Ret DPS in PvP and PvE / Haste Vs Mastery

Paladin
DPS
Ret DPS is just shameful right now. I'm doing less damage in heroics than the tank half the time. And as an experienced PvPer i'm not very excited about what i've seen so far. All we have is wings and a pet which get easily healed through even with lust, after that its pretty much good game. My damage in BGs is attrocious, i'm at the bottom of the charts when a month ago i was at the top. We have to constantly worry about procs, gcd's, and cooldowns while sacrificing situational awareness that is so necessary for such a squishy class.
Haste vs Mastery
I haven't done any real testing but my natural inclination would be to stack mastery considering we get an immediate 3 HP rather than just a slightly quicker crusader strike which requires at least 33.3% total haste to be worth anything (to take it down to a 3 sec CD) other than that you'd be sacrificing time you could spend hitting other abilities whose GCDS stay at 1.5 secs because they are not affected by haste. I find this to be extremely frustrating when blizzard is "trying" to make stats easier to understand and itemization somewhat less of a hassle. Make one ideal for Pve and the other PvP perhaps or quit screwing us over with lame stats?
Buff our damage, especially that of judgement and seal damage, remove inquistion (its useless especially for pvp), buff word of glory to give us a little more survivability too... and i really like that idea posted below about maybe taking the gcd off TV or letting Hand of Light (mastery procs) stack up.
Edit: another idea would be allowing HoL to proc off more than just auto attacks
Yeah I gotta agree, even now with the proper rotation, i've seen my DPS drop a lot in heroics.
*sigh* ret's are no longer face-roll :(
haste/crit are about the same PvE, i'm actually stacking haste because i like it.

pvp is def mastery still.

PvP:
Dont take the haste talents, not worth it
Mastery is ok, but dont stack it, go for str and crit

PvE:
Str > AP > Crit > Haste > Mastery, assuming hit and exp caped according to EJ
12/26/2010 10:39 AMPosted by Ascherith
PvP:

PvE:

Actually, I would say that Haste is better than Crit until 3 second CS, but only in large globules. As in, enough so that you only need to put one fill between CS's. If you aren't able to reach it, then Crit will be better. If you are, haste is better.
PvP:

PvE:

Actually, I would say that Haste is better than Crit until 3 second CS, but only in large globules. As in, enough so that you only need to put one fill between CS's. If you aren't able to reach it, then Crit will be better. If you are, haste is better.

The math is already done and proven, you can go check it if you want.