Can a Peon Become Normal?

World’s End Tavern: Role-play and Fan Fiction
So, I have a character, a orcish peon who, in short, had his family (or brother or whoever if peons aren't allowed families, I know near to nothing about them.) murder by alliance, so he basically decides to stop being a peon at whatever costs (aka stay away from major cities, no talking to guards, that sort of thing, hell he's a rogue anywho.)

But from what I saw at least on the wiki, peons seem to be fairly cowardly, weak, not fit for combat even in the slightest, and from what I've seen in game that seems the case, like for example in gathering lumber in Draenor, need to protect your peon.

My question is, is it possible for a peon to become great? Like other orcs, I'm not sayin' that he'll be heroic powerstriking everyone, but enough to function normally, like a normal orc, and get away from his peon-style life?
03/28/2015 06:59 PMPosted by Rishva
My question is, is it possible for a peon to become great? Like other orcs, I'm not sayin' that he'll be heroic powerstriking everyone, but enough to function normally, like a normal orc, and get away from his peon-style life?
I'm sure it's possible. Based on what I've seen in-game it's one of those fanon situations. You can either choose to have your peon be born into slavery and never leave or not.

Personally I think it would produce a pretty interesting story. Since peons have a tendency of being weak and cowardly you can likely assume that's the result of having the bloodthirst and savagery beaten out of him by his taskmasters.

But that could have been the thing that caused him to turn towards forbidden Warlock magics. Honing his fel abilities, he manages to escape from Orgrimmar and out of Orcish lands where he could live with the Tauren and meet up with the Forsaken living inside of Thunder Bluff.

There, they could teach him how to properly be a Warlock. Afterwards, he assumes a new identity and returns to Orgrimmar hoping to bring an end to the slavery that's befallen all peons.
Well, Peons are generally forced into slavery for the sole reason of being weak. Since orcs are usually strong and brave, and will fight and serve without question, those who don't are deemed dishonorable or some crap and become slaves.
It is my fanon that as soon as a peon stands up to his taskmaster and disagrees, he or she is promoted. The only thing that keeps peons where they are is their weakness.
Not all weaklings remain weaklings for their entire lives.
Hmmmm alright I see.

Thank ya all for ya replies! I think I have a good idea for him now (and I'm confident I won't offend some supr srs orc rpers with it now.)

From what I saw on the wiki, at least in the early warcraft games the reason the peons are all small and hunched over, is literally because they're deformed from being slaves for so long, that they become hunched over and weak in other parts that basically aren't gathering lumber or mining.

But when Thrall came into power, he realized "hey that isnt cool" and made a switch, which is why peons can work freely in Org, and why peons aren't commonly beat now, because he had sympathy.

Now with Vol'jin as warchief, I'd imagine peons are more confident and strong then ever simply because Vol'jin wouldn't work a poor orc peon to the bone. (at least from what I could tell, I don't know much about him.)

EDIT:
03/28/2015 09:46 PMPosted by Urók
The only thing that keeps peons where they are is their weakness.
I like this a lot, that's for sure going in his rp :D
03/29/2015 06:45 AMPosted by Rishva
Now with Vol'jin as warchief, I'd imagine peons are more confident and strong then ever simply because Vol'jin wouldn't work a poor orc peon to the bone. (at least from what I could tell, I don't know much about him.)

Vol'jin is probably the most sensible warchief the Horde will ever have in history. Garrosh was to bloodthirsty, Thrall is a giant wimp, but Vol'jin...he is perfectly balanced in his personality and character. In a time of war he won't back down from the fight, but he also wouldn't send his troops to their inevitable death for a "chance" of victory. He even already has a long list of experience in leading the Darkspear Tribe unlike, for example, Baine Bloodhoof who is a fairly new person.

All in all this time period is the best option for a peon to be liberated from the expected lifestyle. Will some people disagree with it? Most likely, but their probably close minded bigots. I myself like to stick straight to lore probable things, and this is completely doable in the right hands.