Taanan and the Dark Portal

Story Forum
So 6.2 will probably involve Taanan Jungle. most videos and things are saying so so im going to keep that as a probable fact.

So i think when we finally get to the ruined dark portal it will still be ruined, they've been too busy fighting us to have much time rebuilding a thing that they no longer need.

I think part of our storyline will be about US taking the dark portal area as an outpost of sorts and rebuilding it. giving us a way home. That way we can leave at the end of the xpac and we can cut ties to Draenor and they can continue their timeline and MAYBE make a peaceful relationship with Azeroth on their universe. That way they can join forces against the Legion attack at Hyjal and the Old Gods in Sithilis and Ulduar.

I think its safe to say there will be no scourge or lich king the way we know it.
By the time we get there, the entire Iron Horde has joined the Burning Legion, so a lot of the zone will probably look like Hellfire.

The iron horde takes it's first steps towards really crapping up Taanan:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfScVNF0AMs
I thinking the Dark Portal will be under construction when we get there, and Gul'dan will finish it just as we go through the final raid, leading to a climactic showdown on the steps of the portal.
03/28/2015 08:41 PMPosted by Valko
I thinking the Dark Portal will be under construction when we get there, and Gul'dan will finish it just as we go through the final raid, leading to a climactic showdown on the steps of the portal.
That is actually something I hadn't thought of. I'm now 100% sure the final boss fight will be the portal blasting on and Archimonde stepping through.

The last two raids involved multiple changes of location. What I'm thinking, it will start in the Iron Citadel, move down the Path of Glory, up the Stairs, and then through the Portal to the final fight in the Badlands. Basically, a reversal of the opening sequence.
03/29/2015 02:28 AMPosted by Sunfeeder
and then through the Portal to the final fight in the Badlands. Basically, a reversal of the opening sequence.

You mean the blasted lands, the badlands is next to the searing gorge.
03/29/2015 04:20 AMPosted by Denona
and then through the Portal to the final fight in the Badlands. Basically, a reversal of the opening sequence.

You mean the blasted lands, the badlands is next to the searing gorge.

Oh, yeah. I always get those two confused...
yea i totally see the raid set in the iron citadel

The last two raids involved multiple changes of location. What I'm thinking, it will start in the Iron Citadel, move down the Path of Glory, up the Stairs, and then through the Portal to the final fight in the Badlands. Basically, a reversal of the opening sequence.

I see this: the raid would probably end with a final battle in the Blasted Lands crater, followed by a permanent closure of the dark portal just moments before some huge threat (like Archimonde and an army) steps through to our side.

The expansion and our connection to Draenor is severed instantly, and it ends such that we will never see the friends we made on the other side again. Unless we manage to pull a lot of Draenei and Frostwolf troops through before the portal closes, that's why I see this scenario unlikely. Because Blizzard will save those factions.
They probably will power it up, in 6.3.

I think 6.2 will be the first 1/2 of Tanaan and ending the Fel Iron Horde and Kilrogg.
03/29/2015 08:50 PMPosted by Galka
The expansion and our connection to Draenor is severed instantly, and it ends such that we will never see the friends we made on the other side again. Unless we manage to pull a lot of Draenei and Frostwolf troops through before the portal closes, that's why I see this scenario unlikely. Because Blizzard will save those factions.

But what about the hundreds of people that are in storm shield and Warspear? So 1 raid group is fighting the boss in the blasted lands and closes it leaving EVERYONE ELSE trapped on Draenor?
03/30/2015 01:25 PMPosted by Khardis
03/29/2015 08:50 PMPosted by Galka

But what about the hundreds of people that are in storm shield and Warspear? So 1 raid group is fighting the boss in the blasted lands and closes it leaving EVERYONE ELSE trapped on Draenor?

Based on what's been going on I think that, lorewise, the Ashran conflict doesn't exist and just exists for pvp reasons.

And IF...IF...the final conflict involves the Dark Portal I'm sure that it'll involve npcs and guards from both garrisons. Think the initial pulls in Dragon Soul, only larger scale. At least that's what I'd like to imagine happening.