Taking to much damage as DPS

Paladin
I seem to be taking a fair bit of damage in heroics on my ret pally any tips on how to stop it?

I use hand of salvation if i get 45-50% threat, bubble if i pull aggro and think the tank wont get it back. i dont stand in fire or void zones and i try to avoid aoes anything else i could do?
i haven't got time time to play on my pally but i forgot the whats that spelll called, divine protection i think..and holy radiance should do the trick or get a better healer.
There's a lot that you can do to increase your survivability.

if you're talking about for boss fights where there is unavoidable AOE dmg, try bubbling or using the Word of Glory instead of Templar's Verdict. It should work out pretty well considering that Ret paladins get a lot of spell power with Sheath of light. You can also pop Holy Radiance if you're taking a lot of damage to help out the healers a bit too.

If you're talking about taking dmg from aoe spells from mobs, I think Blizz designed heroics this time around so that 1 person cant carry the whole group like how it was with wrath. everyone has to take an active role in downing a group or a boss. You can use your CC on mobs that you know will do a chain lighting type spell with repentance. You can also interrupt casts like that with your new interrupt ability, Rebuke, to interrupt.

If you're still taking too much damage, you might want to consider speccing into Divinity in the prot tree which increases healing done to you by 2% per talent point.
There's a lot that you can do to increase your survivability.

If you're talking about taking dmg from aoe spells from mobs, I think Blizz designed heroics this time around so that 1 person cant carry the whole group like how it was with wrath. everyone has to take an active role in downing a group or a boss. You can use your CC on mobs that you know will do a chain lighting type spell with repentance. You can also interrupt casts like that with your new interrupt ability, Rebuke, to interrupt.

Its the big group pulls that i seem to start taking alot of damage... just did a few guild runs tho and i didnt fall below 85% Hp in any dungeon...

Im starting to think ive just had some not so good PUGs