Feral AoE

Druid
Blizz,

First I would like to thank you for the recent buffs in patch 6.1. Buffs are always appreciated, no matter what they are. That being said, I am so confused as to why you would put a 20% buff on Swipe and not put that extra 20% on Thrash, giving it a 40% buff, which it desperately needs. Our AoE, even with these buffs, is still absolute garbage. Ferals all over Azeroth are being benched due to their lack of AoE and cleaving abilities in fights, which in this raid tier is like 80%, require these things. I am not asking to be made the best at everything. We have great single target, or even 1-2 target DPS. All I am asking is for you to give us the AoE buffs we need to be competitive in fights you have made a requirement this tier. Like all Ferals out there, I would LOVE for Thrash to apply Rake to all targets as was Blood Talons designed to do originally. I understand this would be way too strong. If that is the case, and you demand that we tab through 10 targets to keep Rake up and then apply Thrash, please make Thrash do more damamge, and/or, cost less Energy.

Yours Truly,
Feral Druids Everywhere
Here's a thought:

Thrash
50 Energy
Instant
Requires Cat Form

Strikes all enemy targets within 8 yards, dealing (42.4% of Attack power) bleed damage and an additional (151% of Attack power) damage over 15 sec. Also spreads your Rip and Rake to up to 5 targets it hits that does not currently have Rip or Rake active. Can only occur once every 12 seconds.
THIS would be lovely. Good luck getting Blizz to do it though. They just don't want kittys doing Aoe it seems....
Personally, I'd rather just get WoTLK swipe back, and get rid of thrash if we have to. AoE isn't fun regardless so I'd rather just swipe spam through it
I don't know of anyone personally that is being benched in raids as Feral because we have mediocre AoE, we still bring what is important in a fight and that's single/few target damage and are one of the best at it, a lot of the AoE this tier at some point becomes superfluous and while people are wasting resources trying to eek out extra damage, a Feral is actually killing the boss that finishes the fight.
Blizzard intentionally keeps Feral AoE weak because it's ST is so damn strong. Have you ever thought of that?
Feral is sort of the polar opposite of Enhancement Shaman.

Although I'd love to see Ferals doing better aoe and their single target left the same, the recent Inc nerf to Shred doesn't make sense...
i say feral druids gang up on rogues and steal their blade flurry and rename it paw flurry :D
Feral is to ST as Enhancement is to AOE. At least your class has boss killing capability. We kinda just go "Yeah, I kinda did a Storm Strike...meh."

(It's a joke, don't crucify me please. Nails are hard to drive through hooves)
03/15/2015 04:44 PMPosted by Caralara
i say feral druids gang up on rogues and steal their blade flurry and rename it paw flurry :D

I'd rather we go after the warriors. PAW STORM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c54SvkgQ04A
I dont understand this common complaint, because I don't feel like my aoe is uncompetitive.

Maybe it's because I use LI exclusively. Thrash, then stick rake and moonfire on all the things, use rip when i max points, and I can pull 35k on a good clump even at this mediocre item level. I'm not saying 35k is high, but it isnt unplayable at all.

Too many people use thrash then start swiping. This amounts to pathetic damage, which is where I imagine all the complaints are coming from.

And we're great on cleave fights like twin ogron, brack and maidens. It's rare for me not to top 3 dps this style of boss.
03/20/2015 12:25 AMPosted by Jolon
I dont understand this common complaint, because I don't feel like my aoe is uncompetitive.

Maybe it's because I use LI exclusively. Thrash, then stick rake and moonfire on all the things, use rip when i max points, and I can pull 35k on a good clump even at this mediocre item level. I'm not saying 35k is high, but it isnt unplayable at all.

Too many people use thrash then start swiping. This amounts to pathetic damage, which is where I imagine all the complaints are coming from.

And we're great on cleave fights like twin ogron, brack and maidens. It's rare for me not to top 3 dps this style of boss.

