Rogue Cataclysm PVP guide

Rogue
Cataclysm Rogue Guide

Specs/Glyphs
At the moment the main PVP specs are Assassination and Subtlety and unless Combat is completely redone it will remain the same.

Mutilate:
-http://www.wowhead.com/talent#fcufMsGzoGoZbGc:RqVbwk0Vz
If you prefer Improved Recuperate then you can swap Elusiveness out for it. I would recommend taking Deadened Nerves because of the lack of Resilience at this stage.
or
-http://www.wowhead.com/talent#fcIfrsrzoMobZbhc
Imp Recup, Blackjack for BG's, Ruthlessness maxed.

Glyphs:
-Mutilate: Prime
-Rupture: Prime
-Vendetta: Prime
-Blind: Major
-Garrote: Major
-Sprint: Major
-Slice 'n' Dice: Prime If using cttc.

Subtlety
-http://www.wowhead.com/talent#fcbfZZfGccducoho:zaMbskz0V
Change any talents you feel you don't need into something you will need for comp/playstyle.
or
http://www.wowhead.com/talent#fchbZbZfGcsdu0Rho
I prefer the extra run speed from quickening and the increased healing from heals. You can switch quickening out for 2 in Puncturing Wounds IF you want.

Glyphs:
-Backstab: Prime
-Eviscerate: Prime
-Shadow Dance: Prim
-Garrote: Major

Mastery:

Mutilate:
-Potent Poisons: increases the damage done by your poisons by 28%.

Subtlety:
-Executioner: Increases the damage done by your finishing moves, and the effectiveness of Slice 'n' Dice by 16%.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hit/Expertise/SpellPen

Hit Cap Ratings:

Completely unbuffed and no talents:
-Special Attacks: 961 rating
-Spell Hit/Poisons:1742 rating
-White Attacks: 3243 rating

Reaching 5% Hit is one of the best things you can do. Reaching the white Hit cap is unnecessary and is a DPS loss because to do that you will have to sacrifice other stats like Mastery and Haste.

Expertise:

Not as useful in PVP as it is in PVE so I wouldn't recommend reaching 26 and sacrificing other stats for it.

SpellPen:

Poisons deal nature damagewhich means they are affected by nature resistance, which greatly decreases the damage of poisons.

These are all nature resistance spells:
- Blessing of Kings: 97
- Mark of the Wild: 97
- Mage Armor: 45
- Nightelf Racial: 85
- Tauren Racial: 85
- Elemental Resistance Totem: 195

eg. 97 Nature resistance gives an average damage reduction of 14,17%
You will need 170 SpellPen. [Enchant Cloak - Greater Spell Piercing] and
Stormy Ocean Sapphire x 2 is the best enchant for the cloak slot for Mutilate atleast.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reforging/Gems/Enchants

Reforging:

Mutilate:

Mastery is the best stat besides Agility for Mutilate rogues, once your hit capped, everything that isn't needed should be reforged. Including Hit and Expertise. Haste is not far behind in terms of DPS but their is not enough of it on gear to effectively stack it. Change Crit into Haste.

Subtlety:

You should be aiming to get your Crit as high as possible for subtlety, with the current level of gear the energy regen bonus from haste is abysmal.

Gems:

Blue:
-Glinting Demonseye: Hit/Agi
-Rigid Ocean Sapphire: Hit
-Shifting Demonseye: Stam/Agi
-Stormy Ocean Sapphire: SpellPen

Yellow:
-Deft Ember Topaz: Haste/Agi
-Adept Ember Topaz: Mastery/Agi
-Lucent Ember Topaz: Resilience/Agi

Red:
-Delicate Inferno Ruby: Agi

Meta:
-Enigmatic Shadowspirit Diamond
-Destructive Shadowspirit Diamond

Enchants:

-Head:[Arcanum of the Ramkahen]
-Shoulder:[Lesser Inscription of Shattered Crystal] (or the exalted one.)
-Chest:[Enchant Chest - Mighty Resilience] or Formula: [Enchant Chest - Peerless Stats]
-Gloves:[Enchant Gloves - Haste]
-Cloak:[Enchant Cloak - Greater Spell Piercing] for Mutilate or [Enchant Cloak - Critical Strike]
-Bracers:[Enchant Bracer - Precision] or when hitcapped Scroll of [Enchant Bracers - Greater Assault]
-Legs:[Charscale Leg Armor] Mut [Dragonscale Leg Armor]
-Boots:[Enchant Boots - Major Agility]
-Belt[Ebonsteel Belt Buckle]

Mainhand: [Enchant weapon - Hurricane] or [Enchant weapon - Landslide]

Offhand: [Pyrium Weapon Chain]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Poisons:

Mutilate:

Mainhand: Instant Poison, Wound does half the damage instant does and 10% ms isn't worth it.

