Check my logs please

Paladin
Hey guys,

I went Ret for the first night last night, and I think I did pretty well. I was hoping someone with extensive Ret knowledge could go over my logs and make sure everything I'm doing looks okay.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/61MCXcgnLk4KpJ3z#fight=7&type=damage-done&source=79

Thanks in advance!
Not so sure what you were doing at that time, but I'm seeing 2 pauses of at least 10 seconds between a Crusader strike, odds are with its cooldown, you could've used it a bit more.. one pause was at least of 19 seconds if I'm reading the graph correctly. Crusader Strike should be done on cooldown if you're in range and you've already used your hammer of wrath (if available)
Hmmm, I'll look into that. I was using CLC ret to practice until I get the priority down. I found a guide at

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3657441833?page=1

that has been very information, and the string I was using is

es eds5_fv tv_dp_4s eds_4s tv5 how exo_bc eds_fv_aw_exec tv_aw_exec cs j eds_fv tv_dp tv4 exo

Perhaps the fact that CS is so far down the list is the reason why I didn't use it as much?
Looking at the two CS troughs Eva mentioned, I'd speculate the delays there were due to a flood of EDS and DP procs - mostly EDS, by the looks of things. If you're just standing there spamming DS due to a string of EDS procs, that's not technically correct since, when specced for FV, you really only want to try and cast DS with both the buffs from EDS and FV. In which case you should have been weaving to an extend, not just spamming DS to clear procs.
I'm really struggling not to call this a humblebrag. I mean, you're basically saying, "Hey, look I was 98th percentile, help me improve." However, looking at the other 6 fights of the night, you're kinda mediocre/good and was carried by procs/gear on Gruul :D

03/26/2015 10:13 AMPosted by Grôgnárd
Looking at the two CS troughs Eva mentioned, I'd speculate the delays there were due to a flood of EDS and DP procs - mostly EDS, by the looks of things. If you're just standing there spamming DS due to a string of EDS procs, that's not technically correct since, when specced for FV, you really only want to try and cast DS with both the buffs from EDS and FV. In which case you should have been weaving to an extend, not just spamming DS to clear procs.

Looking at his casts, he never used DS without a precursory FV.

On the other fights in that log set, you never used SoR or Light's Hammer on any of the AoE fights. Additionally, you seldom used HotR on the AoE fights as well.

You missed about 7 seconds of AW on Darmac and didn't potion on top of AW for Darmac. You misaligned your pot and AW on Furnace. Only potted once on Maidens.