Other classes pull 100k+ on good size clumps for AoE. And it looks like your competition for those fights are LFR. Being top 3 there doesn't mean anything.
Ah yes, the elitist with the completely invalid argument. Where have I see this before I wonder? Go ahead and cry about feral, elitist, I won't get in your way anymore.
It's not elitism, it's letting you know your experience isn't a good indicator for everyone.
03/20/2015 09:07 PMPosted by Jolon
Ah yes, the elitist with the completely invalid argument. Where have I see this before I wonder? Go ahead and cry about feral, elitist, I won't get in your way anymore.

The thing is he's right even though the LFR dig wasn't necessary. Feral's can do decent AoE damage but nowhere close most of the other specs.

Enhance, Balance, Combat, Fury and Arms Warriors, Ele Shaman, Locks, Mages and Ret Pally's are all far ahead of Feral's AoE capabilities.
Our AoE is not competitive which wouldn't bother me if it didn't affect my getting into pugs. As soon as you're talking kromog, thogar, maidens, pugs will only want resto for heals and boomkin for dps. Feral...not so much. It's embarrassing to go from top dps on a heroic Gruul kill to dead last on thogar.
03/22/2015 08:36 AMPosted by Oneeyewilard
Our AoE is not competitive which wouldn't bother me if it didn't affect my getting into pugs. As soon as you're talking kromog, thogar, maidens, pugs will only want resto for heals and boomkin for dps. Feral...not so much. It's embarrassing to go from top dps on a heroic Gruul kill to dead last on thogar.

Here here.

I hope some buffs are in the pipe line. Swipe or Thrash applying 6 seconds of rip or rake to every target hit, something along those lines, would be nice. Not giving us great BURST aoe but good sustained aoe.
Feral single target is so damn fun but I dread fights like Beastlord, Kromog, operator, maidens, blast furnace because I KNOW I am going to go from top dps to bottom every time. I can't even beat bad people on aoe cos most classes aoe is just so mindless.
I've tried every different approach, the only way I can stay even temporarily relevent is saving berserk for aoe burst phases and how absurd is that. 3minute cooldown to be temporarily relevant on aoe. No thank you.
03/13/2015 12:16 PMPosted by Saleznya
Here's a thought:

[quote]Thrash
50 Energy
Instant
Requires Cat Form

Strikes all enemy targets within 8 yards, dealing (42.4% of Attack power) bleed damage and an additional (151% of Attack power) damage over 15 sec. Also spreads your Rip and Rake to up to 5 targets it hits that does not currently have Rip or Rake active. Can only occur once every 12 seconds.

That would be the most OP thing in this game. Rake spreading has been suggested a ton, but never rake AND rip spreading. You realize that we'd do like 300k dps on thogar with this change, right?
Swipe could be made to do less damage, but apply a few seconds of rake to all targets, doesn't a hunter spec have an aoe that auto applies serpent? Pretty sure that works well as an aoe model.

Could make it so swipe makes your next CP consumer hits an extra target for maybe half damage or whatever is balanced, for every target hit.

Maybe give us an aoe cp consumer like equivelant to crimson tempest, and make swipe generate an extra CP for each target hit, if the damage wasn't too high on the aoe CP consumer

How about a channeled aoe like the old volley, except not GTAOE.

What about something conal, so it requires a bit of aiming?

A few of our skills having natural cleave? Like maybe shred or rake hit an extra target or 2

I'd even take swapping incarnation out for another talent in that tier if it gave me aoe worth a damn. There's almost nothing I hate more in wow than feeling like the busted leg or weak link in the raid, just cos my class is poorly balanced for current content. (and yes, feral single target is fun and great, but what use is that when half the fights, and more than half on mythic, are very aoe centric?)

Was just kinda rambling and thinking out loud. Hoping something gets done.
being sat 2 weeks in a row on blast furnace :(

guilds that know what is going on, of course won't sit us, but the majority of guilds don't have a clue...hence, sitting us on fights.