best pvp caster?

Battlegrounds
Ive been thinking about rolling a character for pvp and im kinda new to the game and struggle in pvp when doin melee, so i was wondering is there a caster that is better then the others?
mages is good yes if u wanna melee pvp then u shouldnt do so as ret
warrior rogue dk maybe hance just not ret
ret gets kited way too ez

Boomkin [...] are very feared and respected

Are you sure we're playing the same game?
12/30/2010 1:34 AMPosted by Immabigcow
I wubs my Boomkin. I can heal myself, blow people up, turn into a bird, stealth around, and switch roles when I get bored.

Plus blowing people off of a cliff with typhoon is sooo sweet...
12/30/2010 6:30 AMPosted by Fallenassa
I wubs my Boomkin. I can heal myself, blow people up, turn into a bird, stealth around, and switch roles when I get bored.

Plus blowing people off of a cliff with typhoon is sooo sweet...

i had one try to blow me off the ship in deepholm (as my lock) sadly he didn't notice the demonic circle on the ship deck... so i instantly appeared behind him and resumed melting his face... it was fun :)
12/30/2010 2:09 AMPosted by Immabigcow
Are you sure we're playing the same game?

Are you sure you've faced off against a decent boomkin?

It's certainly possible that I never have, though I have heard a lot of boomdeaths that would suggest that no such thing exists in the first place. ;P

Mage and Warlock lack that utility, but make up for it with the most Crowd Control of any classes in the game.

Wait, whaaa???

I think you are mistaken

Mages have crazy CC

Warlocks are practically cloth tanks.

-hul
Wild Mushrooms are to be feared. They are far more valuable in a closely contested battleground than Ring of Frost.

With the sheer amount of instant casts "casters" have to use in pvp, the only real caster left in the game is a class that doesn't even use mana:

The Hunter.

If you enjoy 3 s Steady/Cobra shots every other attack as every mage and lock realizes you can't do squat with a simple slow/CoT on you, then this is the 'caster' class to play.

On the flip side, it feels good actually killing other 85s as a class that has the majority of their damage dispellable, and entire class mechanic shut down by spammable skills.