Offhand: Deadly Poison, or if you like to shiv crippling then swap Instant for OH and Deadly for MH.

Thrown:Mindnumbing

Subtlety

Mainhand: Wound Poison

Offhand: Crippling Poison

Thrown: Mindnumbing

I think thats it. If you have any questions or I have left anything out, please leave a comment below

~Sinnikal
Spell Hit/Poisons:1,194 rating
Reaching the Spell Hit cap is the biggest PVP DPS increase for rogues.

Stopped reading there.
12/30/2010 4:41 PMPosted by Stromae
Spell Hit/Poisons:1,194 rating
Reaching the Spell Hit cap is the biggest PVP DPS increase for rogues.

Stopped reading there.

Updated: typo, was thinking PVE :S
U listed 4 glyph's for mutilate when there is only 3 options?
Went over it, overall a solid guide that will answer half the topics created on these forums everyday. :) Have a few things you could add to further polish it:

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#fcufMsGzoGoZbGc:RqVbwk0Vz

CttC isn't worth the investment, max out Ruthlessness instead. Can also mention dropping a point from Deadened Nerves to max out either Blackjack (most valuable in BGs) or Imp. EA.

Slice and Dice vs. Vendetta for glyphs.

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#fcbfZZfGccducoho:zaMbskz0V
Change any talents you feel you don't need into something you will need for comp/playstyle.

I know you mentioned messing around with the spec, but may I suggest you change the base spec to include 2/2 Imp. Recup as most high rated players don't roll without it.

Hemo vs. Backstab vs. Eviscerate for glyphs.

SpellPen:
I'm not sure on the exact numbers but [Enchant Cloak - Greater Spell Piercing] is the best enchant for the cloak slot for Mutilate atleast.

Also pick up 2 Stormy Ocean Sapphire.

Mastery is the best stat besides Agility for Mutilate rogues, once your hit capped, everything that isn't needed should be reforged. Including Crit, (it's basically useless) Hit and Expertise. Haste is not far behind in terms of DPS but their is not enough of it on gear to effectively stack it.

Crit > Haste for Mut (source: Ming-san).

Effulgent Shadowspirit Diamond

:-/

Chest:[Enchant Chest - Mighty Resilience]

+15/20 stats for Mut imo.

Gloves:[Enchant Gloves - Haste]

Mastery for Mut.

Bracers:[Enchant Bracer - Precision]

50 AP/Crit (Mut) if hit capped.

Legs:[Charscale Leg Armor]

Dragonscale for Mut.

Subtlety

Mainhand: Wound Poison

Offhand: Crippling Poison

Thrown: Mindnumbing

Arguable if MN should go on MH and Wound on Thrown.
reserved
Pretty solid. One thing is the leg armor enchant. Charscale is NOT better than Dragonscale. The amount of AP on Dragonscale simply outweighs the Agility from Charscale when you work out the math for the EP weightings.
Pretty solid. One thing is the leg armor enchant. Charscale is NOT better than Dragonscale. The amount of AP on Dragonscale simply outweighs the Agility from Charscale when you work out the math for the EP weightings.

Sinister Calling + Leather Spec. = no.
12/31/2010 3:03 AMPosted by Slickqt

Hmm, for Sub? Do you have what Aldriana said about Sub stats?

Additional EDIT: If AP is weighted as 1, Dragonscale is still better than Charscale even when considering Leather Specialization and Sinister Calling.
12/31/2010 3:38 AMPosted by Loosep
i cant seem to get a straight answer.

Should I reforge for crit, haste or mastery?

Mastery. There ya go.
The lack of Combat making an appearance here, is saddening.

Combat isn't THAT bad... >.>
any info on combat?
12/31/2010 4:31 AMPosted by Napesmack

Hmm, for Sub? Do you have what Aldriana said about Sub stats?

Additional EDIT: If AP is weighted as 1, Dragonscale is still better than Charscale even when considering Leather Specialization and Sinister Calling.

Rogue Cataclysm PVP guide

Cataclysm PVP guide

PVP guide

PVP

hey guiz i liek to go full deepz 4 sub pvp hehe
So now we need spell pent for pvp?? rly...? how much and for what classes?
Great Guide! (reserved)
removed - pvp hit cap shud only be 5%
12/31/2010 6:24 AMPosted by Binss
So now we need spell pent for pvp?? rly...? how much and for what classes?

170 should do the trick:

cloak enchant, 2 * stormy demonseye