Dungeon queue should be performance-based

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 52 Next
I like this idea just to teach people how to do dungeons. Whether it's a prerequisite to queuing or not doesn't matter to me.

Maybe they could have endless mode where you see how long you can pull it off.
Here's the problem with your idea:

It assumes that the troubles encountered in LFD are from players who don't know what they're doing or don't know how to play their role properly.

What about players who can do all of the above but don't give a @*!% because its random people they will never see again?

That seems to be the biggest problem with LFD.
I like the idea, but it'd have to be different for each class. While a mage can keep a mob CC'd for three hours straight if they wanted, rogues get not much over a minute before the only CC left is stunning the mob that was previously sapped/blinded/gouged.
IMPLEMENT THIS NAO
i dont know about strait being able to go into a dungeon because practise makes perfect, however to be able to do this would be great if it was optional, so when going thru a raid, u know ur dps is not going to be rediculas. maby even make an areana to test the group before a dungeon, like a dungeon prep run, that why ur pummped ready and know what ur going to do.
If you can do it on a dummy, you can do it in a dungeon. Foolproof!

I have an idea: For those that are unable to find a satisfactory group in randoms, make some friends. Four friends, that's all. Maybe even two friends and two acquaintances, because obviously your sauce isn't holding four random strangers together to accomplish your personal goals. And, it'd be a hell of a lot faster/cheaper than implementing some silly dummy prequeue.
Not a terrible idea, but that is pretty 1 dimensional in terms of measuring ones ability. It would have to be some type of trial that includes CC, interrupts, moving, multiple targets, etc. Something that tests situational awareness and not simply whether you can spam a spell rotation.
I think cataclysm speaks for itself in terms of skill measurement. However I hope you mean what you can que for, not the que TIMES.
Also I think its a bit much for a pug. Item level works out for pugs because u need to already have a certain skill level in order to attain those items. And there's no way you will be able to measure the skill of a person in a 5 man group with training dummies from a solo-able quest
01/04/2011 11:32 AMPosted by Nikolatesla
Here's the problem with your idea:

It assumes that the troubles encountered in LFD are from players who don't know what they're doing or don't know how to play their role properly.

What about players who can do all of the above but don't give a @*!% because its random people they will never see again?

That seems to be the biggest problem with LFD.

Just because it doesent entirely fix the problem, means its not worth implementing at all?

Thats a common fallacy, which name escapes me :P.

Edit: Perfect Solution Fallacy
I like this idea, especially the idea of practice rooms. I worry about the implementation somewhat, however.
We would love to implement better ways for Dungeon Finder to detect if players know what they're doing in dungeons beyond just the gear they've accumulated. We have some long-term design goals in mind for this we're not quite prepared to share this early on though. ;)
01/04/2011 8:14 PMPosted by Zarhym
We would love to implement better ways for Dungeon Finder to detect if players know what they're doing in dungeons beyond just the gear they've accumulated. We have some long-term design goals in mind for this we're not quite prepared to share this early on though. ;)

You shouldn't have to say that you are always looking for ways to improve the system, but thank you for the response, hopefully this will somewhat quieten the masses :)