Blackrock Foundry Item Level Change

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
1 2 3 26 Next
We are preparing to deploy a hotfix next week that will increase the item level of all raid drops from all difficulties of the Blackrock Foundry raid.

The main purpose of this change is to ensure that killing new bosses in the Blackrock Foundry raid feels appropriately rewarding. We are finding that groups coming out of a couple of months in Highmaul could often have an average item level that was just barely shy of the loot dropped by the appropriate difficulty in Foundry. A core part of the experience of progressing through a new raid tier lies in the sense that even if you didn't manage to kill a particular boss this week, the upgrades your raid group gathered along the way will make things smoother and improve your chances the following week.

This change will be retroactive, affecting existing items that players may have in their possession. Thus, instead of an item level range of 650/665/680/695 for Raid Finder/Normal/Heroic/Mythic Foundry, the loot awarded will now be item level 655/670/685/700 respectively. At the same time, we will be increasing the item level of the new highest-tier crafted and Apexis vendor items by 5, in order to keep their power unchanged relative to the Foundry raid itemization.
Wasn't expecting a post like this on a Saturday...

Raiders will probably enjoy this upgrade though. Thanks, Bash. :)
Interesting. This is a de facto nerf to the encounters in Blackrock Foundry as well.

Edit: Also interesting that they're now referring to BRF as a "new tier".
bruh
Well that's good. Now if you can convince watcher to do 10 ilevel differences between difficulties instead of a weird 15 that would be even better.
Welp 700 iLevel inc
Interesting. So I'm guessing this is in order to make the BRF items at least on par with heroic Highmaul?
Dang! That nerf!
Interesting change, though it does make normal difficulty Highmaul pretty defunct for people who aren't in organized guilds (except for the few niche items in HM that are actually good for specs).
Does this include weapons and offhands which currently have a stage 4 ilvl of 670 -> 675?
Now high maul is really pointless to run, People are complaining about not having enough to do, so u decided to make LESS for us to do? I don't get it blizz, i really don't.
rip highmaul
I actually started laughing when I read this. Amusing stuff!! ilevel hype.
03/14/2015 11:14 AMPosted by Tycade
Now high maul is really pointless to run, People are complaining about not having enough to do, so u decided to make LESS for us to do? I don't get it blizz, i really don't.

At the Mythic level there are still items that are BiS for some specs (mainly some trinkets).

I do feel it sort of becomes a situation similar to ICC 25 versus ICC 10. You run 25-man because it's the highest progression and only really need 10-man for the few niche BiS items that exist; the same can now be said about BRF and HM.
Does this mean stat budgets will be increased?
Would the legendary ring also be getting an ilvl increase or staying the same?
03/14/2015 11:06 AMPosted by Mortiferio

Edit: Also interesting that they're now referring to BRF as a "new tier".

You are reading too much into it.
That's kinda nice.
One question: will the health and damage of BRF bosses increase too?
Why? This is a singular tier, and you're telling me its bad to use items from the same tier?

This is one of the most ridiculous changes I've read from Blizzard in a while and I'm honestly disappointed in whoever made this decision. Highmaul and Blackrock Foundry is a full tier. If you wanted us to not use Highmaul gear, why didn't you just make Blackrock Foundry a separate tier?

I understand you want killing a new boss to feel rewarding, but this is going the opposite direction of making this tier feel like one entity instead of two separate raid tiers. Offer better itemization on pieces and people will take the upgrade, don't complain that you made an item with someones two worst stats and they're willing to take a 10 item level sacrifice to get their two best stats.
Interesting choice. Good way to nerf BRF without actually nerfing it, and it definitely will make me consider replacing some of the higher ilevel highmaul stuff I'm still using. All in all a good change to me!