Reasonable tip for [Vial of the Sands] craft?

Professions
Just wondering, since my luck is usually negative - what would be a reasonable tip amount to ask for this? I'm not accustomed to actually getting any RNG recipes worth squat!!! Thanks!
It's currently in very high demand, Many people get in excess of 10k.
Depends on the demands for it and who has it..

If there only one person has it on server... easily 10k+
Crafting fees are currently running from 1-3k gold on my server. You'll get laughed at if you even suggest 10k.
o noes being laughed at! the world is too cruel!
A lot of people on forums have been saying 5k - 10k. Just depends on your server. If you are the only one, I would say 10k, easy.
On my server, I've been getting around 5-10k. I still think this recipe is still scarce even on my server which is highly populated.

I have been offering to make the purchase for vendor mats for people (with their money) since I get discount. Saves them 5,800 gold right there.
5k seems to be the norm on more populated servers (with quite a few people having the recipe). I know that some people charge up to 20k.

In my mind, with the amount of time that goes into farming the recipe, leveling alch and the gold that was spent on it (or not, if you just farmed your own mats), 10k is a very modest crafting price.
I wouldn't tip more than 1-2k no matter what server I was on. It's a nasty looking dragon. I have the vitreous stone drake which looks way better than that piss yellow dragon.

One guy on my server asking 10k, I just laugh at him, I'll wait a few months till everyone has it. Those that claim "but it carries people!" my response is: So does my mammoth, my motorcycle, and my X-53 touring rocket.

Flying transports BTW, do not come into any type of use for me unless someone is about to go afk or I'm helping out a lowbie, which is not often.
12/24/2010 6:32 AMPosted by Pérféction
I wouldn't tip more than 1-2k no matter what server I was on. It's a nasty looking dragon. I have the vitreous stone drake which looks way better than that piss yellow dragon.

One guy on my server asking 10k, I just laugh at him, I'll wait a few months till everyone has it. Those that claim "but it carries people!" my response is: So does my mammoth, my motorcycle, and my X-53 touring rocket.

Flying transports BTW, do not come into any type of use for me unless someone is about to go afk or I'm helping out a lowbie, which is not often.

this is the cata gold sink. it is the mammoth of cata. not saying you're wrong and you are certainly entitled to your opinion, but i would laugh at you if you tried to tip me 1k. would i still do it? yeah...hey 1k is still 1k, but the time it takes to level archaeology to RNG that stupid recipe is just silly. if i could sell 10 per day for 1k crafting price, i'd be happy. since most people sell maybe 1 per week, and it could certainly be more or less than that, 10k seems about right to me. it all comes down to supply and demand. if 20 people have the recipe and undercut each other, you could get it crafted for maybe 500gold. if one person on the server has it, then they dictate their own price.

never underestimate how much people will pay for a vanity item.
My server's economy is always well ahead of the curve because it is very very high population on Horde side.

IMO You are better off crafting it for 3k gold getting 20 customers than selling the crafting fee for 10k and getting 2 customers. Don't cut off your nose to spite your face. Yes the recipe is hard to get, but don't turn away customers...

I have my limits. Someone wanted me to craft it for 500g and I told him to take a hike.
12/24/2010 6:46 AMPosted by Striped
My server's economy is always well ahead of the curve because it is very very high population on Horde side.

IMO You are better off crafting it for 3k gold getting 20 customers than selling the crafting fee for 10k and getting 2 customers. Don't cut off your nose to spite your face. Yes the recipe is hard to get, but don't turn away customers...

I have my limits. Someone wanted me to craft it for 500g and I told him to take a hike.

100% agree. problem is finding 20 customers who have the mats, lol.
I try to keep an eye on trade chat because ppl are looking alchemists to make the mount. :)

I did not sell a single craft at 10k even when I was probably 1 of 2 people who could make it on the server. Everyone told me they knew it was hard to get, but with the material costs they just had nothing left. Like an idiot I turned them away. I now realize I should have immediately offered like 5k crafting fee. I learned my lesson as I've never had a rare recipe before...lol
I got someone to make it for me with my mats, and they asked for a 10k tip, which I thought was reasonable.
I ask for "whatever you think is fair" as a tip. I've gotten anywhere between 500g and 5k. I have my own idea what I would tip if the shoe were on the other foot, and it's within that range.
Weird I just craft it for people for free + the cost of any mats i needed to provide...
Crafting it for free is probably the silliest thing I've heard of. You're sitting on a cash cow until' the recipe is a common find on your server.
I refuse to craft it for anyone on my server, and I've been offered anywehre from 3k (lowest) to 50k (highest) just to craft with their mats. 10k is about the average if you're the only person on the server with the recipe.