Kicked for being Deaf

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 53 Next
12/29/2010 4:43 PMPosted by Blightfall
Um, are you kidding? I'm on the OP's side but with all due respect and no offense meant: shut up.

I just don't get some people, it boggles the mind.

I was channeling Fry from Futurama. "No, you shut up sir!"
My god...I actually started crying. How can people be so cruel? I'm not sure if it will make you feel better OP, but I am truly sorry. I have two cousins who are deaf, but they were born that way, the thought of losing a sense is unimaginable almost. To make matters worse, the people you thought of as friends turned around and tossed you aside like you were nothing. I hope everything works out for you. If you're ever on Magtheridion, you can always join up with my guild. But, I wish you all the best!
12/29/2010 4:45 PMPosted by Astraala

Haha love the show. (BTW I was referring to the tin man.)
i cant remember if it was Hakkar or the server im on SWC but we had a deaf rogue in our guild, this was alliance btw.
like alot of people said do some research i mean i have no problem typing things out for those who are less fortunate.

vent really isnt that much fun, imagine a bunch of people yelling over each other for authority.
thats pretty much how you can sum up some raids ive done.

So just because somebody disagrees with you, they're trolling?

I'm voicing my opinion. Just because it's a minority opinion doesn't make it any less valid.

Causing disturbances in forum threads, such as picking fights, making off topic posts that ruin the thread, insulting other posters

Harassment takes many forms, and is not necessarily limited to the type of language used, but the intent.

If anything, the only people trying to start fights are the ones going out of their way to call me ignorant, rude, a piece of garbage, and so on.

What's the point of having a discussion forum if you just censor the unpopular opinions?

But, whatever. You want me gone, I'm gone. Peace.
Half the time I've been in other peoples' guild vents, they're 90% talking about drinking/the only female in the guild/etc. and 10% talking about fights. They're obnoxious and annoying, so I typically join the channel and turn off my volume so as to not hear them.

Knowing the fights and being a competent player should mean that you don't need vent. If anything, most guilds explain fights via macros.

Oh and people like Kirrahe should all go play in traffic.

If anything, the only people trying to start fights are the ones going out of their way to call me ignorant, rude, a piece of garbage, and so on.

What's the point of having a discussion forum if you just censor the unpopular opinions?

But, whatever. You want me gone, I'm gone. Peace.

No one called you any of those things. I did however indicate that I thought what you had said was a little cold. Also, there was a great vibe going on in the thread, and all it took was one callous comment to destroy everything. (And that's all it usually takes.)

Say whatever you want, but please be more considerate. You may not agree all the time, but sometimes it's better to not say anything at all.

(I should take my own advice I think.)
12/29/2010 4:45 PMPosted by Astraala

sh baddie
You should check out this guild, OP:

http://gskt.mmoguildsites.com/
I have two deaf guildies, and if they want to raid, I'll take the time to type out the damn instructions. If they can perform and do what they're supposed to do, I don't care if they can hear me or not.
12/29/2010 4:12 PMPosted by Alein
@Kirahhe
Communication is required for team work.
Written or spoken..it gets the point across.
You typed out a whole message...got your point across..and LO! I and everyone else understood you.
Just as you just understood what I typed.
Amazing.
Now I can even give you instructions in this marvelous written format.
Such as go take a flying leap...into a pool.
See? Perfectly understandable.

This is by far the best thing I have read on these forums in a while.
I'm mostly deaf from serving in the military. My actual hearing loss is somewhere around 75%-80%, so Vent can be especially difficult for me. When running raids with the rest of the guild, I simply let most of them know that for detailed explainations of boss fights that they need to text the important bits. It takes a bit of time to write everything out, but with a disability such as hearing loss it is needed.

Sorry that you were kicked out of your guild because of a disability. Some people just don't understand that we didn't get this disability because we want to be jerks in the game.

While I don't think that there are guilds out there specifically for deaf people (and I could be wrong), all you really need to do is find a guild that understands that you are an asset to the group and you just need them to write out the instructions for the fight. Like many of the people that have already posted; I feel that Vent has softened up some people with already poor typing skills.

Hang in there. There are good people and good guilds out there. You will find your spot soon enough.
First of all /hugs to the OP. I didn't read the whole thread but I just wanted to say that shame on your old guild and Karma has her ways! :D Good luck with finding a new guild that will accept you. I know my guild is pretty laid back and I'm sure would love to have you. We don't discriminate, we have all kinds of special lol ( I meant that in a nice way...)
12/29/2010 5:02 PMPosted by Limpo
I hate people like the op. A guild rule is a guild rule, why should they change it because of you? To me it sounds as if you got a bit pissed off that the guild wouldn't bend the rules for you and your gm kicked you, good for him.

Your guildname is from bleach, therefore you don't get to have an opinion.
Oh my god. I'm so sorry. I wish I could give you a big hug.

I am sure you will find a more accommodating guild. On behalf of the WoW community, I sincerely apologize for the treatment you've suffered.. it's like every day I read a story worse than the one before it, detailing just how wretched and horrible the community has become. People have just lost their damn minds. I don't understand it.

I wish you all the best... hang in there.
I'm sorry to hear that people are butts. There are deaf-friendly guilds out there. We had a deaf member who has since moved on to another game. He was one of the best players we had, and any guild that forces someone out due to this disability is led by idiots. I hope you find a home soon.
12/29/2010 3:06 PMPosted by Unwelcome
He tells me that i can't raid unless i have vent. Guild rules and all. I was pissed. After a huge blow out between us i get removed from the guild and put on ignore. Our guild wasn't even that good. We did naxx full clear 10 man once.

I'm hardly surprised that a guild which would kick out a member just for being deaf isn't very good. Raiding decently does require a level of maturity in which it sounds like they were very lacking.

You know what'd be funny, if a Blizz dev read this thread then went and flicked some server switch so when this guild raids bosses only drop Pet Rock

That would be great.

Either that, or this would work: Fox Poop

Or perhaps for irony: Deaf Ear Helm