the minimum. People still wearing wrath epics and quest greens should not be in heroics, they need to be in regs and stay there until they get the gear they need.

Thanks
12/28/2010 12:31 AMPosted by Harx
I do wish there was more then 3 normals to grind for rep gear in. I havent been in heroics yet because I am not feeling ready even tho im almost 340 Ilvl. I want rep gear first. But only 3 dungeons to grind rep in gets old fast.

This is the biggest problem. Blizzard keeps telling us to run normals. They only gave us freaking three normals. Either stop telling us to run normals and nerf heroics so we have something more than just three dungeons to go into, or at least provide normal 85 versions of Deadmines and SFK.
[quote="16574329182"]News flash. Not every class has a CC. This creates a major problem for those said classes which involves it being impossible for them to go into a instance as a DPS spec. People WILL NOT run heroics without 3 people capable of CCing.

Every class has CC. For some it's called tanking. Harsh, I know, but people can't complain about 40 minute queues on one hand, then expect to be able to push the pure dps out of their jobs entirely.
12/27/2010 11:51 PMPosted by Blackriver
Please do quit, all of you who are complaining about Heroics, so we don't have to group with you anymore. I much prefer grouping with people who actually realize that Heroics are supposed to be challenging, especially at this stage in the game, and put in the appropriate amount of effort.

This.

And btw, am I the only one who laughed my ass off that OP is a dps druid complaining about how "hard" heroics are?? The Wrath crybabies strike again. And if anyone feels the same way as OP, I strongly suggest you quit, or don't do heroics the second dungeon finder will let you in.

Dude...seriously...I'm a *%@!ing holy priest and heroics aren't that hard. And I know a LOT of holy/disc priests who feel the same. If you know even the tiniest bit about healing balance right now, you would know that says something. Even when I barely started doing them, I never once got overly frustrated by them. The people crying about heroics being "hard" are all the Wrath babies who have no clue what a challenge is.

12/28/2010 12:31 AMPosted by Kreyain
News flash. Not every class has a CC. This creates a major problem for those said classes which involves it being impossible for them to go into a instance as a DPS spec. People WILL NOT run heroics without 3 people capable of CCing.

Run in plenty of heroics where we only CC one or two of the mobs. You statement is false. I am people, and I will run heroics without 3 people capable of CCing. Also, as I stated before, those without CC have other options which can take pressure off the tank.
I came back because the game has gotten a bit harder. Wrath was a boring expansion....way to easy.

So please join us in cancelling our accounts until Blizzard comes up with content for the vast majority of it's paid subscription base; the casual player.

You're not a casual you are a scrub. Casual means you do not schedule what times you play the game and simply get on when you have free time and does not mean you are bad at the game. A casual that is skilled at playing his class and makes good use of his time can easily tackle hardmode content and keep up with more hardcore players. Scrub means you lack the mental ability to make split second decisions and adapt to a dynamic, challenging encounter.

Don't insult casuals by saying you are one of them. Just turn your exp off at 80 and find a Wrath guild if you need training wheels.
12/28/2010 12:32 AMPosted by Ebberk

Those who lack CC have other options, such as off tanking or pets for crowd control. Also, in most pulls you only need 1 or 2 mobs cc, thus allowing a third slot for those without good CC options.

To be fair off tanking is kinda hard on the healer now that we have to closely monitor while we cast.
Ok Here is my take in this. I see why the OP is frustrated, but this is my reason for liking the current heroics. It made me into a better player and actually understand my class better. I am looking at heroics as raid bosses since mechanics are very much similar.

think of it as training.

Here is another example to apply IRL. You are driving a car, you are about to make a turn left. You go just about the car beside you goes first and LOS any chance of another car hitting you by using that other car as a shield as you turn left.

Then as you do there is puddle of water. do you go right through it at the speeed you are at? Or not?

Common sense tells you that you should avoid the puddle at that speed or else the car may lose control and crash into others thus killing 3-4 people. Now think for a moment, that same logic applies in game when you raid. I mess up by one ends up wiping everyone.

You have no idea how much i died at LK just because people kept standing in defile and not dpsing the valkyrs quickly. This is why I like the system, because of the training people get which would make end game much easier.

However I do agree that heroics needs to be toned downed at least a little. But remain hard enough to train people for raiding.

Its a tough Dev job and i am glad I don;t have that job. (unless they pay a whole lot, but I doubt that would convince me to try knowing how the crowd is).
What's this queue time that people speak of? Honestly, get in a guild. Heroics really aren't that hard, you may have to learn the fights and you may wipe a few times, but thats part of the learning process. If you want a game you can't fail at, go play another game.

12/28/2010 12:34 AMPosted by Kydrin
[quote]
News flash. Not every class has a CC. This creates a major problem for those said classes which involves it being impossible for them to go into a instance as a DPS spec. People WILL NOT run heroics without 3 people capable of CCing.

Every class has CC. For some it's called tanking. Harsh, I know, but people can't complain about 40 minute queues on one hand, then expect to be able to push the pure dps out of their jobs entirely.
Warriors nor death knights have a single viable CC. A 3 second gnaw stun every 1 minute or 6s fear IS NOT A VIABLE CC. A 3 second CC is NOT going to do jack.

I should NOT be forced to tank. I'm paying my $15, I should be able to play what I WANT TO PLAY. When someone starts paying my monthly fee, they can go tell me to go get tank gear and be forced to tank.
12/28/2010 12:36 AMPosted by Harx
To be fair off tanking is kinda hard on the healer now that we have to closely monitor while we cast.

It is true that healing is harder, but any decent healer should be able to heal two tanks during a trash pull for the duration of one mob kill. Then the main tank can take the off tanks target.
12/28/2010 12:34 AMPosted by Thugishgnome
This is the biggest problem. Blizzard keeps telling us to run normals. They only gave us freaking three normals. Either stop telling us to run normals and nerf heroics so we have something more than just three dungeons to go into, or at least provide normal 85 versions of Deadmines and SFK.

You make a good point, but there ARE some easier heroics to run. Vortex Pinnacle is regarded as the least difficult, so if you aren't too worried about the 70 valor points just queue for specific heroics to run.

And, of course, avoid Grim Batol, Deadmines and Shadowfang until you feel more confident.
12/28/2010 12:31 AMPosted by Rawrbert
No. I'm a Vanilla Veteran who likes to pug and solo. I like to have it be POSSIBLE to move my 'toon forward in a reasonable amount of invested play time.
Three weeks,especially when you deduct the time leveling from 80-85 is not a reasonable amount of time to expect to waltz through a heroic.

As far as "moving forward" working on rep gear and running regulars to get gear and experience that will get you through heroics, is moving forward. You want to skip levels and time.