Dungeon queue should be performance-based

General Discussion
Prev 1 49 50 51 52 Next
01/04/2011 8:16 PMPosted by Razael
We would love to implement better ways for Dungeon Finder to detect if players know what they're doing in dungeons beyond just the gear they've accumulated. We have some long-term design goals in mind for this we're not quite prepared to share this early on though. ;)

it's simple, just make them pass a sobriety test first right?

Actually, most of the problems I've seen in dungeons are because people are uptight and/or impatient and suchlike. If anything I think it would help if people did drink. Not a lot though.
Blizzard can't even make searing totem hit the right target. I shudder to think of the challenges they'd put together for this.
I hope you know OP, every fight in cataclysm is different. Melee/Ranged have to move from the purple pancakes of death in HoO on the 3rd boss. While druid/mage have to remove curses from people in SFK.
(Which would lower their dps)

I say at a min a person should have to clear the dungeon on reg before they can get into heroic. I don't mind expalining the differences between reg and heroic, but if they never did it on reg, well, they shouldnt be doign heroic. Now, SFK and DM are different for there is no reg version at a higher level, which tehre should be so ppl get a feel for it before going through the heroic version of it.
01/09/2011 11:23 AMPosted by Subrosian
Really ????
So how does segregation based on performance differ to that based on race or religion?

Segregation by race / religion denies people the opportunity to prove themselves based on sexism, xenophobia or religious bigotry? While performance metrics are a completely fair, impartial, color-blind assessment of someone's skill at a given task?

You're joking, right? Do you honestly think that someone who fails med school should be given a license to perform surgery just the same as someone who gets perfect grades?

We call them military doctors.
I like the idea, because it sounds fun. Reminds me of the Benediction quest in Plaguelands. Probably other class quests too (hunter comes to mind) but I played priest so yeah... not sure on the others. Something like that would be fun and people might learn a few things about their class.
signed
This idea is perfect. Obviously a bit of tuning up on the specifics. But brilliant concept.
How about NTR rating - or 'Nerd Tard Rage' rating??

Have a toon tank/dps/heals - get screwed somehow, i.e. target dummy does something it wasn't supposed to, make the tank die, dps sheep break, or dummy the heals was supposed to keep up not stay alive cuz it did something stupid.

Now, have the rating look out for comments such as WTF!!!, OMFG!!, @#$@#!!! or anything such as this. Also, if it could be done, see if the person throws their keyboard against the wall. The more !!!s, @#$#@s, or keyboard throwing, the higher NTR rating the person gets. The higher the rating, the longer que the person gets - regardless of other ratings.

Thus saving sane, good ppl the pain of having to que with another idiot who suffers from this failing of many gamers everywhere - the dreaded NTR...
I say at a min a person should have to clear the dungeon on reg before they can get into heroic. I don't mind expalining the differences between reg and heroic, but if they never did it on reg, well, they shouldnt be doign heroic. Now, SFK and DM are different for there is no reg version at a higher level, which tehre should be so ppl get a feel for it before going through the heroic version of it.

^^Got my vote.

This wouldn't work for one reason: Brains is greater than skill. You could lay down more dps than any other player but still die right away because you were too stupid to move out of the fire.

The Cataclysm heroics are hard, and "just burning" the boss doesn't work as well as it did in Wrath.
01/10/2011 3:51 AMPosted by Pajojo

^^Got my vote.

Mine too, this is about the only "testing" I want to see implemented by computer code.