What does RNG mean?

Priest
sorry for the noob question. These forums was the first place I saw that abbreviation. In other games that means ranger. What does that mean in WoW?
So you've never taken a computer class or maff class or nothin?

In videogames, everything is either a sure thing or RNG. Life is kinda like that too.

A sure thing is paying an NPC to buy a stack of water. You get a stack of water.

RNG is paying an NPC for water. You may get water or you may get rocks.

priest gets rocks =(
Rocks have ores that have shiny gems. RNG works good sometimes.

Weird RNG gave me a turtle mount from a pool in TH. I liek RNG.

I prefer to think of it as an initialization of "Random Number God". Want a specific gear upgrade from a raid boss? Sacrifice some dice to the RNG, and maybe its fortune will smile upon you.
An opponent gets an amazing sequence of crits on you? You must have angered the RNG.
12/29/2010 5:43 PMPosted by Vixie
So you've never taken a computer class or maff class or nothin?

Ouch, that hurts...well, not really. XP

I had to Google it. And "TL;DR."

I'm glad I did.
For me, it seems to be the answer to a question. Boss dies, gets looted, I see what he dropped, I ask "Really?" answer: Really...No Gear.
priest gets rocks =(

A thirsty Crow came upon a Pitcher which had once been full of water; but when the Crow put its beak into the mouth of the Pitcher he found that it was only half full, and that he could not reach far enough down to get at the remaining water. He tried, and he tried, but at last had to give up in despair. Then a thought came to him, and he took a rock and dropped it into the Pitcher.

Then he took another rock and dropped it into the Pitcher.

Then he took another rock and dropped that into the Pitcher.

At last, after many rocks, he saw the water mount up near him, and after casting in a few more pebbles he was able to quench his thirst.
Im a blood elf.....and im beautiful
RNG = Random number Generator

Our relationship is a love/hate thing.
On one hand, it gave me the Baron's mount in one run.
On the other, it ensures that I almost never get the items I want/need from high end raids and dungeons unless I run them an excess of 10+ times.
What does RNG mean?

"Chance."

When you have a trinket that's supposed to proc on average every 30 seconds, and suddenly it doesn't proc for 5 minutes? RNG.

When you flay 5+ times in a row and don't get a single shadow orb? RNG.

When you get a pet that has a .01% drop rate and should take THOUSANDS of kills... on your FIRST kill? RNG.
Don't listen to these other guys, they're just having you on. RNG means Random Number God, and you must make an offering to Him if you want that armor token.
Random number generator. Not god. Generator. I ought to know, given my guild name/rank :)
Holy necro batman.
I had to Google it. And "TL;DR."

I'm glad I did.

Don't feel bad...I had to Google, "PEBKAC" to find out what it meant.
>.<
I was like, I wrote that here?? When?

Oh, last f'ing year. >_<

Don't feel bad...I had to Google, "PEBKAC" to find out what it meant.
>.<

That is your RNG on PuGs. Friends don't let friends do PuGs.